Become a Patron!

Vaping and stress

flamewolf6

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I started vaping on 7-1-16. I had been so stressed out with my health issues that this was my last option. Things werent working. My normal coping measures. It did not work. When i first hit the vape for the first time the first day...i felt myself relax. finally for the first time in a bit. So while I may not have started vaping to get off cigs,I started vaping to control my stress and anxiety. And so far, it has worked for the most part.

flamewolf6

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am getting today an IPV D2 with aspire atlantis v2. am looking foward to this. my first box mod. ill have to order a small charger and a battery case.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I like that sized mod. Friend of mine has that one and has been very pleased with it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Those were great for their time! There's just so much out that's better now.

flamewolf6

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
okay....question.

you know what i have...i didnt know i was getting .3 coils...is it possible to vape those down at 20 watts and work my way up? i tried it at 70 wide open and about burnt my throat on the way down.

flamewolf6

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
also...can i stand it up? i know it has vent holes on the bottom and didnt want to get it too bad off

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You mean stand the tank up?

You can try 20w, then if no, or too little vapor production, just step it up gradually.

flamewolf6

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
okay...sorry this is my first box mod...i barely know what im doing.i did figure out how to set the wattage and how to manipulate the tank for full air flow

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No need to apologize, the "duh" was meant for me, LOL. You should be really happy with that set up.

flamewolf6

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am once i figure out a wattage that ill be okay with and not burn lungs...ill eventually get some .5 coils so itll be in the right range

flamewolf6

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
if im charging through the chargeport...is it safer to turn it off or leave it on? or can i turn it on after a while of charging and check the progress

i know...sounds like a stupid question but its a newbie one too

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know my friend always charged that way, vaped while in use. Did it come with a booklet? Not that it would mention passthrough, necessarily. Sometimes they "forget" to put that part on there.

Gonna look online.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK, so I don't give you bad info.... just because they did it, doesn't mean you should. Charging is ok, you don't have to turn it off to do so, but external chargers are certainly preferential for any mod that takes 18650 batteries. If you use it as a passthrough device, do so at your own risk. Not saying it'll blow up in your face, but also don't know that it can't. We do all this at our own risk, as is.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd venture to say that if it's made by Innokin, it's safe for passthru. If it's not Innokin, I wouldn't risk it.

Andria

flamewolf6

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i dont have a charger right now...i have maybe 3 bucks to my name i can spend on shipping for a charger should anyone want to donate one that they dont use anymore.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm using the only one I have. He's been charging his that way for nearly a year.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I started vaping on 7-1-16. I had been so stressed out with my health issues that this was my last option. Things werent working. My normal coping measures. It did not work. When i first hit the vape for the first time the first day...i felt myself relax. finally for the first time in a bit. So while I may not have started vaping to get off cigs,I started vaping to control my stress and anxiety. And so far, it has worked for the most part.
I know vaping has helped me through some stressful times, just like smoking did in the past before I found out about e-cigs. I keep some 24mg juice on and for when times get tough but with my subohm tank I can vape on 3mg. I do find I chain vape like a beast when the stress and anxiety reaches a melting point... It sure helps me. :):)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know vaping has helped me through some stressful times, just like smoking did in the past before I found out about e-cigs. I keep some 24mg juice on and for when times get tough but with my subohm tank I can vape on 3mg. I do find I chain vape like a beast when the stress and anxiety reaches a melting point... It sure helps me. :):)

I added a couple drops of some old WTA into my Achilles last night, I was so fucking depressed about all this FDA bullshit. It's been in the cabinet for quite a while, but it did seem to help. At least I didn't feel like burning down DC anymore. Or only a little that way, now. :D Trying to hang onto "change the things i can, and wisdom to know the difference." as hard as i can!

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It certainly works for former smokers! I've heard that said for people that didn't smoke and started vaping.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It certainly works for former smokers! I've heard that said for people that didn't smoke and started vaping.

The thing that the ANTZ and tobacco conTroll never got is that there is certainly a REASON why people start, and then continue, smoking. Nobody would take risks like that without a significant payoff.

Andria

flamewolf6

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
PM me your shipping info if your in the conus. I have a charger I can send you.
Thank you again for the charger. It got here today,and while yes it looks a bit rough,its charging my batteries just fine with no overheating issues so far. Eventually i want to buy some diy juice again and keep a good stock of 0 and 3 nic juice. i have some at the moment thanks to a couple of people,but for me,i go through 2ish 3ml tanks a day if im really stressed...1 if not....can nic cause the heart to palpitate?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you again for the charger. It got here today,and while yes it looks a bit rough,its charging my batteries just fine with no overheating issues so far. Eventually i want to buy some diy juice again and keep a good stock of 0 and 3 nic juice. i have some at the moment thanks to a couple of people,but for me,i go through 2ish 3ml tanks a day if im really stressed...1 if not....can nic cause the heart to palpitate?

Yes, absolutely! I couldn't use patches at all because of that. When I started vaping, I had to start at 6mg, because anything higher made me nauseous, nervous, and heart palpitations.

Andria

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The D2 is a great little mod. I've had mine for the better part of a year and its given me no issues. I don't use it much these days but have charged using the port and never had an issue. I never really worry about charging single 18650's but duels I stick on the external charger. Good choice, hope you enjoy it.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you again for the charger. It got here today,and while yes it looks a bit rough,its charging my batteries just fine with no overheating issues so far.
Your welcome. Glad I could help a fellow vaper out. You could take the tape off really. I put it on the cord to form kind of a back bone for the cord. The cord was at a wonky angle where I kept the charger and started to split the insulation that covers the wire. If you do, make sure to at least put some silicone sealer on the cord to prevent any mishap. Anyhow, glad you got it and find it useful.

flamewolf6

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, absolutely! I couldn't use patches at all because of that. When I started vaping, I had to start at 6mg, because anything higher made me nauseous, nervous, and heart palpitations.

Andria
whats weird Andria? im having palps even on 0 nic.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
whats weird Andria? im having palps even on 0 nic.

Then you should probably see a doc. When I had the problem really bad, I was still smoking, but also drinking a lot of caffeinated beverages, and under a great deal of stress. Naturally they told me to quit smoking, yeah, like I was gonna get right on that. :D What did help was reducing the stress level, and decreasing the caffeine. But nicotine patches were ALL too much nicotine for this body, AND didn't help in the slightest in previous quit attempts. Only vaping worked.

They did a cardiac ultrasound, but I never got the palpitations while lying down. They said it was probably a marginally weak valve, which flared up when I was under stress, or using a lot of caffeine, and naturally, cigarettes were the worst thing since the black death. Funny though, once I reduced the stress and caffeine, the palpitations stopped, though I was still smoking.

Andria

flamewolf6

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Then you should probably see a doc. When I had the problem really bad, I was still smoking, but also drinking a lot of caffeinated beverages, and under a great deal of stress. Naturally they told me to quit smoking, yeah, like I was gonna get right on that. :D What did help was reducing the stress level, and decreasing the caffeine. But nicotine patches were ALL too much nicotine for this body, AND didn't help in the slightest in previous quit attempts. Only vaping worked.

They did a cardiac ultrasound, but I never got the palpitations while lying down. They said it was probably a marginally weak valve, which flared up when I was under stress, or using a lot of caffeine, and naturally, cigarettes were the worst thing since the black death. Funny though, once I reduced the stress and caffeine, the palpitations stopped, though I was still smoking.

Andria
I plan on seeing the doctor andgetting referred to a cardiologist

Kimtexas1026

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Same here. I know I've gotten a few strange looks when I tell people I never smoked regular cigarettes but then I started vaping, but it was to keep me from STARTING smoking. LOL In my opinion, nicotine itself has less side effects than taking many of the prescription drugs that are handed out like candy. I don't think it's any more harmful than that, but that's just my personal opinion (although anxiety meds are a godsend for some). I have definitely noticed some stress relief from vaping.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Same here. I know I've gotten a few strange looks when I tell people I never smoked regular cigarettes but then I started vaping, but it was to keep me from STARTING smoking. LOL In my opinion, nicotine itself has less side effects than taking many of the prescription drugs that are handed out like candy. I don't think it's any more harmful than that, but that's just my personal opinion (although anxiety meds are a godsend for some). I have definitely noticed some stress relief from vaping.

If it stops even one person from starting to smoke, it's a valuable contribution to public health!

Andria

VU Sponsors