Become a Patron!

Vaping articles

Ryan57348

Member For 4 Years
So I read something on how vaping can cause lung cancer , emphysema, copd, and cancer and all of that stuff. Do we know this forsure? I know that I tried smoking a cigarette yesterday and I took two hits and I couldn't breathe and i'm only 22 years old! now I don't have a problem with vaping, my breathing is fine. I could chain vape and be fine. It's weird. The only reason why i'm asking this is cause I recently lost my grandmother from copd and i'm trying to quit so I don't develop that, and can be healthy and happy
Most importantly I like vaping more than smoking but I was just curious if vaping causes any thing like that. I know it hasn't been around for that long but I was just wondering . What's everyone's input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All I know is its keeping me off cigs, and cigs are about a million times worse than any vape ever could be.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
So I read something on how vaping can cause lung cancer , emphysema, copd, and cancer and all of that stuff. Do we know this forsure? I know that I tried smoking a cigarette yesterday and I took two hits and I couldn't breathe and i'm only 22 years old! now I don't have a problem with vaping, my breathing is fine. I could chain vape and be fine. It's weird. The only reason why i'm asking this is cause I recently lost my grandmother from copd and i'm trying to quit so I don't develop that, and can be healthy and happy
Most importantly I like vaping more than smoking but I was just curious if vaping causes any thing like that. I know it hasn't been around for that long but I was just wondering . What's everyone's input?

Some research indicates that sub ohms causes a chemical reaction with the VG to produce very high sugar, and Formaldehyde. But never have heard of anyone yet to get sick or have a illness from vaping in the last 8 years.

Ryan57348

Member For 4 Years
Some research indicates that sub ohms causes a chemical reaction with the VG to produce very high sugar, and Formaldehyde. But never have heard of anyone yet to get sick or have a illness from vaping in the last 8 years.

Hmm do you have any articles about this? Cause i'm currently using a smok h priv with a cleito 120

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hmm do you have any articles about this? Cause i'm currently using a smok h priv with a cleito 120

Like I said it is on going research I was able to get verbally some results from a source which is not complete or published yet. But it does not scare me, I still sub ohm. I try to use a 50/50 mix most of the times.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Just a little food for thought

People in North Europe live to be over a 100 years of age, and even smoke cigars daily which are all home grown natural, and the vegetables they grow have 20 times more vitamins, and minerals then what we grow because there soil is not depleted.

It would take you 20 Broccoli heads to get the same from one over there..

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Actually, that research is tainted. http://info-electronic-cigarette.com/health-experts-debunk-the-formaldehyde-risk-with-e-cigarettes/
Basically, in order to produce the formaldehyde releasing agents claimed to be produced, the vaper would have to apply a temperature far higher than he could inhale. It would burn the cotton long before breaking down the ejuice *how many dry hits do you inhale before stopping your vaping and fixing the issue?* and.. even if you used a stainless steel wick, the taste would be so vile you couldn't vape it, even if by some fluke you did manage to inhale. To be honest, at that point the formaldehyde is the least of your worries, the burning of your mouth and respiratory system would send you immediately to the hospital. Imagine putting your mouth over a boiling kettle spout and vaping. And that is only 212F.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

You need to read a lot more than news headline from facebook links. Actually get right into it and find out how these studies were done. Hell, even Harvard University printed a retraction and apology for an article one of its research groups did on diacetyl. Every proven and documented case (8 of them world wide) was confined to popcorn factory workers not using protective particle masks. There was also one dubious case, where the person claimed they got it from eating 2 bags of microwave popcorn daily for 20 years. See, news headlines say one thing.. facts prove another.

LOL.. i do an insane amount of research. I was terrible at looking up words in a dictionary at school. took me 4 times longer than anyone else.. I kept reading the other words on the pages too.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL.. i do an insane amount of research. I was terrible at looking up words in a dictionary at school. took me 4 times longer than anyone else.. I kept reading the other words on the pages too.
Yea we get that:rolleyes:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Actually, that research is tainted. http://info-electronic-cigarette.com/health-experts-debunk-the-formaldehyde-risk-with-e-cigarettes/
Basically, in order to produce the formaldehyde releasing agents claimed to be produced, the vaper would have to apply a temperature far higher than he could inhale. It would burn the cotton long before breaking down the ejuice *how many dry hits do you inhale before stopping your vaping and fixing the issue?* and.. even if you used a stainless steel wick, the taste would be so vile you couldn't vape it, even if by some fluke you did manage to inhale. To be honest, at that point the formaldehyde is the least of your worries, the burning of your mouth and respiratory system would send you immediately to the hospital. Imagine putting your mouth over a boiling kettle spout and vaping. And that is only 212F.
Who did the study, and where is the medical publication to be found?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Who did the study, and where is the medical publication to be found?
It is linked in the article.
Professor Michael Siegel, of the Boston University School of Public Health, immediately questioned the results of the study, and conducted his own informal analysis of the facts. What Siegel found was that the temperature at which the glycol was broken down into formaldehyde was much higher than any temperature the e-cigarettes could even reach.

And where is the scientific method used to support your claims to be found?
The aerosolized liquid was collected in an NMR spectroscopy tube (10 50-ml puffs over 5 minutes; 3 to 4 seconds per puff)
is hardly a scientific study on vaping. That is vaporizing 500ml of ejuice in 5 minutes. I want to know what coil and amps those clowns had to use to vaporize that much juice off a 5v charge. 200W at 40 amps wouldn't do it. (5v at 0.13 ohms). Even at 0.05 ohms that is 100 amps! Competition cloud chasers do that and it doesn't break down the juice. I won't go that low! According to their method, they are vaping a 50ml bottle of juice in 4 seconds or less..
In short, they manufactured their test results.

To get those results, a vaper would literally have to dry hit a mod for long enough to burn through 500ml of juice in 5 minutes

Last edited:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
It is linked in the article.
Professor Michael Siegel, of the Boston University School of Public Health, immediately questioned the results of the study, and conducted his own informal analysis of the facts. What Siegel found was that the temperature at which the glycol was broken down into formaldehyde was much higher than any temperature the e-cigarettes could even reach.

And where is the scientific method used to support your claims to be found?
The aerosolized liquid was collected in an NMR spectroscopy tube (10 50-ml puffs over 5 minutes; 3 to 4 seconds per puff)
is hardly a scientific study on vaping. That is vaporizing 500ml of ejuice in 5 minutes. I want to know what coil and amps those clowns had to use to vaporize that much juice off a 5v charge. 200W at 40 amps wouldn't do it. (5v at 0.13 ohms). Even at 0.05 ohms that is 100 amps! Competition cloud chasers do that and it doesn't break down the juice. I won't go that low! According to their method, they are vaping a 50ml bottle of juice in 4 seconds or less..
In short, they manufactured their test results.
Guess you can not comprehend what I wrote. Read it again.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

VU Sponsors