Become a Patron!

Vaping banned to smokers area

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone,

I have been vaping for about 2 years now and i have found it challenging the last 2-3 months. I need your help to figure out how to make this work.

I work in my office with one other person who I turned onto vaping. We would vape in our office. It was perfect take a vape when needed. I used an ego because it was saisfying without huge clouds. He used an ego i bought him because he was new to it. Well no one complained about us because it was simply kept low key for that reason. Well as more and more people started vaping because you can do that inside the more management noticed. I work in the office of a manufacturing facility. Well manamgement asked me to not vape in the office because they could smell it and its bad for everyone's health. I acknowledged that i would be more conservative but offered the research that was published at the time statng how much better it was than smoking but they brought up the secondhand vape issue so I conceded. A few months go by with me going out to the manufacturing floor and vaping near an exhaust fan. The smokers were always allowed to free roam outside to smoke so we vaped wherever outside. One guy who is what I would say is a cry baby, complained about smokers and vapers being near him when he ate. He sat by these people not the other way around. Well wouldn't you know it now the smokers and vapers are confined to a picnic table in the back of the bulding.

This brings me to my question. I have found myself bumming cigarettes and I can't seem to figure out why now and not before. I used to be around smokers other times and curb the urge. What is different? I upped my nic so breaks are more satisfying but it does not seem to help. Anyone else vape on breaks only and with smokers? How do you do it? Any suggestions from everyone?

Thanks a bunch
Matt

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Number one, I use fluids that don't have a smell or smell like candy, such as butterscotch.

I also vape in the bathroom. I take small hits and hold until there is no more vapor.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because people are ignorant and stupid and smokers are jealous, go on the other side of the building and vape by yourself if that will keep you from bumming them.... I vape with the smokers at my work and have no urge to EVER smoke again, not sure why you would want to smoke being around smokers if you have vaped for that long.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because people are ignorant and stupid and smokers are jealous, go on the other side of the building and vape by yourself if that will keep you from bumming them.... I vape with the smokers at my work and have no urge to EVER smoke again, not sure why you would want to smoke being around smokers if you have vaped for that long.
I have no clue why I started bumming. On weekends I wont smoke and night i wont smoke. It is only durning work and I try not to. I had rarely any urges in 2 years until recnently. I have having a cough again. I honestly can't go around the other side because thats where cry baby is and the other two have windows into management offices. I wrote my last post on break while vaping. I had the urge but I vaped and typed so i didn't have one.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If crybaby is on the other side of the building from the smoking area, he can't see if you are standing right next to the smokers or not. The smell of cigarette smoke is what is giving you the urge to smoke. I think cigarette smoke smells good and when I'm around it, it makes me want a cigarette but I resist the temptation. Try standing far enough away from the smokers that you can't smell their smoke, and I bet within a few days if not right away you will find you no longer have the urge to smoke.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the same type of problem,I quit,started vaping and TWO Days later the employer posted a new no smoking sign with "Electronic Cigarette Included"...I told them "Making E-cig users go to the smoking area,is like sending an Alcoholic to Their AA meetings at a BAR"....Z

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If crybaby is on the other side of the building from the smoking area, he can't see if you are standing right next to the smokers or not. The smell of cigarette smoke is what is giving you the urge to smoke. I think cigarette smoke smells good and when I'm around it, it makes me want a cigarette but I resist the temptation. Try standing far enough away from the smokers that you can't smell their smoke, and I bet within a few days if not right away you will find you no longer have the urge to smoke.
I have taken your suggestion and avoid being down wind of the smokers so to speak and it seems to be working well for one day so far. I never realized that cigarette smoke even though pungent and disguating is appealing to me. Thank you again.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have taken your suggestion and avoid being down wind of the smokers so to speak and it seems to be working well for one day so far. I never realized that cigarette smoke even though pungent and disguating is appealing to me. Thank you again.

Alcohol doesn't taste good from an objective viewpoint, but the second you take a drink of the beer/wine/whiskey/whatever, you enjoy it. Humans are insane and sometimes we enjoy things that are simply bad. I figure it's just because our brains are crazy, that and subconsciously I'm sure your brain associates the smell (or in my example taste) with the more immediate and enjoyable effects you get from it. I say immediate because we all surely know your brain isn't thinking about the long term effects of cigarettes otherwise no one would smoke.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe its time I dont know I have absolutely no urge to smoke and I am around smokers all the time in fact it disgusts me hmmm

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This brings me to my question. I have found myself bumming cigarettes and I can't seem to figure out why now and not before. I used to be around smokers other times and curb the urge. What is different? I upped my nic so breaks are more satisfying but it does not seem to help. Anyone else vape on breaks only and with smokers? How do you do it? Any suggestions from everyone?

How long ago did you quit? If you dont mind

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What level nic are you using? I don't really understand how vaping restricted to smoking areas would drive you to smoke, though...

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What level nic are you using? I don't really understand how vaping restricted to smoking areas would drive you to smoke, though...

Being around smokers can be tempting you know. Unless you've been out of it for like a while

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Being around smokers can be tempting you know. Unless you've been out of it for like a while

No. Not really. I'm outside with smokers everyday at work. The OP was vaping less, so started smoking, which would lead me to believe his nic level is too low...

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
lol fair enough

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bumped it up from 9 last week to 18 this week only when i am at workthough. I think part of it may have been that i couldnt get enough nicotine in that short time. Again im not sure if it was restricting me to be around smokers or the fact that i think i am seeing bow that i wasnt getting wnough nic.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bumped it up from 9 last week to 18 this week only when i am at workthough. I think part of it may have been that i couldnt get enough nicotine in that short time. Again im not sure if it was restricting me to be around smokers or the fact that i think i am seeing bow that i wasnt getting wnough nic.

18mg/ml is still pretty low. I'd go to 24mg/ml...

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
18mg/ml is still pretty low. I'd go to 24mg/ml...
I think so too, especially bow that he figures he wasnt getting wnough nic.
When I quit I started at 24 and 36mg depending. Then stopped the 36mg
and stayed with 24 though I sometimes use 18.

I didn't catch how long ago the OP quit smoking but I remember when I quit
being around smokers was at first intolerable as my lungs cleared
then it became a constant temptation.
I still enjoy a passing whiff of tobacco smoke but it isn't tempting

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think so too, especially bow that he figures he wasnt getting wnough nic.
When I quit I started at 24 and 36mg depending. Then stopped the 36mg
and stayed with 24 though I sometimes use 18.

I didn't catch how long ago the OP quit smoking but I remember when I quit
being around smokers was at first intolerable as my lungs cleared
then it became a constant temptation.
I still enjoy a passing whiff of tobacco smoke but it isn't tempting

I like the small and taste of cigarettes, but I don't get anything out of them. I have a few in Prague each trip, just because most everyone I know there smokes, except Sandra and one of the Petras, but my e-cigs have far more throat hit and nicotine...

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the small and taste of cigarettes, but I don't get anything out of them. I have a few in Prague each trip, just because most everyone I know there smokes, except Sandra and one of the Petras, but my e-cigs have far more throat hit and nicotine...
Yea, I like the small cigarettes myself...but I never touch 'em

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea, I like the small cigarettes myself...but I never touch 'em

I'm getting ready for a few small cigarettes over Christmas and New Years...
I'm on my NordicTrack...

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting ready for a few small cigarettes over Christmas and New Years...
I'm on my NordicTrack...
Just what u need on that machine
seriously, research this.

You might be interested in EWOT. Google that.
Think of getting several times the effect in muscle gain and fat loss
in as much time.

Oh geez. Hillary is on the news defending the religion of peace.
Interestingly enough Bush Jr Jr seems to have found his pants.
Go Jeb...still won't vote for him.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just what u need on that machine
seriously, research this.

You might be interested in EWOT. Google that.
Think of getting several times the effect in muscle gain and fat loss
in as much time.

Oh geez. Hillary is on the news defending the religion of peace.
Interestingly enough Bush Jr Jr seems to have found his pants.
Go Jeb...still won't vote for him.

Looks interesting. I'm already on an intense supplement regimen...
She's our next fearless leader. Guess she's kissing up to them before the coronation...

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks interesting. I'm already on an intense supplement regimen...
She's our next fearless leader. Guess she's kissing up to them before the coronation...
Dude. Don't set up them negative waves.
If Hillary takes the helm the whore of Babylon is here. I'm serious now.

Steve, you get an oxygen concentrator, preferably 10litre
and a mask and wear it while you bike or tread. You'll need a script for a 10
but you can get 'em. craigslist is a good source.
5L you can get w/o a script but aren't enough for the full effect

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't VAPE where u can't smoke!!
Golden rule

VAPE ON
I agree. Have had many a discussion with dudes thinking it's
cool to vape in school, stores, and hospitals. The latter was a guy whose mom was in hospital
and he was vaping in her room and in the halls. Almost incredible.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude. Don't set up them negative waves.
If Hillary takes the helm the whore of Babylon is here. I'm serious now.

Steve, you get an oxygen concentrator, preferably 10litre
and a mask and wear it while you bike or tread. You'll need a script for a 10
but you can get 'em. craigslist is a good source.
5L you can get w/o a script but aren't enough for the full effect

D. Trump won't be in by election day, which pretty much gives it to Hillary...
What about just SCUBA gear instead?

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
D. Trump won't be in by election day, which pretty much gives it to Hillary...
What about just SCUBA gear instead?
guess it would work...if you wanna have those tanks on you...suppose you could sit them down and
get an adapter

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

So its been how many days now standing downwind of the smokers? Is it still helping?

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So its been how many days now standing downwind of the smokers? Is it still helping?
Its been 3 days and no cigs. I am running a subtank with 22 nic and it seems to be working. I can smell the smoke but i dont get the urge. I wouldnt stand with them but i get a whiff and it does make me want it as bad as before. Thank you to everyone for your help i will keep you all posted.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you live with smokers? I ask because after about 6 months after I started vaping and quit smoking I almost wretch when I smell smokers. I dont mean the actual smoke from a cig but the smell of the people smoking. I will smell that stale ashtray tar stench way before I even smell the actual fresh smoke. As a matter of fact I can usually smell them outside after they went in unless the wind is chucking.

It might be that your around smokers so much you havent really gotten to that point? Hell maybe its just me. In all honesty I can go a workday without vaping now if I really needed to. My advice would be to just avoid it.

Get a little stealth rig like a egrip with some 100% PG mix with a tiny bit of menthol to take a couple pulls in the bathroom. Pure PG and you can literally take a big drag and just hold it in your mouth and lungs for a few extra seconds and hardly any actual vapor will come out and you will get your nic fix and smell a whole lot better.,

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you live with smokers? I ask because after about 6 months after I started vaping and quit smoking I almost wretch when I smell smokers. I dont mean the actual smoke from a cig but the smell of the people smoking. I will smell that stale ashtray tar stench way before I even smell the actual fresh smoke. As a matter of fact I can usually smell them outside after they went in unless the wind is chucking.

It might be that your around smokers so much you havent really gotten to that point? Hell maybe its just me. In all honesty I can go a workday without vaping now if I really needed to. My advice would be to just avoid it.

Get a little stealth rig like a egrip with some 100% PG mix with a tiny bit of menthol to take a couple pulls in the bathroom. Pure PG and you can literally take a big drag and just hold it in your mouth and lungs for a few extra seconds and hardly any actual vapor will come out and you will get your nic fix and smell a whole lot better.,
Wow yea. Stealth vaping. This is good.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree. Have had many a discussion with dudes thinking it's
cool to vape in school, stores, and hospitals. The latter was a guy whose mom was in hospital
and he was vaping in her room and in the halls. Almost incredible.
Wtf

VAPE ON

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well i am heading on a week now and still going strong. It is tough sometimes and others its really easy. I hate the smell of the smokers in my office when i quit before and it is slowy getting to that point again. I am vaping a diy apple 80% pg because my nic is in vg. I will be getting pg nic soon. I use a cheap ego kit to stealth vape and my regular rig for breaks with a 30/70 pg/vg diy apple taste is similar and help make it not feel too different. I am running 28 mg in my ego and 12 on my dripper. Seems to be holding strong. Again guys please support all the vapers and smokers out there. If it werent for your suggestions and support i dont know that i could have done it. I will keep you all posted.

VU Sponsors