Become a Patron!

Vaping by minors to be banned in The Netherlands

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like smoking or drinking, IMO vaping should be regulated similarly to MINORS.
My opinion; old enough to br drafted; old enough to make your own decisions be them good or bad....

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The saddest part of the article are the comments. I don't think most even know the Netherlands is not in the US or Canada...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good for them minors have no bussiness vaping.....let them steal cigarettes from their parents, and learn about sex in the gutters like everybody else.....I don't believe in coddeling the young.

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm from the Netherlands, and I actual think this is a good law. Just as I am in favor for mandatory listing of ingredients in eliquid/flavors (diactelys etc.) or a ban on liquids containing them. Also a max nic level is not a bad thing in my eyes.To be honest, I could even support the banning of unprotected devices...yes I know I will get alot of flack on that last one :)
Not all regulations are bad perse.

But I cannot support the bullshit the TPD is with the regulations on tank sizes and liquid container size, that just makes no sense.

Btw this new law also bans e-cig advertising...not sure on that one...depends how far they take it I guess

richu75

Member For 4 Years
I'm kind of surprised it was ever legal for minors to vape.
As to the rest of that, I prefer having the freedom to make my own choices.

There wasn't any legislation as to vaping.

It is just a relative new technology, and introducing laws take time.

Selling tobacco Cigarettes and alcoholic beverages to minors was and is prohibited. And soon vaping equipment is also prohibited under 18.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The saddest part of the article are the comments.
I'd say the article, or rather the action it reports, and the comments are equally sad. The article, not because of the new regulation, but because of (some of?) the justifications for it. "...the devices were more damaging to health than expected." What does that mean? On a scale of 1-10 the damage turned out to be 2, rather than 1? Or it turned out to be 2, as opposed to 1, on a scale of 1-1000? ``A recent U.S. study showed that teens and young adults who "vape" are more likely to graduate to smoking combustible cigarettes than those who do not.`` Hasn't that "study" been thoroughly discredited as bad science?

The comments... yeah. I had to stop reading them when I noticed my brains were starting to leak out of my ears.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My wife is from Finland. As soon as I read the OP'S topic she said they will go back to cigarettes. No hesitation.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping age limit in Hawaii will be 21 or older starting Jan 1, 2016. I hope that means no more high school children working and hanging out in vape shops.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah my daughter has a 17 year old friend, and he's all bout being cool and attracting girl...60 dollar hair cuts,play guitar,hip clothes....and now he has started vaping...0 nic, so that's a blessing,.....before you were forced to learn how to build and set up an atty if you wanted to vape, and that was a dicouragment to alot of kids because it's a hassle...but with these Mc Nugget tanks and robomods, now these 16-17 year olds can look "cool" blowing big ass clouds without knowing jack shit....with these Mc nugget tanks it's really going to attract alot more and alot youger vapers.....even on this board you can tell that there are alot more kids on the boards than there used to be...so though I think most of them will not vape nic or low levels, so they can drop vaping once it becomes less cool .......let's hope they steal vape gear rather than steal cigarettes.

VU Sponsors