Become a Patron!

vaping in australia

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
as of january 1st 2024 no disposable vapes can be brought into australia. the government has given border patrol over 20million bucks to upgrade search facilities. we ll done idiots you have now opened the door to the underground suppliers. they could have spent that to build homes for women and kids living on the street. what a f,,king world we have!!

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
vapes 'r' bad, m'kay

But TBH it's hard to be outraged about attacks on disposable vapes (or disposable electronics of any kind)

Last edited:

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Few people on Reddit saying Oz has outlawed ALL forms of Nicotine. Came here to get the truth. So it's just disposables? I just got some salt nic from mixologyVape.co.nz in NZ and they are talking about "hurry up and order before it's too late" all over their website... "Order now before vaping becomes illegal". I can't find any concrete info about wtf is actually going on. I dunno if they are just trying to scare people into ordering or if Oz is actually banning all forms of Nic..

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What I read elsewhere was that starting in March ALL vaping will become illegal except for people who get a prescription, and they will be required to use whatever limited (and likely terrible) gear and juice is allowed by the prescription. And of course it will cost way too much. I can't vouch for that, but it is what I read in a thread on ECF. The law apparently even makes possession of non-prescription vape related stuff illegal, so it doesn't just affect the ability to buy.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep. January 1st disposables were banned, including no nic

March 1st is end game. Everything needs a script and can only be imported by licenced pharmacists

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's how they wanted to classify ecigs early-on in the USA, as a medical device for smoking cessation. But that proposal was shot down in court.

Now they essentially want to pretend there is an approval process but they just reject everything lol.

VU Sponsors