Become a Patron!

Vaping in the news

MrFixIt72

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but a news station in my hometown is doing a 'Special Report' on the dangers of vaping and how it's getting kids addicted to it. If I can, I'll post the link to the news story later.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Yep, the news is anxious for a filler piece.

They got nothing on their side but sheer ignorance and of course this multi billion dollar industry only exist to target kids!

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The local news in Richmond Va did a "investigation" story on vaping over this summer. They put a negative spin on it, of course. What was worse though was the interview at a local store. It was horrible to watch all the employ's in the background blowing clouds on camera for all to see. I watched with my jaw dropped. Is it a requirement for vape employ's to have tats covering all exposed areas, and to have ear holes big enough to drive a car through? I think the story would have had a very different p.o.v. had the employ's NOT been vaping and looked more professional in the way they dressed. Black clothing, hats sideways, tats, gauge ear plugs and all is fine by me, but this industry needs a lot more professionalism to be taken seriously imo.

cavtruper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I briefly heard a news report this morning that some study (by a source I missed) came out and they concluded that vaping was 70% safer than smoking. In the same news report they added vaping has decreased cig smokers but that the anti's say that vaping is a gateway to cigs....???? I am so confused o_O
As an adult, I will choose to smoke or vape but either way, you have to be an adult.
This news report struck me as positive rather than bashing it.

I'm sure it has been discussed here before but I believe that the govt. doesn't like that they are losing money from the programs that tobacco supports. They scream stop smoking but in reality, they will have to get their grubby hands on our money another way to "save the children".

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would carry on like that if I saw my income dying. Simple fact, Vaping is much less harmful than Tobacco. Pretty much it. I don't know if Vaping is harmful or not. I know I can breathe, taste, enjoy life's smells. Clears it up for Me. :cool:

VU Sponsors