Become a Patron!

Vaping No-Nic. in Tobacco-Free Areas?

BrigSnip

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Please read the whole post before replying.

Is it okay to vape with zero nicotine in places that don't allow tobacco?

I'm NOT talking about schools, movie theaters, or hospitals. I'm talking about WalMart, Home Depot, etc.

I'm also NOT talking about blowing huge clouds; a cig-a-like or Ego is all I'm asking about.

Thanks for your input.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really don't think it's a question of nicotine. If you were in a crowd of soccer moms and their kids while vaping, I doubt they would care whether or not it contained nic. Vaping looks like smoking, doesn't matter what's in it, people will always be uncomfortable around it. That said, I stealth vape all the time and do my best not to be noticed.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not the nicotine that freaks people out, it's the vapor. As such, I would say no...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well in my experience and the Laws or Regulations in my state you are prohibited from vaping anywhere smoking is prohibited. They also now are posting signs that state No Smoking including e-Cigs or Vaping.

upload_2017-10-7_11-58-15.gif

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Please read the whole post before replying.

Is it okay to vape with zero nicotine in places that don't allow tobacco?

I'm NOT talking about schools, movie theaters, or hospitals. I'm talking about WalMart, Home Depot, etc.

I'm also NOT talking about blowing huge clouds; a cig-a-like or Ego is all I'm asking about.

Thanks for your input.
If they do not allow vaping then you cannot even get away with saying it contains no nicotine, because they are assuming the exhale vapor containing PG, and VG may be harmful after being heated.

They are just assuming since no real reports from the Government themselves have been released.

20476336_10154736270700924_5730454361427821371_n.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you stealth vape, no one will know so no one will get upset. :) High-PG, low wattage, exhale into your shirt. It's probably also a good idea to use an ejuice with little flavoring, to reduce the scent -- because no matter how good it smells, someone will object -- I can't abide raspberries, even their smell icks me out -- weird, but true.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If if you are "Stealth Vaping" you are breaking the law so be prepared for a court battle of fines if you want to play games.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or we could just be adults about this. AND only vape where and when appropriate. Laws or not.

Us former smokers should have no problem with this.... we are used to it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If if you are "Stealth Vaping" you are breaking the law so be prepared for a court battle of fines if you want to play games.
That's overboard. Worst that will happen is you will be asked to leave. Honda is right. Just do it when appropriate.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's overboard. Worst that will happen is you will be asked to leave

Do not know where you are from and depending on where you happen to be vaping that is it is prohibited makes a world of difference. Sure in a retail location they will ask you to leave or stop but in say a public place like a train platform MTA Police or regular police can and will write you a summons. In New York City you cannot smoke or vape outside with a roof over your head. Clean Air Act.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's overboard. Worst that will happen is you will be asked to leave. Honda is right. Just do it when appropriate.

Like public restrooms, in the stall -- whatever happens behind that door is MY business and no one else's. I refuse to let someone else decide when it's appropriate for ME to vape -- I mostly don't vape in stores and such, because I'm there to shop and get the fuck outta there... but that doesn't mean that I haven't occasionally had a stealth vape in a store, when no one was around -- if no one knows, no one can object. Stealth vaping means just that -- nobody sees it. If you vape more than 30% VG, you probably can't get away with it.

Andria

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel that the more respectful people who vape are the more accepting non vapers will be. I choose to only vape in areas where it isn't even questionable. I have even stopped vaping in my house if someone is there that isn't comfortable with it. I don't want this one thing I do be the thing that people see as defining me. I'm a guy who vapes, not the vape guy.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mom is severely No smoking.. she works with cancer patients.... so I have never smoked in her presence. Even when visit for several days. I used to go for walks... now i vape after 40 years of smoke... I still don't vape in front of her.. I just don't go for walk around the block anymore. I go out to the the street or back yard. She knows i vape and also know the safety of vaping. But out of respect. I sacrafice. Same as i did for my daughters. When they were born cigs went outside and weed stayed in the ground... boy i tell you the day they snuck the stuff into the house i was happy. Yeah they got busted..... but i got to enjoy my herbs after 17 years of waiting.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When stealth vaping is a retail location or public building even when you think you are alone might want to look up now and then.

upload_2017-10-8_9-11-31.jpeg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I wouldn't vape in a store, even walmart or home depot. Even if it's 0 nic, that's a technicality. Tobacco free zones don't mean you're cool so long as you smoke clove cigs. They're not going to take the time to investigate and verify that your particular juice is 0mg while another person's is 3mg or 6mg, it's easier to just blanket ban something and that's generally what they do.

Also a +1 to StevesS45's comment, there are very few places in larger stores like that where you're 'alone'. The also don't always look like large domes, they generally have a few obvious cameras as well as many behind blacked out or mirrored tiles or other fixtures. Heck even the small 3 bay auto shop I worked in had 5 cameras inside and 3 outside and could be viewed remotely as well as on site with recording.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I wouldn't vape in a store, even walmart or home depot. Even if it's 0 nic, that's a technicality. Tobacco free zones don't mean you're cool so long as you smoke clove cigs. They're not going to take the time to investigate and verify that your particular juice is 0mg while another person's is 3mg or 6mg, it's easier to just blanket ban something and that's generally what they do.

Also a +1 to StevesS45's comment, there are very few places in larger stores like that where you're 'alone'. The also don't always look like large domes, they generally have a few obvious cameras as well as many behind blacked out or mirrored tiles or other fixtures. Heck even the small 3 bay auto shop I worked in had 5 cameras inside and 3 outside and could be viewed remotely as well as on site with recording.
I'd vape in Walmart ...everybody there is too fat to run after me and make me stop.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Or we could just be adults about this. AND only vape where and when appropriate. Laws or not.

Us former smokers should have no problem with this.... we are used to it.
What I'm used to is spending as little time as possible in places where I couldn't smoke and now can't vape.

In New York City you cannot smoke or vape outside with a roof over your head. Clean Air Act.
Reason number 1369 to avoid New Yawk City.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seriously -- in your own house?

I don't force anyone to remain in my house. If they don't like me vaping, they're free to leave.
Only with people I don't know well enough. For me, I don't want anything dictating other parts of my life. So, if I have to put my vape away for a little bit, I don't mind. It's not that I'm unaware that people have the option to leave, I just don't think it's a stand I feel is important enough to make. The people that do get to know me have always been accepting but it happens over time. Anyway, it's just me & I was just sharing my approach. I have no judgement for anyone that uses a different approach.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pay NO attention to the so-called "laws".

I decide for myself, being respectful of others, whether or not I will vape at any given time or location.

Sometimes I vape where I'm not really supposed to and sometimes I don't vape where I legally can but it isn't appropriate at the time.

And I spend as much time as I did on this post thinking about it. Some things aren't worth spending time thinking about and where/when the government says I can vape/smoke is not worth thinking about.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What I'm used to is spending as little time as possible in places where I couldn't smoke and now can't vape.
Reason number 1369 to avoid New Yawk City.

You got it! I try my best to never go where I can't vape, but when that can't be avoided I use a small device, take small pulls with higher nic juice, and hold it in until no vapor is released on exhale. Hell, I even vape in the doctor's office when there's nobody in there. I may get busted one day but so far MS is more lax on vaping so I try to hide it in public as best I can.

People who come to my house know I vape and as long as I'm paying the bills, I'm gonna vape. Now, in somebody else's house, I'll be respectful of their space and not stay long if they're uncomfortable with it.

Drake m

Member For 2 Years
My house i vape when i want dont matter who there or whats going on. Other ppls house i ask and respect what they say its their house. Walmart restraunt ect i wait. In public i vape respectively. Parade for the kid ill step back and blow it up and away from ppl. Same with a park or something similar. I dont use nic anymore it is just a hobby and something to occupy my time with something. So ppl complaining about second hand nic. Have no argument when i do it in public.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pay NO attention to the so-called "laws".

I decide for myself, being respectful of others, whether or not I will vape at any given time or location.

Sometimes I vape where I'm not really supposed to and sometimes I don't vape where I legally can but it isn't appropriate at the time.

And I spend as much time as I did on this post thinking about it. Some things aren't worth spending time thinking about and where/when the government says I can vape/smoke is not worth thinking about.
^^^^^This^^^^^

If it would bother me if someone was smoking cloves...... ewww. I don't vape there. If I wouldnt have smoked i dont vape there... That said the best thing about vaping is I can do it in places and with people I could not smoke.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have vaped in places you shouldn't and was politely asked not to but I also know if I was to get a ticket I can't complain. Recently at Family Day at an extended care facility I went where no one was to vape and had an employee come over to me and she politely explained it is a NO Smoking Facility and it isn't that she has a problem with me vaping but the residents are forbidden to vape so if they were to see me it would make them feel like why can't I do it. That was one hell of a reason for me to go vape where I had to be exposed to stinky smoke from cigarette smokers. Made me remember how inconsiderate I was being a smoker..............

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My house i vape when i want dont matter who there or whats going on. Other ppls house i ask and respect what they say its their house. Walmart restraunt ect i wait. In public i vape respectively. Parade for the kid ill step back and blow it up and away from ppl. Same with a park or something similar. I dont use nic anymore it is just a hobby and something to occupy my time with something. So ppl complaining about second hand nic. Have no argument when i do it in public.
almost no nic is second hand it get's absorbed by your body.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Second hand vape has been studied by the CDC so look at the results they posted which you must remember are not Pro Vape

Drake m

Member For 2 Years
Second hand vape has been studied by the CDC so look at the results they posted which you must remember are not Pro Vape
You got a link? Everything i just read over the past half hour from multiple sites says there is still second hand nic in the vaper after exhale.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No sorry not handy enough at the moment but if I get a chance I will gladly supply it.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have vaped in places you shouldn't and was politely asked not to but I also know if I was to get a ticket I can't complain. Recently at Family Day at an extended care facility I went where no one was to vape and had an employee come over to me and she politely explained it is a NO Smoking Facility and it isn't that she has a problem with me vaping but the residents are forbidden to vape so if they were to see me it would make them feel like why can't I do it. That was one hell of a reason for me to go vape where I had to be exposed to stinky smoke from cigarette smokers. Made me remember how inconsiderate I was being a smoker..............
And how shitty is it that someone can live their whole life only to be told they can no longer do this & no longer do that. I don't care if it's vaping, smoking cigs, or toking up, they've earned the right to finish their life as they lived it...on their own judgement! Sorry, that crap irritates the hell out of me.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And how shitty is it that someone can live their whole life only to be told they can no longer do this & no longer do that. I don't care if it's vaping, smoking cigs, or toking up, they've earned the right to finish their life as they lived it...on their own judgement! Sorry, that crap irritates the hell out of me.

It was a NON Smoking facility so I must abide by the rules. Don't like don't live here.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was a NON Smoking facility so I must abide by the rules. Don't like don't live here.
I get that. But as a nurse, I am fully aware that many of the people in most facilities are not there because they choose that place. It is usually dictated to them where they have to go by insurance, family, & doctors. Personally, I want to be put on a small boat with a case of 24yr old Glenlivet & my vape & shoved out to sea. I've seen the alternate ending too many times! But I do understand rules are rules & all.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get that. But as a nurse, I am fully aware that many of the people in most facilities are not there because they choose that place. It is usually dictated to them where they have to go by insurance, family, & doctors. Personally, I want to be put on a small boat with a case of 24yr old Glenlivet & my vape & shoved out to sea. I've seen the alternate ending too many times! But I do understand rules are rules & all.

That sounds pretty good... except the Glenlivet. I prefer a Speyside single malt :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors