Become a Patron!

Vaping on a 60W mod

Avidos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First of all, this thread is about a user(me) who is asking on how and what to build on a 60W device. So people who's only using VW mode on similar wattage range have an idea too.

For example:

I am currently vaping on a..
  • Aleader Funky 60W mod @ 55W
  • GeekVape Avocado 24
  • I am using a `Fertility` wire which is a twisted 24G kanthal with a flat wire @ 0.24Ohms

Keep on Vaping! :D

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a 75 watt Pico.... current builds are .34ohm kayfun.. .6 ohm kayfun and 1ohm in avocado. all are SS coils the .34 is twisted 28. The .6 is 28/30 twisted the 1 ohm 28 . All are being vaped at less the 20 watts.. producing good flavor and more clouds than assumed....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First of all, this thread is about a user(me) who is asking on how and what to build on a 60W device. So people who's only using VW mode on similar wattage range have an idea too.

For example:

I am currently vaping on a..
  • Aleader Funky 60W mod @ 55W
  • GeekVape Avocado 24
  • I am using a `Fertility` wire which is a twisted 24G kanthal with a flat wire @ 0.24Ohms

Keep on Vaping! :D

What is your voltage readout when you hit? 60w doesn't seem like enough power for that low of resistance, especially on a RDTA. Not questioning you, just a curiosity question

Vape On!
Murse

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
24g round wire 6 wraps, 3mm ID, dual coil...should give ya a bit over 4V at 60W

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've mostly been using DNA75 devices over the last few months so a very similar situation, and because of this I've started to build everything to at least .4 ohm. I've been using premade Clapton wire from Lightning Vape recently that is very narrow gauge overall (36/26 NiChr and Kanthal). I could fit up to 8-10 wraps on all of my RTAs and RDTAs with it, allowing the higher resistance. With higher resistance I use lower voltage and with the right balance I get better battery life.

Avidos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What is your voltage readout when you hit? 60w doesn't seem like enough power for that low of resistance, especially on a RDTA. Not questioning you, just a curiosity question
Hello, I do get around 3.71V

24g round wire 6 wraps, 3mm ID, dual coil...should give ya a bit over 4V at 60W
So meaning, I need to get atleast 4V to get a proper vaping experience? I'm somehow new to this 60W device

I've mostly been using DNA75 devices over the last few months so a very similar situation, and because of this I've started to build everything to at least .4 ohm.
Good idea! so I need to get Atleast 0.40 for my device? Worth trying

I use a 75 watt Pico.... current builds are .34ohm kayfun.. .6 ohm kayfun and 1ohm in avocado. all are SS coils the .34 is twisted 28. The .6 is 28/30 twisted the 1 ohm 28 . All are being vaped at less the 20 watts.. producing good flavor and more clouds than assumed....
Thanks Mate, this is a great reference for me! cheers

Summary
- Voltage should be atleast 4.00 Volts
- Resistance should be atleast 0.40 Ohms
- Internal diameter 3.00 mm, Dual Coil

Correct?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've mostly been using DNA75 devices over the last few months so a very similar situation, and because of this I've started to build everything to at least .4 ohm. I've been using premade Clapton wire from Lightning Vape recently that is very narrow gauge overall (36/26 NiChr and Kanthal). I could fit up to 8-10 wraps on all of my RTAs and RDTAs with it, allowing the higher resistance. With higher resistance I use lower voltage and with the right balance I get better battery life.
I do a variation of this. Except for targeting to a surface area amount rather than ohm or power levels.......Steam-Engine makes things easy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
4+ volts is not something you need, it is just what I found worked well for me at ~60W

Avidos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I see, so my 0.25 Ohm setup will not do good.. but provide a below average experience. I'm glad to know that there are ways to improve the setup which I currently enjoy.

I keep you guys updated after checking out some higher gauge wire than my 24G's, again thank you. :)

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like dual coil ss 28/32 clapton 3.5mm id 6 wraps running on 50-55 watts.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see, so my 0.25 Ohm setup will not do good.. but provide a below average experience. I'm glad to know that there are ways to improve the setup which I currently enjoy.

I keep you guys updated after checking out some higher gauge wire than my 24G's, again thank you. :)

So when you build to lower resistance, youll need more power. With a 60w device, it will kill your battery very quick. IMO, I wouldnt build below 0.3ohms for a 60 watt device. I think youre fine where you are.

Vape On!
Murse

Avidos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Update
  • Still using Aleader's Funky 60W
  • Still using GeekVape's Avocado 24
  • Using FiberFreak's Density 02 for wicking
  • Got some Round 26G Kanthal @ 0.34 Ohm
  • Vaping at 47 - 50 Watts, gives 4.00 - 4.12 Volts
I'm happy that the experience I have before was improved, getting more flavor in this already delicious atty(Thanks GeekVape) and it was great. The wicking material also helped the process of improvement, at the same time the device that I'm currently using has `less` stress.. compared to my previous setup. Thank you everyone! :D

VU Sponsors