Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah it sure is windy out! When I went to the market for some Italian Bread for dinner it was so windy it actually stopped me when I was walking and almost blew my jacket off.

I had the kitchen window open this morning and I nearly froze my arse off! Thankfully I had instant coffee and a quick electric kettle for first thing. I was too cold to close it myself. Lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had the kitchen window open this morning and I nearly froze my arse off! Thankfully I had instant coffee and a quick electric kettle for first thing. I was too cold to close it myself. Lol

Not really that cold out but the Wind Chill is nasty~!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks. How’s it going with you? Nice to see you here!
Hi, yeah im ok thanks. The worst of the fires are gone. No smoke in the air, can actually see the mountain in the distance now for the past few weeks. Weather cooling down too. Nice part of the year the next few months.
Though my incoming vape gear is going to be a while from China. Hear where it's coming from is in lockdown. Gonna have a big economic global impact this virus. Oh well, in ways it was inevitable given peoples love of travelling these days. That's all I hear people talk about these days, going on a holiday overseas. On tv game shows "what will you do if you win? A : go on a holiday".
That and people these days general lack of hygiene. I reckon I only see 1 out of 3 cover up a cough. They say 6 out of 10 dont wash their hands after going to the toilet.
People used to get a flu and stay home but these days they either can't afford to because of their job or just dont care. Any wonder these things spread like they do now.
Ok, rant over. :D

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi, yeah im ok thanks. The worst of the fires are gone. No smoke in the air, can actually see the mountain in the distance now for the past few weeks. Weather cooling down too. Nice part of the year the next few months.
Though my incoming vape gear is going to be a while from China. Hear where it's coming from is in lockdown. Gonna have a big economic global impact this virus. Oh well, in ways it was inevitable given peoples love of travelling these days. That's all I hear people talk about these days, going on a holiday overseas. On tv game shows "what will you do if you win? A : go on a holiday".
That and people these days general lack of hygiene. I reckon I only see 1 out of 3 cover up a cough. They say 6 out of 10 dont wash their hands after going to the toilet.
People used to get a flu and stay home but these days they either can't afford to because of their job or just dont care. Any wonder these things spread like they do now.
Ok, rant over. :D

I know, the virus is going to hit vape gear pretty hard! I’m not sure if in Australia most general goods are made overseas like they are here, but it doesn’t bode well for us here if China is quarantined all over the place. Everything we use now is made over there. Even meds. (Yes, they sold us down the Yangtze River a while back.)
You’d think maybe the FDA would postpone Deeming with this virus but they prolly won’t. The crazy thing is that China not being able to produce or ship gear just goes along with their prohibition crack down. :crazy:

I’m glad the fires finally chilled out a bit. I hope the wildlife and plants/trees get to regenerate at least. It was sad to see and hear about the destruction. And the people suffering too, as well!!

You’ve got to wonder what’s changed so much in the last 20-30 years that has people acting like they are. For all our technology, it doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of progress!

Good to see you here, mate. :hug:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I know, the virus is going to hit vape gear pretty hard! I’m not sure if in Australia most general goods are made overseas like they are here, but it doesn’t bode well for us here if China is quarantined all over the place. Everything we use now is made over there. Even meds. (Yes, they sold us down the Yangtze River a while back.)
You’d think maybe the FDA would postpone Deeming with this virus but they prolly won’t. The crazy thing is that China not being able to produce or ship gear just goes along with their prohibition crack down. :crazy:

I’m glad the fires finally chilled out a bit. I hope the wildlife and plants/trees get to regenerate at least. It was sad to see and hear about the destruction. And the people suffering too, as well!!

You’ve got to wonder what’s changed so much in the last 20-30 years that has people acting like they are. For all our technology, it doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of progress!

Good to see you here, mate. :hug:
Yep we are very reliant on goods from China. So many things in shops and supermarkets have made in or produce of China on them. Most of our clothing manufacturers have closed as they could not compete, actually many of all our manufacturing has fallen to the influx of cheaper Chinese goods. They are buying up our country too, homes, businesses, large properties. Our universities are full of Chinese students. Our near oceanic neighbors, are being lured in by them building ports and giving them loans they cannot ever repay then say "hey, ok, we build a port for our Warships here, ok". They are closing in on us, and to that there is no doubt. A number of our politicians and intelligence persons are red flagging what they are doing in our region. I think I better learn Chinese.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep we are very reliant on goods from China. So many things in shops and supermarkets have made in or produce of China on them. Most of our clothing manufacturers have closed as they could not compete, actually many of all our manufacturing has fallen to the influx of cheaper Chinese goods. They are buying up our country too, homes, businesses, large properties. Our universities are full of Chinese students. Our near oceanic neighbors, are being lured in by them building ports and giving them loans they cannot ever repay then say "hey, ok, we build a port for our Warships here, ok". They are closing in on us, and to that there is no doubt. A number of our politicians and intelligence persons are red flagging what they are doing in our region. I think I better learn Chinese.

That is horrible. They’re invading Australia in a semi “friendly” way, it seems. Yikes. We’re getting all their shoddy goods, but they’re not really moving here. You’re fairly close to them, unfortunately. And debt that can’t be repaid being used like that is underhanded to the max. The world is scary anymore.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow it must have been really cold last night. Just took in the Recycling Can and the lid has an inch of ice on it I had to bang a bunch of times to get it off~!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow it must have been really cold last night. Just took in the Recycling Can and the lid has an inch of ice on it I had to bang a bunch of times to get it off~!

I was wearing a hoodie to bed last night and I had the covers pulled up to my nose!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That sucks, sounds like time for one of those Oil Filled Radiators. They are awesome and not a fire hazard.

We really need one. My landlord gives us heat when he feels like it, and it’s always been cold here at night. If you complain, the attitude is why are you not sleeping at that hour anyway?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
They are as cheap as $35 and go up to about $99. Check Home Depot.

Thanks! The weather could keep being chilly for a while. And this building is always cold in the winter and hot in the summer. We’re talking about finding another place but it’s so expensive anymore. Plus we don’t have a car right now.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! The weather could keep being chilly for a while. And this building is always cold in the winter and hot in the summer. We’re talking about finding another place but it’s so expensive anymore. Plus we don’t have a car right now.

Supposed to be really cold this weekend.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah it sure is windy out! When I went to the market for some Italian Bread for dinner it was so windy it actually stopped me when I was walking and almost blew my jacket off.
Mom and I were getting out of the vehicle, the wind was so strong it shut the door on mom when she was getting out. I got out and held the door open for her. Than as we were walking, I was behind her pushing on her back to help her walk against the wind. She literally was almost knock on her ass from the wind !

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mom and I were getting out of the vehicle, the wind was so strong it shut the door on mom when she was getting out. I got out and held the door open for her. Than as we were walking, I was behind her pushing on her back to help her walk against the wind. She literally was almost knock on her ass from the wind !

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

Yeah it isn't as bad today as yesterday but I was trying to open the storm door to get the recycling can and it was hard to open. Sucks when it is going the other way and it flies open~!

VU Sponsors