Become a Patron!

Vapor Flask V2.1 DNA40, initial impressions.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Best. Mod. Ever.

Propably not, but so close that its actually a bit scary. I will be focusing on build quality, ergonomics, battery life and not too much on the chip, thats a whole another thread.

First of all, the build quality. This thing is put together by a company called, surprise surprise, Vapor Flask. It's located in the United States, and they make a hell of a mod. When you first pick this thing up, you get a feeling of solid, hefty device that fits in to hand oh so perfectly. No gaps anywhere, battery caps sit absolutely flush and even the coin slots face the same direction when fully secured. To me, that just indicates that the guys who created this are all about the details and thats a reassuring thing to know considering that you just paid 299$ for a piece of vaping gear. Everything is smooth and fitting, tolerances are perfect. Buttons are also made of aluminium and they have that clicky tactile feedback. Fire button is easy to use, and the screen being on top is nice, because with the DNA40 chip theres a lot of real time information happening. USB charging port is located at the side, so your device can sit upright on the desk while loading and you don't potentially get leaking from your atomizer.

Ergonomics. This device feels so good in hand, it's actually hard to let go of it. It has an anodized finish that can be a bit slippery, but at the same time i never worry about dropping this. The shape is superior to any other mod ive held in my hands, corners are all nicely rounded and the buttons easy to use. 5/5 as far as i'm concerned, no complaints what so ever. All of my 22mm atomizers have sit flush and made a good connection.

The battery life is awesome. Two 2500mAh LG HE4 batteries in parallel provide you with a whopping 5000mAh of battery life in total, and because the batteries are in parallel, you can use lower amp batteries that usually have higher mAh giving you even more battery life. Only real issue with the whole device has to do with batteries and tolerances of the battery tubes. I cannot fit LG HE2 batteries in, Samsung 25R's or 3100mAh purple Efests. Only batteries i have that fit are Sony VTC4 and LG HE4. If the tubes were just a millimeter bigger, i could propably use all of my batteries without issues but as it stands now, im kinda limited to just a handful. But i can and have forgiven that, because thats my only con with this. Best money ever spent on vaping gear.

IMG_20150319_090600.jpg

Petrus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
LG he2 red color fit on mine. As well as the he4 yellow. My istick 50w using a cloud tank by wotofo 0.3 ohm build vaping at 40w, lasts from 7am to midnight. And I'm vaping like a clown in a circus. My flask even with two 2500 mah batteries lasts from 7am to about 3 or 4 pm hitting a subtank mini 0.14 ohm nickel build at 20w. Battery life in my experience is not impressive at all.

I have sent back my flask for repair because of the weak battery message. Maybe when I get it back, it will perform better? Based on performance I'm more impressed with my $50 istick than my $330 vapor flask.

LG he2 red color fit on mine. As well as the he4 yellow. My istick 50w using a cloud tank by wotofo 0.3 ohm build vaping at 40w, lasts from 7am to midnight. And I'm vaping like a clown in a circus. My flask even with two 2500 mah batteries lasts from 7am to about 3 or 4 pm hitting a subtank mini 0.14 ohm nickel build at 20w. Battery life in my experience is not impressive at all.

I have sent back my flask for repair because of the weak battery message. Maybe when I get it back, it will perform better? Based on performance I'm more impressed with my $50 istick than my $330 vapor flask.

I completely agree, Petrus, and I am very skeptical on this topic as well. I also had the same exact weak battery issue after using my flask for just over a week. I absolutely loved the device while I had it, but I couldn't help but notice that it didn't last much longer than my Manhattan does (even with an extra battery and less power output). I should have my flask back from its repair trip in the next day or two, so I'll find out if the batteries happen to last any longer... Either way, I'm beyond anxious about getting it back!

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is excatly why i didnt say anything about the chip, but more about the device. If the DNA40 wasnt so swamped with issues, i would sell all my other mods and just use this one.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep. Great mod. I have a VF too. But there's one thing that totally kills it: with two batteries and the stupidly slow 500mA USB charging module from Evolv, it takes half a day to fully charge from dead. When you're used to Vaporshark's 2A charging board, it's just oh-so-annoying.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Something must be wrong my subtank at .13 build I can go through 4 full tank on my mini before its even halfway on the battery meter. This is a dna40 in a clone flask enclosure. I can go two days on 25r's 2500 mah each

Petrus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Something must be wrong my subtank at .13 build I can go through 4 full tank on my mini before its even halfway on the battery meter. This is a dna40 in a clone flask enclosure. I can go two days on 25r's 2500 mah each

I did send my flask in for repair. So hopefully, I'll get better battery life.

I do have a kangin(?) flask clone that I can vape about 2 subtanks full using nickel build. Very different performance from the original. I feel that it ramps up so if you pull on it 3 consecutive times, by the 3rd pull, the vape is somewhat similar as the 1st pull on the original. I've vaped on the clone and the genuine flask using the same watts, temperature, tank and coil, and the genuine vapor flask outperforms the clone by miles. I've changed the watts and temperature on the clone to find the same performance as the genuine, but couldn't get it to perform as well.

Battery life is a different story.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
send my

I did send my flask in for repair. So hopefully, I'll get better battery life.

I do have a kangin(?) flask clone that I can vape about 2 subtanks full using nickel build. Very different performance from the original. I feel that it ramps up so if you pull on it 3 consecutive times, by the 3rd pull, the vape is somewhat similar as the 1st pull on the original. I've vaped on the clone and the genuine flask using the same watts, temperature, tank and coil, and the genuine vapor flask outperforms the clone by miles. I've changed the watts and temperature on the clone to find the same performance as the genuine, but couldn't get it to perform as well.

Battery life is a different story.
I have a authentic dna40 board inside a sxk flask enclosure. I used 18g wiring for the battery and 510 also the ground maybe that help the batt life.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, the wiring makes a difference in battery life. If batteries are wired with a small diameter wire, your precious battery life will be spent on heating those wires.

Petrus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a authentic dna40 board inside a sxk flask enclosure. I used 18g wiring for the battery and 510 also the ground maybe that help the batt life.

Once evol gets this perfect, I'll probably buy a chip and have it installed on my clone. Wonder if it's possible to fit the yihi chip like the one on the ipv4? 100w temperature control in a flask!

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Once evol gets this perfect, I'll probably buy a chip and have it installed on my clone. Wonder if it's possible to fit the yihi chip like the one on the ipv4? 100w temperature control in a flask!
You would have to modify the battery wirings and what not to series and mill the hole for the screen, but anything is possible i suppose :D

Battery consumption; I can go two days( depleted by late evening) out of single coil, 0.14 ohm nickle build at 40W, vapping around 6-10ML a day.

Battery chambers; The shop I bought it from had 5 units. I compared all of them and found one Samsung HE25 fits, two of them only fit VTC4/5, but one side is much tighter than the other. To my surprise, one I couldn't put VTC serries battery in it!

Battery caps; Mine don't quite lined up. It's not a lot, maybe a minute off from each other, but being CDO as I am, I kindda wish they do.

Luckily, I found one that even EFest fits just fine with some nudge at the beginning. I was gonna order mine online originally, glad I didn't.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting! I thought the batteries would last a couple of days. I get, roughly a day. When I put batteries in charger, they are completely depleted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toughguitar

Member For 5 Years
I've been using mine for over a month with no problems. The only issue I have is when using the charging cable, it can be a little touchy when plugging into the flask. Sometimes I have to wiggle the plug to get it to make a connection. I have three sets of batteries in rotation and don't mind changing them out, so I really don't use the charging cable.

VU Sponsors