Become a Patron!

Vapor not getting warm, coil stops heating

Zagnew18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi all, I finally crossed the line from MTL setups to sub-ohm vaping, using temp control (as I also did with MTL). I'm having an issue with one of my setups, here are the specs:
I have 2 identical setups. They are both Joyetech Egrip2 mods, using Cubis Pro tanks, and .25ohm BF SS3316 Notchcoils. One of these setups is loaded with a Max VG blueberry flavor juice. The other is a 70VG/30PG RY4 flavor. The device running the blueberry juice is set at 60W, and 400F in temp control mode. It hits beautifully, great warm vapor from start to finish, and I can see the temperature is increasing progressively and reaching my limit as I vape with it. The device with the RY4 however (same specs, 60W at 400F), barely breaks 280F in temperature as I vape with it. I can see the temperature rise starting at 70F, and when it reaches somewhere around 280, no matter how long I am pulling on it, it simply caps itself, sometimes even beginning to decrease in temperature again back down to around 250F. It is not going into "Temp protection" as it's getting nowhere near the set limit of 400F. Even worse, the flavor is tasting a bit burnt on that setup as well, even with the temperature being so low, and also even when I dial the wattage back to even as low as 40W (the Notchcoil is a 30W-70W coil).

Things I have tried to resolve the issue:
1) swapped the coil, same issue
2) dialed back the wattage, same issue
3) taken apart the tank, cleaning all threads and pieces, same issue
4) switched over to VW mode instead of TC, vapor is still not getting any warmer, so same issue
5) putting the same blueberry liquid in the tank that worked so well in the other, same issue

I'm new to the sub-ohm scene, so I personally don't know of anything else that would be capping off the temperature that this thing will fire up to. Any suggestions are appreciated!

VU Sponsors