Become a Patron!

Vaporesso Armour Max 220W Review By Ben28

Vaporesso Armour Max
1.jpg

Today I bring you a 220W box mod that supports dual 18650/21700 batteries. It is the new Vaporesso mod, the Armor Max, I warn you in advance that this monster is like a tank, it can hold whatever you want, it weighs a ton, it is durable, robust... Let's start the review but not before thanking the supplier of this product.

Big thanks to Kavis from Sourcemore for making this review possible. You have the product on the website available for $51.39 dollars but I have a code for you. If you use the code VAMM you will get the product for only $40.19, I recommend you take a look at it

Disclaimer; Nobody nor any brand is paying me to do this review, all you will see are my most sincere opinions, both the positive and the negative.

Vaporesso_Armour_Max_Kit_Features (1).jpg

I leave you some photos by which you can guide yourself to have a clearer and simpler idea of the product, in any case we will get into it in detail later.

I attach here some tables with features and specs, remember that this review will only be about the mod, nothing about iTank, in fact, I will be using an RDA atomizer from Hellvape.

Features
Crafted from TPU material
Dual external 21700/18650 batteries with 220W max
AXON Chip, F(t)/Pul/ECO/ TC mode
Uni-lock to secure your power
One-key unlock to simplify your vaping
Designed with 0.96'' TFT screen
Fit for Vaporesso iTank 2 8ml

BrandVaporesso
Product NameArmour Max Mod
Dimensions97.2*56.5*34mm
BatterySupports dual external 21700/18650 batteries (not included)
Output Power5-220W
Charging CurrentDC 5V/2A Type-C
Display0.96'' TFT screen
Fit ForVaporesso itank 2 8ml, Vaporesso GTi Coil
ColorBlack, Silver, Green, Orange, Yellow

Packaging And First Impressions
IMG_9364.jpg

The product comes in a black rectangular box with green accents, which is usually representative of Vaporesso lately. On the front we see a photo of the product in question. I have no idea if each packaging shows the specific color so I won't mention that. At the top we see the brand and at the bottom the name of the product/model. If you buy the complete kit with the tank, the packaging will probably differ a little.

IMG_9367.jpg

Behind what we find first are the product specifications, the contents of the box follow and finally addresses to contact Vaporesso. At the bottom we see a barcode and warning symbols.

In the box;
1* Vaporesso Armour Max Mod
2* 18650 Sleeve ( Inside the MOD )
1* Type-C Cable
1* User Manual
1* Safety Manual
1* Reminder Card

IMG_9366.jpg

On one of the sides we simply find the scratch on a green background to verify if our product is real or is some type of copy. In that case we must contact Vaporesso directly to solve it.

IMG_9365.jpg

On a green background again, we are shown the main features of the product, nothing that we have not discussed yet. These features will later be discussed in more detail.

In general, I quite like the Vaporesso packaging. I think the combination of green and black is a good idea and I love how they get to the point without getting too winded.

IMG_9368.jpg

As soon as we open the box, the first thing we find is the MOD in a hole made for its size. I love it because at first glance it is as if the mod was fat, robust, practically like a tank and we will see later that it is.

Device Inspection

IMG_9369.jpg

The first thing we observe is that it is a rectangular-shaped mod, being taller than wide as is usually the case. In it we differentiate two clear parts, one made of some kind of metal and another made of an anti-slip rubber. We are talking about the silver part and the black part respectively.

Let's talk about the button, which is the first thing that comes to our eyes as it is a totally different color. I am 100% with Vaporesso with the idea of making this button. It is a very large button that can be pressed with incredible ease. Also, depending on the color combination you choose, it can look good. In my opinion, the green with the orange button would look horrible, but in this case I chose it according to my tastes. Additionally, this button can be used to lock the mod. If it is down it means that we can vape and if it is up it would be blocked. In any case, there is a little padlock that marks it but it is not visible in the photo. Don't worry about it being blocked automatically, you have to exert a good amount of force to raise or lower it so it won't happen involuntarily.

If we continue going down we find the screen and the buttons, we will talk about these later in more detail, right now we are only describing the appearance of the product itself. Both buttons are very large and click when pressed, which I love.

Finally, at the bottom we find the Type-C charging port, although it is advisable to charge it with an external charger.

In general, this front part has me in love. It looks chubby, robust and at the same time formal and striking. It has me totally hooked and I must say that Vaporesso is responsible for this.

IMG_9370.jpg

If we look at the side we see in more detail the rubber part I was talking about. This part has specific shapes to make its grip more comfortable and anti-slip, in addition to making it much more durable against knocks and so on. I assure you that it is very comfortable and even though it has this rubber thing, it weighs a ton. Still, it feels divine in hand.

IMG_9372.jpg

At the back we find the same structure as at the front. Part of some metal and part of rubber. In the center we read VAPORESSO in large, I think this detail could have been omitted completely but brands like branding, anyway, it doesn't look bad. At the top we find the button that we must press to open the battery compartment. Inside it we will have the adapters for 18650, if we want to put 21700 in it, we must remove them.

The positive and negative sign is indicated on the cover. In addition, we will need the R and the L in case we charge it through the cable internally. This way we will know which of the two batteries has the respective charge shown on the screen.

This button does not jump involuntarily either, even if you want it to. Vaporesso has done great with security in this MOD.

Keep in mind that right now, on the pic, the MOD is upside down.

IMG_9373.jpg

Here you can take a closer look at the battery compartment. It closes wonderfully I must say, although I emphasize that I only tested it with 18650 because I don't have 21700 at the moment.

IMG_9374.jpg

If we look from above we find the 510 connector. Here we can put all types of atomizers that have that same connector. RDAs RTAs RDTAs or just normal tanks will work for this mod.

As seen in the photo anchored with three screws. I would like to know exactly what it is screwed into because Vaporesso has often had problems with those types of connectors because they were screwed into plastic.

IMG_9375.jpg

I wanted to leave the screen for last because it would probably be the longest.

On the left side from top to bottom;
- Vaping mode, here we can choose between F(t), Pulse, Eco or even temperature control modes, a novelty in this mod compared to the Gen200 or Target200.
- Number of puffs and their duration after taking the puff.
- OHM resistance, Smart mode should not be used with anything other than the Vaporesso iTank I or II.
- Charging of both batteries.

On the right side it simply shows us the number of watts at which we are vaping very large.

IMG_9376.jpg

Let's talk about the modes and functions.

First the functions;
- 5 Clicks we will turn off/on the MOD
- 3 Clicks we will enter the configuration menu
- To navigate through this menu we will use the up/down button and the fire button to select.
- Fire Button + Down Button will activate Smart mode
- Up Button + Down Button will block the increase or decrease of wattage

If we enter the menu we will have options such as;

Settings;
- We can change the Smart mode.
- Block the TCR.
- Reset the puff counter.
- Change UI color (Blue, Orange, Green).
- Change the brightness.
- Factory reset.
- View the current firmware version.

Then we will simply find the vaping modes.

- F(t) Mode, adjusts temperature, heating speed and time, it releases the flavors of e-liquid adequately, delivering the perfect balanced tasting experience consistently from the first puff throughout.

- Pulse Mode, is a mode to improve vaping experience through constant voltage output, delivering optimal flavor production, throat hit, nicotine satisfaction, and perfect cloud temperature continuously

- Eco Mode, is a normal mode of output wattage, you can according to the coil resistance to adjust the best wattage for your needs. The vaping time will last longer than the F(t) and Pulse mode.

- TC-NI/SS/TI: Temperature Control Mode.

I will talk about them giving my opinion in Vaping Time.

Vaping Time
Well, the first thing I must say is that this MOD is incredible in my opinion. It is something of the most robust, good and quality that I have had in my hands.

Before starting, for this review I used an RDA with 0.15ohm at about 50/60W. Therefore, I won't talk much about flavors or anything because it will vary worlds from one experience to another.

Well, let's talk about modes, the one they call ECO, is the adjustable wattage mode that we have known throughout our lives. Furthermore, it is the one that I used the most in my case, it seemed the most conventional to me and it suited my needs. Additionally, the battery lasts much longer than with the other modes.

The F(t) mode is supposed to give little knocks to the resistance to adjust it and get its maximum potential. I must say that the flavor intensifies somewhat but it is not a sudden difference either. Only, the ignition time of the coil is much faster than in ECO mode.

Finally, the Pulse mode is what we usually know as Bypass, it is the most aggressive mode of all and I don't recommend it very much if I'm honest. In my case, he usually gives dry hits with this mode but each one is responsible for what he does.

I have not been able to test the temperature adjustment mode so I will not give my opinion in vain.

Overall, this mod performs like a beast, it has incredible battery management, getting a good 600 puffs on a full charge at 60W. The fact that it is a dual mod also has a lot to do with it. I must clarify that I used 18650 and not 21700 throughout the review.

If we talk about experience in hand, I must say that it is a heavy mod and simply by its appearance it is noticeable. I don't dislike it at all, in fact, I love it. I must add a silly and funny detail, the mod, due to the silver metal part it has, is always very cold.

Conclusion

This mod has become one of my main ones at least for now. The word that would describe it perfectly is chubby tank. Simply because it is robust, durable and also looks bulky.

Outside of appearances, he also performs like a beast in any way. I still need to try the temperature control mode but I don't think I have the right coils nor do I know how it works exactly.

In conclusion, if you are looking for a mod that ensures quality and durability, this is yours.

That was the entire review, I hope you liked it, I loved doing it to be honest, any question or doubt, even constructive criticism, is accepted in the comments, have a good time vaping and thanks for reading !

By Ben28

VU Sponsors