Become a Patron!

Vaporesso mini

hey guys,
So I had an endura t18 for ages and never had a problem - albeit they are pretty idiot proof! But I decided I wanted something with a little more guts to it but was small so I bought a vaporesso target mini. And I don't know if I'm being stupid or if it's the target itself.
So coil 1. I put in passion fruit juice and it had a slightly odd taste -not like passion fruit and then tasted burnt within 4 days. Tried changing the liquid and then washed the tank as I'm thinking - the coil is almost brand new! But it wouldn't shift so I put in a new coil.
Coil 2- I put in a thicker liquid thinking that might have been my problem and the first like 4 puffs - crisp clear beautiful vanilla custard (I'm thinking yes cracked it- this is what people were talking about the crisp taste!) then it got an after taste of what I can only describe as fishy - I've changed the liquid again to pineapple and it still has an after taste.
Please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?!
Thanks in advance.
Sophsx

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Those ceramic coils seem to favor thin juice...like 50/50 and then I still read about folks having the same problems. I have the vaporesso tank, but haven't used it yet. It's just stashed for future use (if it even works)...I like 100% VG....therefore I wasn't in a hurry to be disappointed.

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I got my Target Mini I began having coil problems fairly quickly and I was doing the same things you described; changing juices, cleaning the tank, etc.. In my case flavor wasn't the issue, though. It would be perfect one minute and dry hits the next. I couldn't figure out why. I was using Temp Control at the time and being a newbie, I may have had it set too high. I really don't know.

I now use Watt Mode exclusively. For me, it seems to be finer control than Temp Mode. When I replace a coil I make sure that the new one is as saturated as possible and start at about 15 watts with pretty tight air flow. This produces little to no vapor but is very helpful in priming the ceramic coil. I alternate between firing it for short hits and then taking long, slow draws without hitting the fire button to pull the juice up into the ceramic. I gradually increase the watts until I'm around 25 or so, at which point the coil is nicely primed. It can take anywhere from 30 min to over an hour.

In my experience, the Guardian tank has a sweet spot and it's less than ideal. Regardless of what mode I'm in, I get the best flavor and perfectly smooth, big hits when the juice is just above the coil holes. It's frustrating because within a short time of reaching that perfect vape, I have to add more juice, which changes the tank pressure. Bye bye perfect vape. :( I'm shopping for new tanks right now.

My brother has a Target Mini and he sometimes complains that he can taste the ceramic. I'm wondering if that's what's happening to you. I think that it's hit or miss with the production of the Vaporesso ccell coils. I had frequent trouble with the 1st pack of replacement coils I bought. I'm now using a coil from a 2nd box of replacements and I suspect that they were made in a different batch because the performance is much better. I've been using the current coil for weeks and it's working perfectly.

I hope you find/found a solution to your problem. Good luck.

VU Sponsors