Become a Patron!

Vaporstorm Subverter box mod review. "Fashion for 3D printers"

Vape Path

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
This winter I got one plastic box mod from Vaporstorm, who are a young player on the vape market. I`ve found some pros and cons, but generally liked it, and today would like to present you the other child by Vaporstorm – Subverter box mod, which attracts buy its simplicity, functional and really simple use.

Subverter-3.jpg

Vaporstorm Subverter box mod came to me in a composite box with magnetic cover, where we can find the picture of the device and some info about its specifications and set info.

Subverter-1.jpg
Subverter-2.jpg

VaporStorm Subverter set:
1 * VaporStorm Subverter box mod;
1 * USB cable;
1 * User manual;
1 * Quality certificate;
1 * Warning card​

Box mod looks as a nice brick, which`s made with a great care. The plastic is pleasant for touch, the device doesn`t slipper in hand, but as for me, maybe I'm out of the habit of such a form)))
You can`t name the box mod «cheap toy»! It has a really good assembly and qualitative main material.

VaporStorm Subverter parameters:
Sizes: 90 mm * 55 mm * 27 mm;
Color: Red, Orange, Green​

On the face side we can find too bright display, «Fire», «+», «-» buttons and micro USB port.
When you press the button - they make a loud click, work without misfires, don`t bounce and jump in the grooves.
The screen displays indicators such as power, temperature, power curve, tightening time, voltage, resistance, current and battery charge indicator (depending on chosen mode). They aren`t mixed, so you can underline every indicator from other easily.
It should be noted that the system, when selecting a certain power / temperature value, indicates to the user the appropriateness of a particular threshold in the form of some colors from warm to cold palette (red, yellow, green, etc).

Subverter-4.jpg

Subverter-21.jpg
Subverter-22.jpg
Subverter-19.jpg
Subverter-17.jpg

On the sides we can find decorative changeable panels, which are fixed with good magnets, and the left one also hides the battery compartment. This is strange for me, because device grabs durt, but on the other hand – such a system prevents overheating.​

Subverter-7.jpg
Subverter-5.jpg
Subverter-9.jpg

The bottom is empty, and on the top we can find a spring-loaded 510 connector. The width allows setting atomizers up to 25 mm. The connector isn`t centered, but here, this is a good decision, I think.

Subverter-8.jpg

The device management is simplified as much as possible and does not make any difficulties, when performing standard operations for switching on/off (5 fast clicks), entering the menu (3 fast clicks), but also for make some settings.

For lock/unlock wattage/temperature – push «-» and then «Fire» without any procrastination.

The menu consists of three points of choosing modes - «Power», «Curve», «TC» and one option of back to the main screen.

Subverter-11.jpg

«Power» – is a standard mode without any interesting moments, but curve mods are more interesting in this way.

«Curve» mode – allows to choose one of 5 pre-built curves and customize their parameters. For to increase or decrease wattage of each step of the curve – use «+» and «-» buttons. For to navigate between them – use «Fire.

Subverter-14.jpg
Subverter-12.jpg

«TC» mode – allows choosing the wire type and setting TCR coefficient.

Subverter-15.jpg
Subverter-16.jpg
Subverter-13.jpg

Vaporstorm Subverter specifications:
Wattage: 5-19W;
Output Voltage: 0,5 – 8V;
Resistance: 0,05-3 Оhm (Power), 0,05-3 Оhm (TC, TCR);
Modes: VW, Bypass, TC (Ni, Ti, SS), TCR (M1, M2);
Temperature: 100-300℃/200-600℉;
Current: 1,5А;
Thread: of 510 type, spring-loaded;
Battery: 2 high-rated 18650 batteries;
Protection list: From shirt circuit, low voltage, high voltage, cut off 10 seconds, from overheating

Subverter-10.jpg

Pros:
Quality and assembly;
Intuitive and simple menu;
Fast chip;
Price

Cons:
Too bright display;
Battery compartment is opened for dust and durt

CV
I was pleasantly surprised by Subverter. This device definitely represents a competent balance in terms of value for money!
The responsive chip, simple settings and a clear interface in the mix with low price make the device competitive in market space, despite the company's little-known.
Yes, the body`s of plastic, but of a really high-quality plastic! It`s pleasant for touch and `s well assembled. Yes, i`m nervous, that there`re some holes, where we can find dust and dirt, while using Subverter, but this is my own esthetic moment ;)
While using box mod, I haven`t found its` heating, and this is one more pros to manufacturer, who did not just take a 3D printer and hired corps with boards, but made it with a process understanding.
The price costs its level: you can buy Vaporstorm Subverter for 39.99$ and believe me, that it justifies itself.

You can buy Vaporstorm Subverter box mod here.

VU Sponsors