Become a Patron!

Variant titanium

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is it worth the $599 I'm seriously thinking about it what's your thoughts I already own the sigelei 100w
09d9d7c60ffb0f4536fc8cb85e439ab3.jpg

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have drooled over the mod myself. It is worth it if it is worth it to you. I get a little on the frugal side of things sometimes and I would hate to drop the coin and be disappointed that it is no better than my ipv3 in actual function. I would love to hear some feedback on the unit but anybody that buys one or receives one will more than likely rave on it.

Last edited:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
250watts is a lot I hardly go over 65 with my current PV I think I just like the elitist status lol throw on my gold kraken and I'll be Vaping a grand almost. God its nice but I dunno

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm Checking if I have enough food to last me till my next check lol this is bad they only have two available

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If its still available by next Thursday I'm buying it I won't sacrifice food but I fine not having pocket money for a few weeks for this beauty

bryce666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
599 doll hairs...do it, do it.
Just get some Ribeye steak ejuice, food is over rated!

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I paid $700 for the slim at vape international. Wish i knew about that one for $599 :/

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It depends on how much $600 is worth to you. For me no vaping hardware is worth that much, but if you want it that much and don't mind dropping that much then go for it.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree, it completely over priced but there's nothing else quite like it. This is going to be my final mod purchase, to cap an already gratuitous collection of mods that mostly sit on display, a half dozen hanas, 3 billet boxes, a wizard, semovar, etc. Im selling all but my top three that i use a lot, and after the variant, NO MORE ;)

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As fast as this industry moves it will probably be old news in 9 months. Technology just does not hold value. I also don't think we consumers should encourage this type of pricing but I am also not one to shame people for spending more than I would. Reward yourself with the money you earn in whatever way floats your boat. If you get satisfaction out of it then go for it.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I paid $700 for the slim at vape international. Wish i knew about that one for $599 :/

Holy sh_ _ man , my life's savings isn't even close to that , actually i don't think it's half of that , man does my life suck.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Holy sh_ _ man , my life's savings isn't even close to that , actually i don't think it's half of that , man does my life suck.
don't feel bad, I obviously have a problem... mod addiction.

I'm selling half of my collection to justify it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was told the Variant was a PWM device... IDK for sure though. However, I do know that I have never been let down with any of their products.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I pulled the trigger last night at midnight. It seems about the right time for a fast.

nashman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Imo, the high price is due to the Titanium, a lot of people hear Titanium and it just makes people think of lightweight indestructibility . Is the mod superior to others in any other way that warrants that type of price , good question.

No doubt Titanium is harder to work with and machine and that add's greatly to the cost.

Will the Titanium last longer than the Aluminum , i don't think so , both rugged as hell and lightweight and should last a lifetime . An all Aluminum shell is A Ok with me and has never failed in the past , a hell of a lot cheaper as well.

Now if your talking status symbol and showing off then Titanium will impress more than Aluminum but for practicality , grossly overpriced to me , but i would gladly accept a gift or donation of an all Titanium mod , just wanted to make that clear lol.

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, she arrived today, sooner than I expected. If only I had ordered battery packs already...

9ahu7u3a.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Looks very nice , congrats , just in case you missed what i said in a previous post , i will accept donations (although i don't like to) i feel it's the right thing and my duty as a US citizen .

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Imo, the high price is due to the Titanium, a lot of people hear Titanium and it just makes people think of lightweight indestructibility . Is the mod superior to others in any other way that warrants that type of price , good question.

No doubt Titanium is harder to work with and machine and that add's greatly to the cost.

Will the Titanium last longer than the Aluminum , i don't think so , both rugged as hell and lightweight and should last a lifetime . An all Aluminum shell is A Ok with me and has never failed in the past , a hell of a lot cheaper as well.

Now if your talking status symbol and showing off then Titanium will impress more than Aluminum but for practicality , grossly overpriced to me , but i would gladly accept a gift or donation of an all Titanium mod , just wanted to make that clear lol.
Actually, I know a guy who mills all kinds of things, from teeth to machine parts. He tells me titanium isnt really expensive. Don't quote me but i think he said $6 per kg.
His machine mills it like nothing. Of course, he could be just talking.

It certainly is a bad ass mod and a thing of beauty. Definitely some vanity here, but hey, it's part of the love.

If I win the mega millions, this baby is yours; )

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love titanium, with it being so light weight. I've got a couple of titanium tanks & the weight of them has definitely spoiled me. I hate picking up my stainless RBTA's now. I'm considering the new Achilles Ti Rda & I love the look of that mod, but I don't think I could even convince myself to spend that much.... can you convince me? hahaha. How does she vape & feel in your hand?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My gf with who I share the bills with just found out what I paid for this and said" I hope that thing has a hole in it cause on not going to be fucking you for a while" my dumb ass paid with our joint account not my own

Rudebwoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your gonna go without food for awhile because you need to get lipo batts and have them soldered with micro dean connectors and get a charging bag for the lipos and a good balance charger.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your gonna go without food for awhile because you need to get lipo batts and have them soldered with micro dean connectors and get a charging bag for the lipos and a good balance charger.
I didn't have to solder anything. The battery pack I bought had jst connectors that come right off, exposing the metal tips that slide right into the provided micro dean connector (comes with two)

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My gf with who I share the bills with just found out what I paid for this and said" I hope that thing has a hole in it cause on not going to be fucking you for a while" my dumb ass paid with our joint account not my own
All good brother, it's gonna be worth a little abstinence...

Rudebwoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I didn't have to solder anything. The battery pack I bought had jst connectors that come right off, exposing the metal tips that slide right into the provided micro dean connector (comes with two)
If you didnt solder the micro deans i feel sorry for you because when it blows up your screwed. and this is a why you should know your battery safety before use you should join the vicious ant box mod club and tell them what your telling me because it sounds so unsafe its not even funny

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love titanium, with it being so light weight. I've got a couple of titanium tanks & the weight of them has definitely spoiled me. I hate picking up my stainless RBTA's now. I'm considering the new Achilles Ti Rda & I love the look of that mod, but I don't think I could even convince myself to spend that much.... can you convince me? hahaha. How does she vape & feel in your hand?
While I can't really say it feels like holding $700, it does feel pretty damn good. She hits like nothing else I've owned (I also have a wizard eveolved, v2 hana, vapor shark, and a zna lite) and she's practically idiot proof.

For example, if your battery and coil can't handle say 150 watts but you try anyway, she'll automatically drop you down to the highest level you can handle. Only tried wattage mode so far, but there's also the standard voltage and a new mode called pulse. There's many other features as well, and the resistance meter reads down to hundredths!

My only complaint really is the lack of any charge port to hook up to. Here she is cooking some ambrosia with an SOV kf dripper conversion:
82a808d98d58b575f32cb361611cd977.jpg

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you didnt solder the micro deans i feel sorry for you because when it blows up your screwed. and this is a why you should know your battery safety before use you should join the vicious ant box mod club and tell them what your telling me because it sounds so unsafe its not even funny
Wow, way to not sound like a complete dick.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually, I know a guy who mills all kinds of things, from teeth to machine parts. He tells me titanium isnt really expensive. Don't quote me but i think he said $6 per kg.
His machine mills it like nothing. Of course, he could be just talking.

It certainly is a bad ass mod and a thing of beauty. Definitely some vanity here, but hey, it's part of the love.

If I win the mega millions, this baby is yours; )

Oh man , you mean it ? "YES" so your saying there's a chance . Man , your the best .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Thats where industrial size containers of petroleum jelly prove their worth , joint accounts with the GF , not a good idea , not even a good idea with the wife imo . It was a good idea to use it for buying this item though.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I had the variant for two days and flipped it for $175 profit. I just didn't like it my Sigelei does the same thing and I never Go above 75watts. I did just order a dna40 for my cana mini. At least that's realistic real world use.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I had the variant for two days and flipped it for $175 profit. I just didn't like it my Sigelei does the same thing and I never Go above 75watts. I did just order a dna40 for my cana mini. At least that's realistic real world use.
Man i think you made a good decision, the clone will ship next month already. Seriously, wtf? I mean, did VA just give them the prototypes and was like here ya go, and thanks for the licensing fee?

Im not even amazed by mine like i should have been for $700. If you know someone else that wants one that's pristine, and jwrapped since day one, holler...

VU Sponsors