Become a Patron!

Very frustrated with leaking Egrip RBA base

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've just about had it with the RBA base for my Egrip. Leaking has become such a huge issue. Its things like this that make me want to give up vaping.

The RBA base worked great at the beginning with the pre installed coil and wick, but ever since I started rebuilding it things have gone wrong.

In room temperature with no atmospheric changes, the juice just flows out of the air intake, sometimes so quickly that you can see it spilling out.

I've done what all the tutorials have said. I put the cotton upwards into the tube, screw it on, and then tuck it downwards. I cover all four holes and put so much cotton sometimes that the drag is very tight.

I don't know what to do anymore.

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
I've just about had it with the RBA base for my Egrip. Leaking has become such a huge issue. Its things like this that make me want to give up vaping.

The RBA base worked great at the beginning with the pre installed coil and wick, but ever since I started rebuilding it things have gone wrong.

In room temperature with no atmospheric changes, the juice just flows out of the air intake, sometimes so quickly that you can see it spilling out.

I've done what all the tutorials have said. I put the cotton upwards into the tube, screw it on, and then tuck it downwards. I cover all four holes and put so much cotton sometimes that the drag is very tight.

I don't know what to do anymore.
Less cotton. If the drag is tight, then you're blocking the airhole, which means it's wicking the juice to the hole and then out the bottom. I have 3 rba decks, and have never ever had a leak.
I never cover all 4 holes, I have drilled out the two holes that are at the ends of the wick and I leave the others uncovered. It could be a bad seal somewhere so the seal is broken, and there is no vacuum.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Mine has only leaked one time and that was when I over filled it. I only fill it to about 80% and haven't had a problem since doing that. Also, I always fill from the port, not from the bottom. I don't think the "vacuum" is created properly when filling from the bottom. Also, I don't rebuild. I use the coils that are pre-built but I do rewick them. I don't think the cotton that comes in them is enough. I use the same coil forever, just replace the cotton.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine has only leaked one time and that was when I over filled it. I only fill it to about 80% and haven't had a problem since doing that. Also, I always fill from the port, not from the bottom. I don't think the "vacuum" is created properly when filling from the bottom. Also, I don't rebuild. I use the coils that are pre-built but I do rewick them. I don't think the cotton that comes in them is enough. I use the same coil forever, just replace the cotton.
When I go places where the temperature changes quickly, such as stepping into a hot car after work, I tip it on its side and open the filling door for a second to let the atmosohere match up. It seems to work usually.

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
That's there and it came with a replacement.

I'm talking about the o-ring that goes on the very top of the cap. The extra one they send is for around the base. Mine always falls off when I'm taking it off to re-wick. Once I didn't realize it was off and I closed it all up turned it over and juice was pouring out. I then quickly saw the o-ring laying on the table. So I make sure to check that all the time.

VU Sponsors