Become a Patron!

VG has gone thin over time.

So i bought a big jug of pure VG 6 months ago, and have been using it since to make 75/25, but past few batches, with the same exact recipes as before, they're turning out really thin. I even compared an old mixed up bottle of juice that's 75/25 to my VG in a similar empty bottle, and the straight VG behaves thinner LOL

Could this be from leaving the VG container open for months? I live in a 60 degree Fahrenheit climate btw. Anyone ever experience this?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
You don't mean left open for months as in no cap? VG can absorb moisture through the air but capping your container should prevent that from happening for the most part.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hope no flies,animal hair, dust, or other stuff you don't want got in there...VG is very sweet like nectar...bugs love it. :oops:

Aluminum foil or Plastic wrap and a rubber band work in a pinch to make a cap...wouldn't
be fully air-tight, but better than nothing IMO.

Getting a cat hair fired up in an atty is NOT a good flavor...trust me. ;)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yeah as in without a cap on. That is what i did unfortunately. I lost the cap and just let it sit open. But that makes sense, thanks.
:) That will do it VG is hygroscopic. Maybe just adjust your PG/VG ratio or try max vg and see what happens. I'm not condoning the use of ingredients left out in those conditions but when in Rome lol

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No cap... WTF!!!
Too late but doesn't mean it's ruined (on the other hand...) Some people use water (distilled) to thin pure VG juices (because they can't tolerate PG) Even 5 % will really thin the VG. At least it was stored at relatively low temps. Toss it, use it to make a lifetime supply of hand sanitizer, or just use lower % PG in your juice. If you have a cat or dog, it makes a great enema for constipation (serious)
I can't believe you had a gallon and didn't find a way to seal the opening.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, if it sat open to the elements for 6 months, I'd call it contaminated, and definitely explains the thinning out. Dump it and start fresh.

VU Sponsors