Become a Patron!

VG too high?

plankiest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got some juice from ITC that I'm super excited about. I ordered max VG. I put some in my Aspire Nautilus tank, and it tastes burnt. Is it too much VG for the coil? Is there a good way to thin the juice out? Would adding PG help? Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donbear

Member For 4 Years
what voltage/wattage or battery are u running your Nautilus on? I use my Nautilus quite a bit, sometimes with max VG. Runs fine at ~10 W .4.4 V. Have you changed out your coil and tried again?

Note: I,m not a big fan of max vg in my tanks

Good Luck!

plankiest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an iStick 30W. I started it at 4.5 volts (12.6 W). Decreasing the volts has definitely helped! Thank you so much Donbear! I will not be getting max VG in the future lol

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, too thick. You could add some pg, or just use the juice in a dripper. Very few tanks with the exception of the Atlantis or Kanger Sub-tank can adequately wick max vg juice.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got some juice from ITC that I'm super excited about. I ordered max VG. I put some in my Aspire Nautilus tank, and it tastes burnt. Is it too much VG for the coil? Is there a good way to thin the juice out? Would adding PG help? Thank you in advance!

The subtanks like the Arctic and Atlantis have bigger juice inlets in their coils allowing me to vape thick 100%VG without any dry hits...
By the same token my sister has to vape a 50/50 mix in her protank mini and the full size Nautilus to avoid those burnt hits...they don't wick well with those small wicks and in the protank with any juice over 70% VG... The Nautilus she vapes is a little better but still has to watch the VG level....she keeps it below 70% also
I drip too so all of my juice is 100%VG and the Arctic and Nautilus subtanks vape it really well..never had a dry hit, let alone a burnt hit even chain vaping, from either....I like Banana Berry and Dirty Dutchman from ITC...good tasting' juice!

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Adding pg will work. I've also put distilled water in my juices before. Just know if you use water to use a very small amount

Ice_Berg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know I might be a bit late adding to this, but I've notived that there are different sized holes for different nautilus coils. I have a recently purchased package of 1.8ohm coils, and they have much larger juice holes than the previous 1.8 and 1.6 coils that I have used. Another thing I've noticed is that my Nautilus Mini works best with shorter, harder, mouth to lung hits. A bit of priming also works well in between chain vapes.

BTW, I use almost exclusively max VG juice, and found these things out over the past few months.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might add I recently got the Herkales and Starre subtanks..these bad boys are my top tanks now...big airflow for deep lung hits, .25 ohm coil in the Starre make for intense flavor/clouds...but they both have large juice holes and wicks my thickest 100% VG fast..crazy fast! No dry hits even chain vaping at 60w...my Atlantis back on the shelf! Lol

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Ice_Berg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a Kanger SubTank mini... my fave tank now. SOOOO much more airflow than the nautilus, but I still keep my nautilus around for a flavour change, and also a nic change. I use it control my cravings down a bit more. I can't do 60W on the mini, but 30-45W in the RBA deck is pretty awesome. Made some decent coils too.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can try adding a couple of drops of distilled water to the Nautilus - that should help without diluting the juice so that you notice!

plankiest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I might add I recently got the Herkales and Starre subtanks..these bad boys are my top tanks now...big airflow for deep lung hits, .25 ohm coil in the Starre make for intense flavor/clouds...but they both have large juice holes and wicks my thickest 100% VG fast..crazy fast! No dry hits even chain vaping at 60w...my Atlantis back on the shelf! Lol

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk
I just picked up the Herakles and an ipv mini I I yesterday. The Atlantis is so... bland.

I honestly thought that one of the main benefits to quitting analogs would be all the money that I would be saving. They need to quit it with these badass sub ohm tanks. Then maybe I could start saving some money! Lololol!

VU Sponsors