Become a Patron!

Vista Vapors question..

hexskrew

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I took the plunge and ordered hella juice from vistavapors.com.
-102ML of Gummy Bears / Max VG / 20% boost
-17ML Dragon Fruit Pomegranate / 50/50 mix / 20% boost
-17ML Shamrock / Max VG / No boost
All 3 at 12ML Nic

Just to preface this, I have had two fruity flavors a friend gave me from them and they vaped great!

But this batch.. The Shamrock tastes fine. Flavor is meh, but I am confident with a little steeping it'll be all good (though with my Kanger Subohm Mini and the RBA, it may not make it till then), but the Gummy Bears and the Dragon/Pom taste like someone replaced my juice in my tank with straight up cologne!

I'm no picky person when it comes to my vape.. I have made myself vape some raunchy A$^ juice before just because I am so cheap, but this stuff is unvapable. I had to brush my teeth afterwards just to get the taste out of my mouth, and I even wasted a brand new .5ohm coil on the Gummy Bears..

Even when I smell the juice, like every once in a blue moon I will get a scent that says gummy bears to me but for the most part it smells like trashy cheap cologne. So my question is has anyone else had this happen to them before, and if so, does steeping the juice make a difference? I have watched a few review videos online and saw posts about random juices from them that correlate with my issue, however none of them either tried to steep their juice afterward and just threw them in the garbage, or they said they were going to try steeping them, but never posted anything back.

Currently I have them both in my closet doing the open top/open nipple bottle in a cool dark place method, and also curious if there is a better way, mainly because well.. I spent money on all this juice, and with my RBA, the Shamrock is going FAST, and I am curious if I just have to be patient or if I just threw my money away.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

*Also if anyone is curious or as an added informational tidbit*
Mod: eLeaf Istick 100 Watt
Batteries: Dual Genuine LG HE4 18650's 2500mah, 20 Amp Continuous / 35Amp Max discharge
Tank: Kanger Subtank Mini
Atty: Tried in an off the shelf .5 Ohm coil and also in the RBA running at around .58 ohms.
Wattage: With the off the shelf coil, I ran it at all kinda numbers just to see. But no less than 20 watts, and no more than 35 watts (even though the attys say they can handle up to 60 watts, 50 will burn in my testing). With the RBA, I ran it/currently running it at around 17 to 21 watts and it's currently vaping some Shamrock like a champ.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not a big Fan of Vista. I ordered quite a few samples and they were nothing special. In fact most of the flavors I have used from Vista seem to be Coil killers.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Allowing the bottles to sit with the caps off should let any alcohol in the flavors dissipate - that could be the "cheap cologne" you're smelling. Also steeping can help. If they're using Flavors West concentrate (it's really cheap), the gummy bear actually improves quite a bit with age...

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Jeffro2700

Member For 4 Years
I've tried many of their juices, but not these flavors. I've never gotten any unvapeable flavors from them, but most are just ok for me. I now only order Root Beer and Green Apple from them.

My favorite budget juice is Verde Valley Vapes. Check out my post if you're interested. They're cheaper than Vista too.
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-for-the-best-budget-juice-has-ended.151958/

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to agree, let it breathe for a couple days, then cap it, shake it and put it in a dark, cool place. Sounds to me like this juice might be a hard case. It happens to us all, sometimes you just have to bin it or give it away. Good luck

hexskrew

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you all for the replies!

Well, I want to give an update (since most people with this problem do not).

The Shamrock - I have actually switched back and fourth between that and a nic free sample (Kiwi Watermelon which btw is the best flavor from them I have), and the Shamrock just keeps getting better with time. It was already good, but now it's just getting better.

Dragon Fruit Pomegranate - The nasty taste is gone, and the flavor is kinda muddled but it's getting better. If I had more of it I would steep it for a week and it would probably be great, the only thing is the dragon fruit flavor (I think) has this weird melon tasting flavor to it.. Maybe it's just not my jam.

The 102ML bottle of Gummy Bears - Well, it's smelling a hell of a lot better, but I can tell it's going to be at least another week before I am even going to think about taking a vape of it. I might fill a 10ml bottle to steep for a few days just so I can try it. Starting to smell great!

But it's still kinda hard to say if the deal was worth it. I'll know at least once my Gummy Bears have some steep time. I don'd mind putting the work in for it, I just wish I would have realized it before I bought so much of the gummy bears. Mind you that's my fault, but I will say that these flavors seem pretty one note which aren't bad notes for the most part.

I'll update it again later! Thanks again guys!

*PS
Jeffro2700 - Thanks for the heads up on Verde Valley Vapes! I'm going to get some of that asap!*

**ALSO**

Wanted to give you guys a heads up and anyone who might stumble into this thread. I received word back from Vista Vapors, and here's what they said:

"Hey Hexskrew,

So many of the extracts are dissolved with Ethyl Alcohol and the steeping process of shaking the bottles and then removing the cap and giving the bottle a gentle squeeze to refresh the air will help evaporate that ethyl Alcohol. That should help that bad taste go away. If after steeping for at least a week this doesn't go away let us know.

Thank you,

Dustin"

I will have to say regardless of vape quality, their customer service is top notch in my opinion.

Last edited:

KnowOne

Member For 4 Years
So I took the plunge and ordered hella juice from vistavapors.com.....

dude, like everyone said here. steep, steep, steep!

i kinda had the same experience you did...as in i tried vista juice & they were great. i then bought a ton & they sucked. i was bummed, but at that time i really didnt know how important steeping was. i tasted/smelled the same things as you did. then miffed, i stuck the bottles in my 'i dont know' juice box & completely forgot about it.

3-4 months later i was digging around for something in my desk & was checking out my box of juices that i had a question mark on. i had just cleaned my tank, replaced the o-rings & had made a beautiful new coil. i picked out vista's shamrock shake & filled the tank & it was a completely different story! it was fantastic!

vista is really the only company ive bought from that specifically warns you that they make their juice to order. in other words, they mix it right when they are sending it to you! its either on their site or in the paperwork i got with the package. no other company gives quite the direct warning that if you dont steep, youre not going to like it!

it sucks, you have to buy vista so far in advance, but now that you have a shitload, just stick it away for now. find a couple of other companies that pre-steep, pay an assload for them & one day your vista juice will bloom!

shamrock shake is the shit, good choice!

hexskrew

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude! So today was round 3 for the Gummy Bears, and it's amazing now! Round 2 was a 15ml bottle I squeezed out about 4 days ago and meh bleh it was still aweful but today it's a champ.

So yeah! Steep that crap for at least a week. I'll know better next time but I feel SOOOOOO much better knowing I didn't just buy 136ml of crap juice. Will definitely buy again.

The Shamrock shake actually got better over time as well, but I dunno... Guess it's just not my jam. It's great for a little while but felt so heavy on my lungs for some odd reason after a while. Oh well, I like it but just not as a daily vape.

The only one that I didn't really care for as of now was the Dragon Fruit Pomegranite.. I dunno.. There's some odd off the wall melon flavor in it that I just can't get over. I could see how others would like it, but melon is a flavor I just don't care for in eJuice, but yeah the gummys are where it's at.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go vape this gummy bear till I'm tired of it :p

At least this finally clears it up, and I really hope others find this thread before pitching perfectly good juice! Heck for that matter I hope some of the youtubers find it before selling the reviews off as a crap juice company, and some like AthiestVapist already has as shown here:

Though at least there's folks like Tia who knows her stuff and gives them a good review, but I don't think she says anything about steeping it:

And yes, actually after a while, I finally pulled out the pamplets and what not that came in the package and you were correct KnowOne about them specifically stating that you should steep the juice. Now they don't actually say it's very important that you do, but it was a pretty darned strong hint to. I can't blame them on that as I am sure some people would be turned off automatically if they just said to straight up don't try it until you steep, but heck yeah man. I'm gonna rock this out!

Last edited:

VistaVapors

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Glad it all worked out for you. Steeping is the toughest part... just takes patience and then you get to have some great flavors! A lot of our flavors are pretty good right away too though ; ) VAPE ON!

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had decent luck with Vista's flavors. Everything but the clove and the cinnamon roll I've had to steep for at least a week to even begin to get rid of the perfume-y alcohol-y taste/scent.

In my opinion they're overly flavored. I typically cringe and bear the 10mls or so (of their 32+ ml bottles) and then start diluting the remainder with VG.

For example, I've diluted their caramel coffee, orange bar, and berry crazy (after steeping 3 weeks) with between 20-30mls of VG.

I'll know next time to save the 52ml bottles, fill the empty bottle halfway with the new juice and then top them both off with VG before steeping.

I'll make double my order for next to nothing, get the more subtle flavor I'm looking for, and less nicotine (about 1.5).

I can't speak as highly about Vista's customer service though. I'll never buy any hardware from them again for this reason. I'll continue buying juice from them until they screw that up too.

The best (vape) customer service I've gotten so far has been from Mt. Baker, but their juices have all had a wonky off taste coupled with all having some strange kind of nutty flavor.

Chinese vendors have always given me the bait and switch with having items "in stock" then suddenly not having them. Also my last order from VaporDNA was shorted $4 on shipping that I had to pay to the mailman to even get the package.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know, I'm glad some of you have found something you like there. I tried their stuff about 4 months ago and even after a long steep a lot of their stuff is unvapable. I put them right up there with Roxwell. I found Vista to be way to perfumy. I just think with all the juice companies out there you could do a lot better.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know, I'm glad some of you have found something you like there. I tried their stuff about 4 months ago and even after a long steep a lot of their stuff is unvapable. I put them right up there with Roxwell. I found Vista to be way to perfumy. I just think with all the juice companies out there you could do a lot better.
That's why I "water" (VG) mine down. I think they use too much flavoring, and don't even think about getting a flavor boost. That is of course unless you like the taste of dish soap.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also found their Dragon Fruit Pomegranate to be a little perfumy but I still use it occasionally to flavor Icy Menthol. Their minty or menthol flavors are absolutely fantastic, but most of their other flavors are nothing special. I still like a lot of their fruit flavors but I only use them to add variety to their menthols. If you aren't a menthol vaper there are much better low cost ejuice vendors out there.

The Vaping Watch Tmaxx line is crazy cheap. Their doughnut and yogurt flavors are especially good and at $6 for 30ml it can't be beat. They don't use any cheap flavorings, although some of their bakery flavors are a bit light on flavor. The bakeries are meant to be all day vapes that don't overpower your taste buds. The fruity flavors are banging with lots of flavor.

That said, I've vaped more Icy Menthol from Vista Vapors than any other flavor from anywhere. I've gone through more than 1500ml of the stuff, but just like guyakaguy, I always dilute their juice. That said, if it wasn't for their killer menthol flavors I probably wouldn't order from them. You can get much better fruit and desert flavors for around the same price at other vendors.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also found their Dragon Fruit Pomegranate to be a little perfumy but I still use it occasionally to flavor Icy Menthol. Their minty or menthol flavors are absolutely fantastic, but most of their other flavors are nothing special. I still like a lot of their fruit flavors but I only use them to add variety to their menthols. If you aren't a menthol vaper there are much better low cost ejuice vendors out there.

The Vaping Watch Tmaxx line is crazy cheap. Their doughnut and yogurt flavors are especially good and at $6 for 30ml it can't be beat. They don't use any cheap flavorings, although some of their bakery flavors are a bit light on flavor. The bakeries are meant to be all day vapes that don't overpower your taste buds. The fruity flavors are banging with lots of flavor.

That said, I've vaped more Icy Menthol from Vista Vapors than any other flavor from anywhere. I've gone through more than 1500ml of the stuff, but just like guyakaguy, I always dilute their juice. That said, if it wasn't for their killer menthol flavors I probably wouldn't order from them. You can get much better fruit and desert flavors for around the same price at other vendors.
I got a bottle of Vista's New Menthol that I have been diluting for almost 4 months. I only use a dropper or two at a time to add menthol to other juices.

Is your menthol super crystal-y too? When I first got mine I couldn't even get it out of the bottle.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a bottle of Vista's New Menthol that I have been diluting for almost 4 months. I only use a dropper or two at a time to add menthol to other juices.

Is your menthol super crystal-y too? When I first got mine I couldn't even get it out of the bottle.

Never seen that. I've ordered about 22 bottles of menthol/mint flavors from VV and never saw any crystals in any bottles.

I usually take a 12mg 102ml bottle and dilute it into three 102ml bottles with PG/VG to get it to 4mg nic. I once diluted a 10% flavor boosted 12mg bottle of Icy Menthol between 4 102ml bottles to get 3mg and it was still plenty flavorful. Their menthol flavors are crazy powerful but I never had any undissolved crystals in the juice.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never seen that. I've ordered about 22 bottles of menthol/mint flavors from VV and never saw any crystals in any bottles.

I usually take a 12mg 102ml bottle and dilute it into three 102ml bottles with PG/VG to get it to 4mg nic. I once diluted a 10% flavor boosted 12mg bottle of Icy Menthol between 4 102ml bottles to get 3mg and it was still plenty flavorful. Their menthol flavors are crazy powerful but I never had any undissolved crystals in the juice.
Mine was pretty crystal-y when I first got it, but now when I let it sit for a few hours it's like rock candy floating on top of it.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine was pretty crystal-y when I first got it, but now when I let it sit for a few hours it's like rock candy floating on top of it.

That is absolutely disgusting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is absolutely disgusting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
I'm not a diy'er, but I looked at a few recipes and I've read that mixing menthol crystals in VG makes a crystal-y/gel-y rocky goop. I did order max VG.

Still, it shouldn't be so clogged that it won't come out of the bottle. They should know that their product does this and recommend PG for menthol if this is the case. Correct me if I'm wrong.

VistaVapors

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I'm not a diy'er, but I looked at a few recipes and I've read that mixing menthol crystals in VG makes a crystal-y/gel-y rocky goop. I did order max VG.

Still, it shouldn't be so clogged that it won't come out of the bottle. They should know that their product does this and recommend PG for menthol if this is the case. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is a common issue with any menthols that get cold. All you really need to do is warm it back up and you will be good to go! Other companies will have the same effect as well but again they just need to be warmed back up a little bit to get back to the beginning consistency. Sorry it took so long to respond to this... VAPE ON!

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a common issue with any menthols that get cold. All you really need to do is warm it back up and you will be good to go! Other companies will have the same effect as well but again they just need to be warmed back up a little bit to get back to the beginning consistency. Sorry it took so long to respond to this... VAPE ON!
Nice to see Vista Vapors answering questions on the forums. Gotta say, I've ordered 16 102ml bottles of menthol ejuice from VV along with loads of other smaller bottles of menthol VV juice and never saw any crystals. Maybe it's because I live in Louisiana and it doesn't get very cold too often here. I also dilute the menthol eliquid by taking one 102ml bottle of 12mg and turning it into three bottles of 4mg juice.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. I would leave my vape bag in the in the car on the days I went to the office all winter long and never had a problem.

VistaVapors

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Interesting. I would leave my vape bag in the in the car on the days I went to the office all winter long and never had a problem.
That I am not sure of, but this is something that is discussed quite extensively and asked as a question by many people about many companies on Reddit. Here's a link: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/1z6y6e/q_how_to_decrystallize_menthol_juice/

The funny part is we actually discontinued a menthol flavor we had because it was doing this in the winter and we didn't know what was going on at the time. Shaking and warming up seems to the trick just fine!

VistaVapors

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Nice to see Vista Vapors answering questions on the forums. Gotta say, I've ordered 16 102ml bottles of menthol ejuice from VV along with loads of other smaller bottles of menthol VV juice and never saw any crystals. Maybe it's because I live in Louisiana and it doesn't get very cold too often here. I also dilute the menthol eliquid by taking one 102ml bottle of 12mg and turning it into three bottles of 4mg juice.
Glad to hear that you are enjoying! Also, we are happy to be a part of the Vaping Underground! Vapor Joe is quite the cool dude!

VU Sponsors