Become a Patron!

Voidhawk 14500

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been testing these batteries for about 3 weeks now. These are 800mAh, protected Li-On, 3.7v rechargeables. A big thanks to Celtic Fog for sending them.

They are a bit longer than the other 14500s that I compared them with - 1.25mm longer than the Vapage 14500 protected Li-on & 3mm longer than the AW IMR.

I've used them in a mini Nemi mech mod & a Vapage V-Mod. I used a 2.0 ohm atty & that was slightly lower than was recommended when using the Steam Engine calculator. However, the Printed Circuit Board (PCB protection fuse) never engaged from the battery being over discharged or stressed. The excess current threshold on these bats is 3A (I was using about 1.85) and the max continuous current on the spec sheet is 1.6A. As a comparison, the AW IMR 14500 has a 4A max continuous discharge rate.

When calculating the run time of the VoidHawks, the run time figures to be 23 minutes - about 280 5 second puffs. That's pretty darn close to what I actually got from them.

These babies have worked hard & have done a decent job. I think the 14500 VoidHawk batteries are good for what they were intended. And, they will be retired where they were made to be.... in my Mini Maglite.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for testing them out @Mommay ! I wanted to get a new battery out here for our users to try out, I hate seeing so many people looking for new batteries with so few on the market. Thank you to Voidhawk for providing us with the testers as well. @SMOKIE posted a video review of the ones I sent him today as well. I've seen what they can do in the flashlights first hand, pretty impressive, now we can see what they do for VW mods too, Smokies lasted two whole days in his VW mods. We got a few other testers out here still to, thank you to all who took the time to share with us! Keep it Foggy!

VU Sponsors