Become a Patron!

**VOLUNTARY RECALL** by JJ Vapes , IPV V2, 50W box mod by Pioneer for You (aka Greenleaf)

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Does anyone know if this has happened with other units? Was it a battery issue or internal box stuff?
Was it a prototype (which some apparently hit the streets). Those units were (supposedly) missing a QA sticker inside, the fire button didn't shut off, and the screws strip easily.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ever think it was possibly a faulty battery? I haven't heard anything from anyone else.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am assuming it was either bad board or as Joe said battery. My Cana caught fire but I do not see many others having Cana issues a
Fluke I hope

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ever think it was possibly a faulty battery? I haven't heard anything from anyone else.

I would bet on the battery. I had a Nokia mobile phone smoke and melt on me when I was charging it, I posted a photo on instagram and the next day got an email from the SVP of Engineering in Finland, they sent a courier to pick it up and gave me a top of the line phone in exchange. It was the battery.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Boards just dont melt, usually its the battery.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am assuming it was either bad board or as Joe said battery. My Cana caught fire but I do not see many others having Cana issues a
Fluke I hope

Yea, I read some of your other posts on that. Did it actually burn internally?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea, I read some of your other posts on that. Did it actually burn internally?
Hey Zamazam I have never really explained in detail what happened for more than one reason I do not want to start some panic
where everyone starts wigging out thinking there clouper, cana, FT clone or whatever clone (because of my incident)of the original is going to do what mine did.. All products have a failure rate MTBF etc and possible flaw so you understand. :)
Its best that I leave it as I have said, but I am more than willing for you to send me a PM (conversation on VU) and I will tell you exactly
what happened and my theory based upon another board member @hobbykid looking into the wiring etc of his mod and me telling him what I saw on mine.. hope that helps just send a conversation click my name and start one .. I have a bit of time ;)

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Zamazam I have never really explained in detail what happened for more than one reason I do not want to start some panic
where everyone starts wigging out thinking there clouper, cana, FT clone or whatever clone (because of my incident)of the original is going to do what mine did.. All products have a failure rate MTBF etc and possible flaw so you understand. :)
Its best that I leave it as I have said, but I am more than willing for you to send me a PM (conversation on VU) and I will tell you exactly
what happened and my theory based upon another board member @hobbykid looking into the wiring etc of his mod and me telling him what I saw on mine.. hope that helps just send a conversation click my name and start one .. I have a bit of time ;)
PM sent

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"In case you're reading here and not the description, please note that JJ Vapes has issued a voluntary recall of the unit after experiencing a failure with smoke coming out of the vent holes." -Phil B.

http://www.jjvapes.com/IPV-V2-VOLUTARY-RECALL_p_757.html

Phil did a good review, the mod seems to have some issues with the fitment of the battery door and the touch sensor, also firing a bit high. I just got a shipping notice, so I'll be able to confirm or refute Phil's review in the future.....

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Boards just dont melt, usually its the battery.
Yes they do Joe my Cana board the chips melted and burned half the wires burned the oled screen and the VTC5 vented.... It happens all the time in the Computer world as well with Servers.. Chips burn up and it smells bad believe me when you see yellow smoke fill a room its not good ;)
Given that happened to me I have never seen another mod with the atypical 15watt range do it..
Or any of my Evolv DNA's as I said I think it was a fluke.

Also remember Joe we only recently started seeing these 30watt mods come out now 50 and 100 coming soon... I have never had it happen with a atypical VV/VW mod just the Cana and the ChDNA chip I am probably the .0001 percentile :)

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have seen nobody mention this except this vendor I think there is more to this than we presently know. And only time will tell

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I received one last week. The door fits perfectly and no issues with screen. The tiny screws are a pain.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
P4Y released a statement on facebook about this vendor recall.
They have had no other complaints that warrant a recall on the 50 watt IPV at this time.
They reminded customers that bought from an authorized vendor that they have a 1 year warranty. If someone has an issue with their mod they WILL replace it.
If you are worried about your warranty you can email them a photo of your serial number (found inside the box mod).

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have had zero issues with the door , screen, screws or anything else , my guess is that certain batteries seem to go better with this mod than others , why ? On this very forum someone told me their VTC5 did not fit right in their iPV and i was concerned , when i put a VTC5 in mine no issues at all , perfect fit and function.

On another note , i have read some people are trying to get the mod to malfunction by subjecting it to extremes that are far outside what one would consider normal usage . Brilliant idea , morons.

derichio02

Member For 4 Years
Looks good
Thanks Dude. Completely worth the money. Been running a .35 ohm build at 45 watts and it hits great. Zero problems. Not as powerful as my Axis but a great alternative and I won't have to baby it as much and the year warranty is a plus.

As far as this "recall", ALL electronic have a failure rate. Everyone just needs to use common sense. I don't believe it will explode it'll just get hot and fry and vent lol. If it happens put the damn thing down. I have authentic mechanicals that are just as finicky. My authentic 4nine just auto fired yesterday. Everyone just be smart and enjoy the vape!

Ahow216

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I picked up the IPV V2 yesterday and put my Magma RDA on it and it's been making huge clouds with no such problem. Maybe it is only a few devices with the defect, but it's still too early to tell for sure with them being brand new. I shall keep you all up to date!

Attachments

• 14 - 1 (1).jpg
    14 - 1 (1).jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 27

ccbflo

Member For 4 Years
Got mine today, fit and finish are perfect and it vapes great!! Screws are a bit tiny tho...

QuikWgn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got one of the very first batch that came in to AtoZ Vapor World, and mine has the battery door issue. The touch sensor has started to fail already, and the fire button seems to be normal but will occasionally keep firing even after the button is released (the screen stays bright during this). I either have to push the fire button multiple times or remove the RDA to get it to stop. I'm glad some people seem to be satisfied but I am beyond disappointed.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had my silver one for a week and have used everything from a .2 to a 2.5Ohm coil on it, fired every time. The fitment of the door is perfect, there was no glue or crud on the mod then I got it. The screen and the touch sensor have a protective film on them that can be removed with a fingernail, same for the back of the unit with the stars and P4Y logo. I paid 79 buck for mine and its worth every penny.

QuikWgn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had mine for almost a month now. It was working great other than the battery door issue up until 3 days ago. So its possible that either the initial run had poor quality control, or you need to wait to see how it holds up over time. For reference I was putting 30ml through it every 2 days @ 50w. At my vape rate it got physically hot to the touch (more than any non-mech I have ever used in 5 years). I emailed A to Z about a replacememt unit, but they have not replied yet. For now it's in the junk drawer and I'm back to my Hana until my Sigelei Raptor 100w and GI2 get here.

I've had my IPV 2 for almost a year now and I've had zero issues with it. It works amazingly and I put it to work. I use it at 50W most of the time too. It's never gotten hot, my battery lasts for a while, and I have no problems with my drippers or my Kanger Sub Tank. I love mine I just wish it was smaller!

VU Sponsors