Become a Patron!

VooPoo Argus P2 & G2 Review By Ben28

VooPoo Argus P2 & G2
Intro.jpg

Intro.jpeg

Today I bring you two POD type devices from the VooPoo brand. These are the Argus P2 and the Argus G2, very similar devices but that have well-distinguished differences, the main one being their shape. Both have the goal of improving their predecessors, but have they achieved it?

Thanks to Freya from VooPoo for making this review possible by sending me the products. You can visit the VooPoo page and see more detailed information about the Argus P2 and the Argus G2.

Argus P2 Features And Specs
Features;
  • 1. Futuristic and mechanical style
  • 2. Built-in 1100mAh battery with 30W max
  • 3. Power/SPT/NOR/ECO mode
  • 4. Equipped with 0.54 inch OLED screen
  • 5. Designed with 5 RGB LED lights
  • 6. Adopts Argus Top Fill Cartridge 0.4Ω/0.7Ω(2ml)
BrandVOOPOO
Product NameArgus P2 Kit
Battery CapacityBuilt-in 1100mAh battery
Power Range≤30 W
Output Voltage3.2-4.2 V
Resistance0.4-3.0 Ω
Power Shift ModeSPT/NOR/ECO
Pod Capacity2ml
FillingTop filling
Fit ForVOOPOO Argus Pod Cartridge
MaterialZinc Alloy+PC
Product Size78*48.5*17.5mm
Packing Size123.8*63.8*44.5mm
ColorMatte Black, Titanium Gray, Ruby Red, Emerald Green, Violet Purple, Neon Blue, Crystal Pink, Pearl White

Argus G2 Features And Specs

Features;

• 1. 0.96 inch color screen
  • 2. Max 30W power output
  • 3. 3ml top-fill cartridge
  • 4. Sensory interaction, smooth control
  • 5. Three power adjustment modes: Smart, Super, and ECO
  • 6. Two RGB LED lights
  • 7. Compatible with Argus Pod Family devices
  • 8. With iCOSM CODE to bring diverse vaping from MTL to RDL
  • 9. Safety protection: 5S Overtime/Short-circuit/Overcharge/Output-current/Low Battery/Over Temperature/Max Power Protection

Packaging ( officially, it will differ from what you buy )
ReLens_IMG_20240325230417.jpg
Both devices come in rectangular boxes, one slightly taller than the other due to the shape of the device itself. In both we are shown a clear image of the product that the box contains and yes, it matches the color, that is, there is individual packaging. At the top left we are shown the brand and model of the product.

The box on the left has a more ``electronic'' decoration combining white with several different colors.

The box on the right has a flat white combined with a red area, which matches the flame that is shown on the device screen.

ReLens_IMG_20240325230429.jpg

In both boxes the decoration of the front area continues. In addition, we are shown the main features of the product, which we will see later if they comply or not.

ReLens_IMG_20240325230440.jpg

On the back we are shown contact addresses, some warnings and a scratch to verify the veracity of the product.

The contents of the Argus P2 box are;
1* Argus P2 Device
1* Argus Top Fill Cartridge 0.4Ω (2mL)
1* Argus Top Fill Cartridge 0.7Ω (2mL)
1*Lanyard
1* Type-C Cable
1*User Manual

The contents of the Argus G2 box are;
1*Argus G2 Device
1* Argus Top Fill Cartridge 0.4Ω (3mL)
1* Argus Top Fill Cartridge 0.7Ω (3mL)
1*Lanyard
1* Type-C Cable
1*User Manual

Very similar in terms of content, what I don't completely know is because one has 3mL cartridges and the other 2mL, in any case, they are mutually compatible.

By the way, this is a sample, so the contents of the box may differ from the final product.

ReLens_IMG_20240325230513.jpg

When we slide the box we find the devices fitted into a custom-made hole on a plastic base. The first notable difference that we perceive is its shape, one is stick-shaped while the other is square-shaped.

In both boxes there is space left to be able to remove the devices.

ReLens_IMG_20240325231659.jpg

Once we sorted the contents of the box we were left with the device itself, a specific lanyard for each one and their respective spare cartridges.

The lanyard of the Argus G2 (Stick) differs somewhat from the P2 (square). The G2 uses a silicone area that, when stretched, fits with the body of the device. On the other hand, the P2 uses a lanyard that we must put through a hole to create a knot. Both of them are very comfortable although personally, I trust the classic knot more.

I must say that the cable and the user manual also come in here, which I recommend reading if this is the first time you are purchasing the product.

Device Inspection

ReLens_IMG_20240325230550.jpg

Let's start on the left, with the Argus P2. We can clearly differentiate its square shape, which also has rounded edges. In this case we have the ``Argus´´ in gold, I must admit that I hate gold, but in combination with black and in this subtle way it looks good. The transparent part will be where we will see the screen, which I will show you later. Just above there is a golden button that does not serve as a fire button, simply to adjust and change the vaping mode of the device.

On the right we have the Argus G2. This one is clearly stick-shaped, with rounded edges. I admit that it is something bigger than I expected. It also has ``Argus'' written on it but this time in silver, combining very well with the black. In the upper central area we find the screen, which is quite large, about 0.96”. At the top we find the cartridge itself.

Last edited:
ReLens_IMG_20240325230601.jpg

Let's continue with the same distribution previously used and start with the Argus P2 (Square). What we find on one of its sides is the air inlet and the hole to insert the lanyard. The air inlet is made up of 3 holes that are equally large. I must say that it filters great and its hardness is perfect, it is not too hard or too soft, so we can handle it perfectly and it will not move by accident.

On the right we continue with the Argus G2 (Stick). In this case the provision differs. We find the USB-C port and the button, which has certain functions that I will comment on right now.

Argus G2 button functions (Stick);

- 5 Clicks, it will turn it on or off. When it is turned on, it will give us the possibility of turning it off, cleaning the puff counter, blocking the button itself or turning the LEDs on/off.
- 3 Clicks, it will enter Watts adjustment mode, rising in 1W increments to a maximum of 30W, then it will restart up to 5W.
- 2 Clicks, it will give us the option to choose between SMART, SUPER and ECO.

Vaping modes of the Argus G2 (Stick);
- ECO, the device will try to save as much battery as possible, thus slightly reducing its performance. (Simple UI)
- SMART, is the most ordinary and normal mode, it will simply perform in a linear way but without squeezing 100% of its potential. (UFO-themed UI)
- POWER, is the most ``aggressive'' mode, the device will give its maximum but with this it will use up the battery faster. (Fire-themed UI)

I must add that in each mode we find a different UI, a detail that I love.

ReLens_IMG_20240325230823.jpg

Linking the topic of button functions, let's talk about the Argus P2 as well. This is your button, which will only serve to adjust and play with the settings.

Button functions;
- 5 Clicks, it will turn the device on or off. When it is on it will give us the option to clear the puff counter, put the POWER or SHIFT mode on or simply turn it off.
- 3 Clicks in SHIFT mode will allow us to change between SPT, NOR or ECO
- 3 Clicks in POWER mode will allow us to adjust the Wattage in 1W increments up to a maximum of 30W, then it will reset to 5W.
- If we hold down the button we can change the LEDs. We will have M1 mode (multicolor LEDs), M2 mode (white LEDs) or we can turn them off completely. These will light up when we press the button or take a puff.

Let's talk about vaping modes;

POWER is the normal vaping mode, where we can adjust the wattage ourselves.
SHIFT is a mode for more beginner users who want to not worry about adjusting the wattage. The device will give us the choice between ECO (lowest wattage mode), NOR (the optimal wattage for the coil), SPT (the maximum that the coil can perform).

ReLens_IMG_20240325230623.jpg

On the other side, we will start on the right, with the Argus P2. In this we simply see the transparent area that faces the PCB exposed.

In the Argus G2 we will find the air inlet, which, like the other device, is made up of three holes. It works the same way, filters beautifully and has the right hardness.

ReLens_IMG_20240325230640.jpg

Here I show you the screen of the Argus P2 in SHIFT mode.

We will find;
- Battery percentage
- Vaping mode (SPT, NOR, ECO)
- Ω indicator
- Puff counter

If we put the POWER mode we will find;
- Battery percentage
- Vaping Wattage
- Ω indicator
- Puff counter

Also in the image you can see the LEDs, they are made up of 5 slots that light up when we take a puff or when we want to select a setting.

ReLens_IMG_20240325230650.jpg

This is the screen of the Argus G2, in all its UIs we will find;
- Battery percentage
- Vaping Wattage
- Ω indicator
- Puff counter
- Padlock that indicates the button lock

On the sides there would be the lights that turn on every time we take a puff or when adjusting something on the device, just like what happens with the other one.

ReLens_IMG_20240325230727.jpg

This is the charging port of the Argus P2 (square). It is located at the bottom of the device and I have to say that it charges quite quickly, the exact time is not specific, but while we do some daily housework it will almost certainly be charged to 100%.

ReLens_IMG_20240325230806.jpg

The POD-Battery connection is made using magnets as is usually the case. With these I hardly notice any looseness, in fact, when trying to take the photo I had to move them quite far from the device itself because it attracted them.

The pods adopt a top-fill filling system and are also compatible with the entire Argus range, making them very versatile.

Vaping Time
In Vaping Time, commenting on the conclusions of one of the two devices will be enough, since their operation is practically the same or very similar.

I'll start talking about the 0.4Ω cartridge (NOT interchangeable coil). I filled it to the top with the top load, which really doesn't seem superior to me as such, but it's fine. The conclusions that I have drawn after using them have been, on the one hand, the large amount of flavor they provide and, on the other hand, the vapor. VooPoo has done a very good job with these cartridges and their new technologies. Furthermore, according to them, the useful life of the coil has increased greatly. I must say that I don't know if the last thing is 100% true, because after approximately four refills, the color of the cotton had blackened quite a bit. By the way, it is announced to last about 90mL of liquid .

The second cartridge I tried was the 0.7Ω one. This is intended for a somewhat lower wattage so the first thing we can expect is less steam. The flavor is practically very similar to the other.

Let's talk about comfort in hand. Both devices are very comfortable in hand but, I must give my opinion, I find the Argus P2 (square) much more comfortable due to its size and shape. It is very portable and more comfortable in hand, at least for me.

As for the battery, its performance is great, it lasted approximately 200 puffs.

Otherwise, I don't have much to say, they are both simply splendid products.

Pros And Cons

Pros
Cons
No Leakeage
Top Filling Is Not Entirely As Such (subjective)
Exceptional Flavour
Pocketable
Very Vesatile
Many Modes To Play Around

Conclusion
Both devices are highly recommended and exceptional, in my opinion you will ask yourself which one would you choose? Honestly, I'll choose the Argus P2 without even thinking twice. I find it more attractive and it is adaptable to 3mL cartridges and in addition, its performance is practically the same or very similar.

VU Sponsors