Become a Patron!

Voopoo Drag 4 - a Drag with a C-frame door.

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

A Drag mod with a C-frame battery door. That’s what everyone wanted, wasn’t it?

Of course, there’s a little more to the Drag 4 than just a new battery door.

argus-drag4.jpg

Product overview

The Drag 4 kit is made up of the Drag 4 – a dual 18650, C-frame, 177w mod and the 25.5mm Uforce L, a 4/5.5ml top airflow, stock coil tank that uses Voopoo’s PnP coils.

What do you get?
  • Drag 4 mod
  • Uforce L tank (fitted with 4ml straight glass)
  • 1×0.2ohm PnP TW20 coil
  • 1×0.15ohm PnP TW15 coil
X055-WED-BANNER(3).jpg

Mod

First impressions

I have the feeling that the wood panel versions are going to be a little divisive. Initially, I wasn’t a huge fan, but the look is growing on me a lot. Either way, there are six versions – three with wood panels and three with resin panels.

Putting it side to side with the Drag 3, shows the new version to be a touch larger, while maintaining the overall design language of the more recent drag models. Logos/branding are kept to a minimum – the days of having ‘Drag’ taking up the entire side of your mod seem to be behind us.

The front of the mod is a little different from the previous Drag 3, due to it having an extra button – except it isn’t a button, it’s a programmable switch that will be covered in more detail later in this review.

However, the most significant change for most people is going to be the battery door. Out with the bottom-hinged door and in with a C-frame battery door. Unlike a lot of C-frame mods, the Drag 4 only exposes the batteries on one side, the other side having a thin panel with battery warnings, etc.

The only real complaint so far is that the supplied 25.5mm tank is the largest you’re going to fit on this mod.

All in all, it’s a solid feeling mod with nice design details and decent ergonomics.

DSC02155.jpg

Functions

In its default settings, five clicks turns the mod on/off and up+down accesses the menu.

From the menu you can choose your mode from smart mode, RBA mode (standard wattage mode), Eco mode and temp control. You can also change the UI color, reset the puff counter and change the function of the aforementioned switch.

The switch can be set to full device lock, wattage lock and power on/off. When it is set to power on/off, five clicks no longer turns the device on/off, but three clicks will lock the device – in other modes three clicks does nothing.

The temp control mode is new – but I’m not a temp control vaper, so I will leave it up to other more qualified people to decide if it’s good or not.

Overall, it’s not the fanciest chipset – but the menu is easy to use and I really like the switch function.

DSC02165.jpg

Tank

There’s nothing revolutionary about the Uforce L tank – it’s pretty much a standard top-airflow stock coil tank. The only issue I have with it is that it uses 810 drip-tips with O-rings, rather than having the O-ring on the tank. This of course rules out 95% of my 810 drip-tip collection.

Please don’t be tempted to find a regular 810 drip-tip that is wide enough to fit securely – it will get stuck and you will put a huge scratch in your drip-tip trying to remove it. I found this out the hard way.

DSC02173.jpg

Performance
  • 0.2ohm TW20 - This coil is rated 40-55w. From 40-45w, the flavor is a little underwhelming, but as soon as you reach 50w the flavor is good – push it to the max recommended 55w and everything steps up a couple of levels with crisp and strong flavor. This is a coil that deserves to be pushed hard and rewards you for doing so. Fully open was a little too airy for this coil, close it down about a third and it’s perfect, the only negative point for this coil is that vapor production is merely average.
  • 0.15ohm TW15 - This coil is rated 55-70w. As with the previous 0.2ohm coil, the TW15 responds very well at the top of its recommended wattage range. It has the same crisp flavor that I found with the previous coil, just with a little more vapor production.
I don’t remember PnP coils being this good, and due to this tank being top-airflow you don’t have to consider the ‘my PnP coil is leaking’ problem that seemed so common in the past.

All in all, while I’m not going to say this is the best stock-coil tank in the world, for a tank with a starter kit, this is a fine choice. No leaks, very wide selection and availability of coils and decent flavor.

DSC02174.jpg

Conclusions

I’m seeing the kit, the mod, and the tank all available for pre-order as separate purchases, so I shall cover all three with my conclusions.
  • Mod - the mod has a slightly retro feel to it, it has some technological updates (improved TC and fast charging) that I am unlikely to use. It doesn’t have the most feature packed chipset, but navigating the UI is really intuitive, the programmable switch is a nice feature and the battery door is excellent. The only thing that would make me think twice is the maximum atomizer size of 25.5mm. Overall, it’s nicely made and nice to use.
  • Tank - if you like PnP coils, then this is the best tank I’ve found to use them in. If you just want a tank with a lot of different coils to choose from, this is a good choice. The only issue I had with the tank was its non-standard drip-tip choice.
  • Kit - as a starter kit, this tank+mod are more than the sum of their parts. The mod being easy to use matches well with the tank being leak-free and performing well.
Disclaimer

The Drag 4 was provided for the purposes of this review by Voopoo.

DSC02179.jpg

VU Sponsors