Become a Patron!

Voopoo Drag H40 - review by Villalobos Ramírez

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hey there folks.

Time for another review,this time i will be sharing my thoughts on the new Drag H40 by Voopoo.
This device is the smallest addition to the Drag family and was sent to me by Voopoo for the purposes of this review.

As my usual MO i will start with some nic and colorful pics which will give you a general idea of the device i will be talking about.

colors.JPG
specs.JPG
safety.JPG
airflow.JPG
drips.JPG
filling.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

As per usual Voopoo does a good job when it comes to presentation.

Contents in the box:

Voopoo Drag H40 kit
5ml PnP Pod 2 Cartridge
1xPnP-VM3 0.45Ω Coil
1xPnP-TW30 Coil 0.3Ω
Type-C Charging Cable
User Manual

All of these items neatly tucked away and begging to be used.

Ok since Voopoo was kind enough in sending me an extra box with another pod (also a MTL drip tip) i loaded up both coils in each pod,filled with e-liquid and let them sit there soaking up the sweet nectar of the gods.

With that out of the way i fiddle around with the pod mod itself.
At only 79 grams it feels lightweight but do no think that means flimsy,pod mod looks well made and strong,Voopoo doesn't cut corners when it comes to the quality of their products.

Personally as person with big hands it does feel a tad small,can't use it with a closed hand...just takes a bit to find the perfect way of holding it.

Menu operation is quite simple:

-Usual 5 clicks to turn on and off the device
-Fire key and + to lock and unlock the pod mod,this will also lock the fire button
-Fire key and - to reset the puff counter

As you can see it's pretty easy,no bells or whistles but sometimes you just don't need more.

Vaping time:

Both pods filled up and ready to be tried out.

I switched between both the 0.30 ohm and 0.45 ohm the whole day just to which one i would prefer,have tried PnP coils before and the 0.30 ohm has always been one of my favorites.

For both coils i ran them a little under the recommended wattage since i prefer cooler vape,fire button was instant and even thou small in size this device packed a punch when it came to my vaping needs.

Airflow wise is where i struggled a bit,would have preferred just the one row of airflow with perhaps 3 holes like they did with the U-Force L tank.
The 2 airflow rows was just a bit overkill when it was time to achieve my sweet spot,not saying it didn't work properly because it did but personally i just wasn't feeling it.

Now time to talk about the refilling issue i had,tried 3 different types of bottles (10ml,60ml and chubby 120ml) and half of the time i would get e-liquid pouring out.
Tried slow filling,tried tilting it an angle,tried it straight down like you see in the picture above and same result,half of the time when i looked closely there was just a small bubble in the filling port and the e-liquid would just slide down on the outside of the pod.

Now i have done my homework and once i wrote this review but before posting it i did check out other reviewers.
I did it this way so their review wouldn't affect mine in anyway,and anyway only 1 other reviewer had this same problem so it leads me to believe i just might have got a bad batch of pods.

Other reviewers that haven't had the problems i had while refiling are reviewers i have watched and followed for a awhile so i respect them and their reviews so truth be told my filling problem i cannot use as a con.

Things like this happen,can't achieve 100% perfect QC all the time so no hard feelings Voopoo,i have tested and reviewed several of your products and i have never been let down,i still love you :)

Now another thing to mention,this device from my point of view is for a niche user,i am saying this because with a max output of 40 watts there are some coils you won't be able to use.
The PnP-VM6 (0.15ohms) 60-80 watts and PnP-VM5 (0.2ohms) 40-60 watts,second one you ''could'' use but it will be lacking and pushing the mod too much if you got it up at 40 watts all the time.

So this is something to keep in mind,some of the PnP coils just won't work with this device.
I mean yes they would ''work'' but you wouldn't be able to achieve the performance that they were designed for since they require a wattage higher that 40 watts.

Pros:

-If you looking for a smallish pod mod but with the quality and performance of the Drag family then this is the one you want
-Well built,good materials and the vibe you get when holding it is the opposite of flimsy
-No leaking,minor condensation after 3 or 4 tanks but nothing major,quick wipe with a paper towel and you ready for more
-Aesthetic wise it looks good,nice rounded shape and 8 different colors to choose from which all look good.
-PnP coils i mean enough said,these coils are among the best in the vaping market
-Even thou small in size but it managed to fit a 1500 mAh Battery and a 5ml capacity pod.

Cons:

-Only con i can come up with and this is just based on my personal taste it has nothing to do with performance would be the airflow.
The 2 airflow rings just make it look way too tall and makes adjusting the airflow a tad more complicated.
Personally i would have preferred just the one ring with 2 or even 3 openings and that would have been enough and on top of that it would have made it look shorter.

Would i recommend this device:

If you're sure you won't be using the PnP-VM6 (0.15ohms) 60-80 watts and PnP-VM5 (0.2ohms) 40-60 watts coils and you looking for a small device that will meet your DTL or MTL vaping needs then this is the device for you,look no further.

Well that is it for today folks.

Thanks to my friends at Voopoo for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

Have a nice day :)

VU Sponsors