Become a Patron!

VOOPOO Vmate Pro Kit - review by Villalobos Ramírez

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hi there folks.

Another day and another review,my friends over at Voopoo sent me a pod like device for review purposes.

The Vmate Pro Kit,might be small it does has enough power to deliver a nice MTL or RDL to meet all your vaping needs so time to get started,shall we?

Following the same MO as all my reviews i open up with some visual aids (No...not pics of Pamela Anderson in the 90's from Baywatch hehe) talking about visual aids to help you get a quick idea of the type of device i will be reviewing.

FEATURES.JPG
colors.JPG
contents.JPG
SPECS.JPG
ba7fed25085a4cc7ccacdc851cfd0e7c.jpg

Unboxing and first impressions:

Right out the bad you gotta like that you're showed the color of your device on the front of the box,no looking for the color on the sides,it's right there so you can see the color you getting.

Remove the plastic wrap and slide the box out the outer sleeve,you will see a box that covers the whole top where you will find:

-Vmate Cartridge V2 3ml 1.2Ω
-Type-C Cable
-User Manual
-Small card that shows features of both the cartridges included in the kit

Ok so once we seen that we move to the pod which already has the 0.7 ohm cartidge in it.

Time to check out the pod,Mint Blue is the color i got,very light device only 47 grams and aesthetic wise it looks pretty good.
Seems pretty well put together,Aluminum Alloy being the material of choice for the pod and when you hold it in your hand it doesn't feel flimsy nor cheap.

For most pods and mods i like doing what i call the ''squeeze test'',i got big and strong hands so i just kinda squeeze it hard for a couple of seconds and see what i hear or not hear or if something bends or gives in.
Not a really strong squeeze but enough to make sure it is strong and well made,yeah in this case its strong enough for daily use.

In this case there is no magnet for the cartridge,gotta do a little bit of pushing and hear a ''click'' and then you can rest assured the cartridge is in its place.
Personally i like more magnet action when it comes to these type of devices,not really a con but i like the satisfaction of getting it close and just letting it go so it slides right into place,just a matter of personal taste.

This little pod has a 0.69'' OLED display and really an OLED screen,looks bright and shows all the info and then some.
Charging port located in the bottom and the charging time for the Built-in 900mAh battery is about 45 to 50 minutes.

Talking about charging...charging cable a bit short Voopoo,not a big con but a longer cable would be better ;)

This pod only has auto draw but you do have a button for all menu navigation:

-5 presses to turn on the pod
-1 press of the button to chance screen
One screen displays Battery level,wattage,volts and the current ohms of the cartridge you using at the moment.
Other screen shows the puff counter,again the battery level and timer from your last puff.
-Keep the button pressed and the wattage will flash,then if you press the buttton again you will be able to choose the wattage of your choice (it does round robin),once you haven't pressed the button for 5 seconds you will stay with the wattage your choose.
-Pressing the button 5 times will get you into the menu where you can find the lock feature,puff counter clear and power off.
-If you choose to lock the device it will lock itself up if you haven't used it in 5 minutes,to unlock it you need to press the button 3 times.
Keep in mind the pod will still lock itself again if you don't use it in a 5 minute period so if you're not interested in this feature just disable it in the menu.

VMATE PRO is equipped with iCOSM Flavor Interpretation CODE, an exclusive flavor interpretation tech put forth by VOOPOO. The ingenious capsule structure achieves efficient leakage prevention, bringing users a clean and refreshing vaping experience. The silver ion antimicrobial material of the cartridge efficiently locks in the original flavor of the vape oil, keeping every drop of e-liquid fresh. Multiple air inlets can effectively balance the airflow, bringing a rich smoke and smooth taste to the user's vaping experience. The unique inner structuring and heating wiring in the cartridge widen the heating area and make heating even, delivering an exquisite flavor. Coils with different resistances restore the e-liquid flavor differently, giving users multiple vaping experiences.

Vaping time:

Ok well time to give it a go,i know what i will be getting since i have tried these coils before but nonetheless lets see how this puppy delivers the goods.

Both cartridges (0.7 ohm and 1.2 ohm) have been sitting in my usual e-liquid (70/30,6mg nic and Shiva aroma) for about
15 minutes.

(These cartridges are also compatible with the VMATE infinity Edition and VMATE E)

Started with the 1.2 ohm,once you put the cartridge in the pod will adjust the wattage depending on which cartridge you using.
For the 1.2 ohm it chose 12 watts so with the airflow open time to give it a puff puff.

With the airflow open you get almost an RDL hit but it doesn't quite get there,airflow fully closed you do get a very good MTL but personally i am not an MTL vaper so didn't enjoy this way that much.
Flavor wise it was on point,nice hit but a bit lacking i need me some more power and more hit so bring on the 0.7 ohm coil.

Now we talking!!

Airflow fully open and at 18 watts (what the pod chose when i put the cartridge in) and yeah that right there hits the spot.
Very nice cloud production for such a small device and the flavor hits you like the hangover you get after a New Years party hehe.

Bumped the wattage up to 22 watts and yeah this little thing even got better,very good hit and an impressive size cloud.

PROS:

-Aesthetically pleasing
-Fast recharge time
-0.7 ohm coil is astounding
-Well made,good quality mats
-OLED display screen gives you all the info you need and it shines bright

CONS:

-Short usb cable,not a big con but would have preffered one a bit longer
-I miss magnets,don't get me wrong the cartridge is well tucked in the pod and it won't fall out.
This is more like my personal opinion,pod operates the same without magnets but i still prefer them magnets ;)

Would i recommend this kit:

Well i gotta be honest,if you want a pod device and that can both deliver an MTL or RDL vape then this is the one for you.
Well priced and you're getting a good pod that you can take anywhere so you're never without vaping,
Menu is easy to use,good OLED screen and the cartridges deliver a flavorful vape,what more can you ask for?

Well that is it for today folks.
Thanks to my friends at Voopoo for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review

VU Sponsors