Become a Patron!

VU is generous...not dumb

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So time and time again I witness users with less than 10 post count making the PIF area their first stop. Just because you see this forum has an area where caring members go out of their way to make another's vaping experience better does not mean they cannot see through the bullshit and true intentions of your sign up. At the very least act like you would like to have a conversation or get to know them personally. I care about this community and this forum so maybe try to integrate and be a part of it before taking advantage of it's giving nature.
broke.jpg

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've seen this problem in other forums too, I've been pifed a few things but I've also pifed my share too, not nearly given out as much as I've received tho, and I do feel like I had my mooch moments, but I've learned and realized the error of my ways. Too many needy people out there.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I hear that. I see it on Youtube comments all the time. I'm immune to the sob stories too, but it sucks it has to be that way because you know some of them are actually true. In the end though, as a heavy smoker and heavy vaper, I would never and have never asked for for cigarettes or gear because I could not afford it. I make due. Smoking/vaping isn't THAT important. It's not food.

hackerjs19

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hear all the time how the vaping community is so giving with their time and knowledge for anyone, and be happy to do it. I was that guy once that needed help, so thank you to all you vapers that go out of your way to help others!!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Newby to vu and to seriously vaping. Being a night owl with an insomnia problem I have searched through and read most of these PIF posts and have to say VU is something new to me. It is nice to see kindness again. Deep believer in Karma. Such a shame you have people out there that puts out a sad story to get something that someone else really could use. Makes it harder for the nice people to believe when a story is real or just a bunch of hot air. Just wanted to say ty to all PIF'ers out there and when I am fortunate enough to become one I will.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty new to VU, but been off of the analogs for the past 3 weeks now. I have read many of the PIF's and feel for some of them. I have a very tight budget living paycheck to paycheck so I do understand some of them. I am about to get into DIY juice and coils and when I get the juice down have intention to do a PIF with it. I have one in mind that is in need. But some of these newbies to these forums that just come and beg for free stuff and gears makes it very hard for those that are truly in need. I was very glad to see this thread to bring this issue out in the open.

Last edited:

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had watched and had many a laughs from some of the stories that were obviously try-hards then I saw some valid ones and some I was able to help PIF to. Next comes along my turn to have to post a PIF request and I honestly did not expect the response I got. Wow is all I can say, the VU community truly is an awesome community and we are generous but we definitely ARE NOT DUMB, that is for certain!
+1000 for the thread!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had watched and had many a laughs from some of the stories that were obviously try-hards then I saw some valid ones and some I was able to help PIF to. Next comes along my turn to have to post a PIF request and I honestly did not expect the response I got. Wow is all I can say, the VU community truly is an awesome community and we are generous but we definitely ARE NOT DUMB, that is for certain!
+1000 for the thread!
The person I was referring to in my post was you. I've seen you all over the forum and seen what you have done here. Give me a bit of time to get my feet wet with DIY and I will be sending some juice your way :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Will you guys please help me out I dont have any juice or mods and really would appreciate it if you send me some gear ;)
My kids are drop outs, Im in a wheelchair and I wear depends. I cannot get my own Esmokes cause I cant afford it with my disabilities. Its hard for me to quit because my kids all smoke their exaggerates around me. Please send me anything you can afford to give up!!

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The PIF forum was one of my first stops when I first joined too...cept I was trying to give shit away instead of take it lol.

Really, I have a lot of juice on hand that Ill probably never vape. Weather its stuff that doesnt fit my profile, isnt in my nic level, or is just stuff that I dont like. Ive thought a lot about PIFing it out to people here, but I dont want it to go to some jerk kid just looking for free juice to feed his habit so he can spend his money on other shit. I want it to go to people who are maybe not that well off or who are going through a hard time in life and maybe just need a little help, because believe you me, I was there and worse not that long ago. I know what its like to have a nicotine habit and a negative bank account and no income and trying to make ends meet. I know what its like to see a half a cigarette in an ashtray or on the ground and feel like you hit the lottery lol.

Perfect example of a prick is I read a thread on there a guy posted saying how totally down and out he was and had zero money for liquid and was totally desperate. So I told him Ive got some juice Ill gladly send him to help him out, and he said he only wants good quality cereal flavors in only a certain nic level or he wont take it. Guess you really werent that desperate then, yeah? Thats the guy Im trying to avoid sending shit to.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will you guys please help me out I dont have any juice or mods and really would appreciate it if you send me some gear ;)
My kids are drop outs, Im in a wheelchair and I wear depends. I cannot get my own Esmokes cause I cant afford it with my disabilities. Its hard for me to quit because my kids all smoke their exaggerates around me. Please send me anything you can afford to give up!!
Presently I have been kidnapped and sold into sex slavery in Colombia where I live in a cage with no clothes little food, but I do have a banging ass collection of vape gear...if you could send me some underwear,a lock pick and a pair of Jordans...I can hook you up with a great rig.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree. Gets so hard to help people sometimes when you can never know if they are truly in need or just scamming for free stuff. A truly sad existence.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I hear that. I see it on Youtube comments all the time. I'm immune to the sob stories too, but it sucks it has to be that way because you know some of them are actually true. In the end though, as a heavy smoker and heavy vaper, I would never and have never asked for for cigarettes or gear because I could not afford it. I make due. Smoking/vaping isn't THAT important. It's not food.

The ones I really don't understand are the "I can't afford to vape, guess I'll have to go back to smoking." Uhhh... what??? Cigarettes were $5.69/pk here in July 2014, and I bet they're over $6/pk now... and they're dirt cheap in GA compared to a lot of other places -- and for me, a pk was gone in a single day -- that was nearly $40 a week. I've bought a couple mods that were $40, and they sure lasted longer than a week! I've bought a few that didn't even cost that much... which also lasted a lot longer than a week. It's true that juice costs money too, but it can be found very cheaply, or it can be made even more cheaply. Can't afford coils? I couldn't justify that continuing expense, so I got some RDAs and learned to build my own -- it's not rocket surgery. I paid about $12 for a huge pkg of japanese organic cotton, which may well last the rest of my life!

If you can't afford to vape... you can afford far, far less to smoke.

Andria

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself. I went through at LEAST a pack a day when I was on the stinkies. Got REALLY expensive compared to vaping and I don't like an ashtray now either or wake up with that smoker's couph. I don't miss smoking at all and have no intentions of going back.

BgrmVapr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad I was able to immediately out myself as an asshole newb....how long does it take to wash the stink off?

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do however sincerely want to remove the stigma of being the new guy who made this mistake.
There is no stigma my friend...lol The OP was referring to a string of people a long time ago with with out of this world stories. Everyone needs help whether yo have 10 or 10000 posts, and I guarantee any number of people on here will be there to help.

BgrmVapr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thankfully I don't need the help, but someone was offering up juice so I figured if it was still up for grabs I could offer out to the military kids where I'm at.

I'm glad I'm not dragging that around with me though

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for what you do @BgrmVapr. I work at the AFB where I live and the are a bunch of really good airmen here in our vaping community. I talk to many of them almost daily and have gotten a dew to start vaping as well.

We have a really good b&M here and they have taken good care of the ones that I send there. One day I hope to get my hand on some setups to PIF out to some of them that want to get off of the stinkies. But that is for another day. For now I have been content just being a guiding force for them and the B&M here is run by a couple of good guys so I have no guffs sending guys there to help them out.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

BgrmVapr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for what you do @BgrmVapr.
I just do my job, these folks are seriously awesome and I love that this is my job.

I work at the AFB where I live and the are a bunch of really good airmen here in our vaping community. I talk to many of them almost daily and have gotten a dew to start vaping as well.
If they're headed to Bagram send them my way and I will make sure they get anything they need.

We have a really good b&M here and they have taken good care of the ones that I send there. One day I hope to get my hand on some setups to PIF out to some of them that want to get off of the stinkies. But that is for another day. For now I have been content just being a guiding force for them and the B&M here is run by a couple of good guys so I have no guffs sending guys there to help them out.
If this ever works out, let me know if I can help, I will send pics back of the hands they wind up in.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will definitely let you know. These are mostly young guys as Sheppard is a training base. Awesome place.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
giggling-smiley_zps2oxi1xcc.gif

MySaladDays

Member For 4 Years
I don't begrudge the "sob stories" as I've been on other forums and PIFs etc are posted with these "strings attached" , like you MUST BE IN NEED.......so of course people feel they need to post their sob story.

I'd be happy to just see somebody say "I need this" and take them at their word.

Besides, giving is about not having an expectation. you give it, then it isn't yours anymore, but it doesn't take away from your generosity if it goes to somebody you didn't want it to go to.

Giving shouldn't be about judging, should it? I don't believe it should

Offer it or don't offer it.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't begrudge the "sob stories" as I've been on other forums and PIFs etc are posted with these "strings attached" , like you MUST BE IN NEED.......so of course people feel they need to post their sob story.

I'd be happy to just see somebody say "I need this" and take them at their word.

Besides, giving is about not having an expectation. you give it, then it isn't yours anymore, but it doesn't take away from your generosity if it goes to somebody you didn't want it to go to.

Giving shouldn't be about judging, should it? I don't believe it should

Offer it or don't offer it.
I can understand the reluctance from members, a stranger who's first couple of posts on a forum are asking for a hand-out, and I can understand members that are asked to give a handout wanting to know more about the asker. The world is sadly not the same nor as honest as times past. The only expectation here IMO is honesty & accountability.

Last edited:

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see both sides. But to me pay it forward is just an act of kindness expecting nothing in return. I can see not wanting to give to brand new members, and I can see why people think they have to put a sob story to be taken seriously.

I've had people in line in front of me pay for my coffee, or put money towards my order. One particularly stressful freak out in a restaurant when I was toting two crying babies someone paid our whole check and tip so we could leave. And I appreciated every time it happened. And when I can I do the same for people, whether they're driving a Lexus or a beat up clunker. Whether they look like they need it or not. Because it feels good and because it may put a smile on their face when they're dealing with something awful or even just a bad day. You never know who is fighting what battle.

Just my 2cents

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Public begging really, really turns me off. And I'm someone who spent the vast majority of their life either very poor or barely above water. I doubt I would ever just send vape stuff to someone posting/begging on the internet.

I've helped a number of online friends when I found out they were in a tough spot - but they never once were they begging. You just find out through regular conversation they are in a bind.

I have another hobby and am a member of of forum where folks actually hold online auctions for members who fall on hard times. But we've all known each other for years and have actually met up in person in some cases.

With that said, when I PIF, I only put up things that I really don't mind who takes it - like @BgrmVapr. Here is something, if someone can use it take it. I can't worry about it only going to the needy.

Oh, and I'm super new here and am posting about PIF, hahaha.

BgrmVapr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL....I was new and posted about a PIF giveaway, at least you were posting about PIF'ing in general

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gave a big box of juice away to someone who was really in need, it was over a pound of juice lol. But instead of just reading all the boohoo stories and begging threads I asked people who they thought needed it most and gave it to the person who came up most. Still have a lot of juice and couple RDAs to give away, but really in no rush so it can wait til I come across someone who really needs it.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I gave a big box of juice away to someone who was really in need, it was over a pound of juice lol. But instead of just reading all the boohoo stories and begging threads I asked people who they thought needed it most and gave it to the person who came up most. Still have a lot of juice and couple RDAs to give away, but really in no rush so it can wait til I come across someone who really needs it.

I have a few things like that and am sorta on the same track. If it was easier for me to mail stuff from where I live, I'd have probably already posted the stuff as a no-strings-attached giveaway.

IME, it's the people most in need who are the least likely to ask for help, especially from strangers.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a question... what is the absolute longest that ejuice can conceivably stay good? Because I got some from Killer Juice back in 2014, THEN I found out they're 50/50 PG/VG, which is way too much VG for me, so I never vaped them, they've just been sitting in my cabinet going to waste. I'm kinda afraid to offer them, they're so old now.

Andria

PS - Skullz, I feel the same about public begging. I see these people out around the different stores with signs telling their sob stories... 5 yrs ago, we were almost in that bad a shape, but we weren't out begging in public. Then again, we weren't born in a 3rd world country, so maybe it's different.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have a question... what is the absolute longest that ejuice can conceivably stay good? Because I got some from Killer Juice back in 2014, THEN I found out they're 50/50 PG/VG, which is way too much VG for me, so I never vaped them, they've just been sitting in my cabinet going to waste. I'm kinda afraid to offer them, they're so old now.

Andria

PS - Skullz, I feel the same about public begging. I see these people out around the different stores with signs telling their sob stories... 5 yrs ago, we were almost in that bad a shape, but we weren't out begging in public. Then again, we weren't born in a 3rd world country, so maybe it's different.

I'd like to know that too. I have juice that old, maybe older, that I HATE, but have been reluctant to pour down the sink, in case someone else was desperate enough to vape it, hopefully not me, lol.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've heard different views of juice dates. Some say 2yrs if stored in glass, 1 year in plastic, while others say if it tastes good, vape it, that only the nic will lose it's potency.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Actually, I came here to see if there is a thread to PIF, where it's just a running thread. The OP posts something to give away, but whoever takes it has to post something to PIF. It seems to work as long as no cheapskate takes a working mod and offers a used clearo as their PIF. There are no "who needs it" strings attached.

However, I've been so busy reading other stuff I haven't taken the time to keep looking, lol.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm... I guess I probably oughta just toss those KJ juices then, they're in plastic. I do have some Pipe Sauce juices in glass bottles; they're like 95% VG, so a huge no-no for me, tasty as they are. Got Oak Barrel Cider, and Long Bottom Leaf... both 12mg I think. Anyone who likes extremely high VG who'd like to give 'em a whirl, PM me.

Andria

Nah, correction, they're not glass bottles, they're dark colored plastic. so maybe not any good anymore.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Actually, I came here to see if there is a thread to PIF, where it's just a running thread. The OP posts something to give away, but whoever takes it has to post something to PIF. It seems to work as long as no cheapskate takes a working mod and offers a used clearo as their PIF. There are no "who needs it" strings attached.

However, I've been so busy reading other stuff I haven't taken the time to keep looking, lol.
This particular area is for anything PIF. If someone has gear or juice to offer up, they're welcome to start a thread. There are also threads here dedicated to boxes that get passed around. One person starts a thread and maintains a list of people signing up. It's really more of a swap, but they've generally always been called a "PIF Box". They've been wildly successful for the most part.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm... I guess I probably oughta just toss those KJ juices then, they're in plastic. I do have some Pipe Sauce juices in glass bottles; they're like 95% VG, so a huge no-no for me, tasty as they are. Got Oak Barrel Cider, and Long Bottom Leaf... both 12mg I think. Anyone who likes extremely high VG who'd like to give 'em a whirl, PM me.

Andria

Nah, correction, they're not glass bottles, they're dark colored plastic. so maybe not any good anymore.
Throw them out

VU Sponsors