Become a Patron!

VZONE - CULTURA 100W BOX MOD

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the second device sent to me for the purpose of reviewing by Yolanda from Vzone, the Cultura 100W Box Mod.

http://www.vzonecigs.com/battery/30.html
http://www.vzonecigs.com/

In the Box

Contents:

VZone Cultura Mod
USB Cable
User Manual
Battery Safety Card
Quality Certification Card
18650 Adaptor

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Cultura 100W Box Mod comes in nice packaging with a pull out draw. The device is quite tall allowing for the accommodation of a single 20700 (with supplied adaptor you can use a 18650 battery) but is very narrow making it pocket friendly. The Cultura is slimmer at the front and curves slightly outwards towards the battery area at the rear, this curve shape along with a grip plate on the spine makes the device feel great in the hand. The front of the device has a round fire button at the top and left and right buttons, followed by the USB port at the bottom, the 0.91" OLED screen is housed centrally. The chassis is the colour of choice, i received the Gun Metal but it's also available in, 7-Colour, Camo and Stainless Steel. Each colour has a unique design, the Camo has a camouflage design, the Stainless Steel a mirrored blue finish, the 7-Colour has a very colourful design and the Gun Metal a sinister looking bearded monkey man. The artwork is added using an injection coating process giving high quality graphics and fine texture. The finish on both the artwork and chassis is excellent and seems very durable, in fact the whole device is high build quality and solid with no rattles whatsoever. The bottom of the device houses the battery hatch, there is also branding, safety stamps and generous venting, moving to the top of the device we have towards the wider rear a 510 plate with a spring loaded, gold plated 510.

Specs:

Size: 89x38x30
0.91in OLED screen
Powered by single 18650 / 20700 battery (not included)
TC range: 200 – 600 °F / 100 – 300 °C
Wattage range: 7 – 100W
Thread: 510
Resistance: 0.1 – 3.0ohm (KA Mode), 0.05-1.0 ohm (TC/TCR)
Output Mode: KA / TC (SS316, Ni200, Ti) / TCR
Maximum output voltage: 8.5V
Maximum output current: 32A
Taste mode: Norm, Soft, Hard, User
Memory Mode: M1, M2, M3
USB 5V/1A
Colours: Gun Metal, 7-Colour, Camo, Stainless Steel.

Using the Cultura

The battery hatch opens out to the side rather than in the usual manner and a 20700 battery or 18650 with supplied adaptor can be fitted, the orientation is clearly marked. The device is the normal 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off and once on the screen is bright with all information clearly visible. Pressing the fire and right buttons together locks the left and right buttons but the device will still fire. The Cultura has a 20 second screen timeout so after 20 seconds of inactivity the device goes into standby but if you go to vape from standby the device activates and fires in an instant and you won't notice any delay. The Cultura has the same HW board as the Graffiti and screen layout is exactly the same. Like the Graffiti it also has a tinted screen which gives it a classy appearance but unlike some tinted screens it is nice and bright. All the information you need is on the screen, top left we have the resistance, underneath this we have voltage (this changes to wattage in temp control), under this we have the preheat, and back to the top of the screen to the right of what's already been described is the wattage (this changes to temperature when using a temp control wire). Top right of the screen is the mode, and underneath this is your memory if it just displays M it means no memory slot has been selected but it can be changed to M1, M2 or M3, finally underneath the memory we have the battery status indicator. The user interface on the Cultura like the Graffiti is really good, it has everything you need on a device yet no fancy menu system to enter simply move around the screen and make your changes. 3 clicks of the fire button highlights the resistance, from here simply use the left and right buttons to highlight different things, when you reach what you want to alter press the fire button then alter or scroll through the options it gives you before pressing fire again to set. Resistance you can lock or unlock, Preheat gives you the choice of, norm, hard, soft or user, if you pick user it brings up your 10 second curve that can be set (if curve is set, while vaping the curve graph is displayed). When choosing the mode it comes up with the choice of, KA, NI, TI, SS and TCR, KA is for Kanthal but forget that it just means you will be in wattage mode and your coil doesn't need to be Kanthal at all. Choosing one of your TC wires will obviously change the wattage display to temperature but now where it did display the volts displays wattage that can be altered for temp control. Finally we can highlight and select M to select or alter and then select one of your 3 memory slots. The device like i said has all the features yet altering or choosing anything can be done so quickly, I said the user interface on the Graffiti gets top marks so the same apply's with the Cultura.

Performance

The Performance matches the build quality and superb user friendly interface, firing without any noticeable delay and the wattage seemed very accurate. Those that have read my reviews in the past will know i love using the curves feature with any device that includes it and the curves work particularly well with the Cultura just like the Graffiti allowing to fine tune the vape i wanted. I tried the device with various tanks including the Berserker Mini at just 12W and the device was silent. I used the Cultura with a 18650 and like the Graffiti the device seemed very efficient giving me good battery life for a single 18650. The Cultura accommodates up to a 26mm tank before the device tapers slightly but will house up to 30mm without overhanging the device. Finally the HW board has all the protections you would expect, supports 1A charging and is fully firmware upgradable.

Conclusion

The Cultura 100W Box Mod is a very good pocket friendly device. The build quality, aesthetics, user friendly interface and most importantly the performance are all first class in my opinion. Apart from the obvious that the device will not suit high wattage users i can't find anything negative.

Pros

Great Build Quality
Very Good Aesthetics
Great Ergonomics
Good Performance
User Friendly Interface
Curves
Temp Control
Fires Instantly
Good battery life (for single battery)
Firmware Upgradable

Cons

Not suitable for high wattage users.

I would once again like to thank Yolanda from Vzone for supplying the Cultura 100W Box Mod for the purpose of this review.

http://www.vzonecigs.com/battery/30.html
http://www.vzonecigs.com/

VU Sponsors