Become a Patron!

Wait, was that the 'deep end' back there? Yes, I think it was! Wheeee!

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello, VU. Long time lurker, new member. I've been DIY'ing for a month or so and have a few recipes that I like so far. I've been reading a lot and building a wishlist of flavors ever since I started DIY. With an impending tax refund on the way, I placed 4 orders tonight to get everything on the list (ordered from MamaJ's, RTS, WL, and ECX). Here's what will be on the way. I have several recipes on the list to make once these come in. Super stoked!

---Before we proceed, I'd like to post that MamaJ's sent me an order acknowledgment and a status update to "awaiting fulfillment" right after I ordered. FORTY-EIGHT MINUTES LATER I got an email saying that my order was awaiting shipment. I would hug you two right now if I could.

---And back to our regularly scheduled programming.

FlavourArt
Almond
Bilberry
Brandy
Caramel
Cardamom
Catalan Cream
Cherry
Chocolate
Cocoa
Coconut
Fuji Apple
Hazelnut
Lemon Sicily
Marzipan
Oak Wood
Strawberry (red touch)
Tiramisu
Vanilla Classic
Vienna Cream
Watermelon (red summer)
Whiskey
White Peach

Hangsen
No. 5
Desert Ship

TFA
Acetyl Pyrazine
Bavarian Cream
Brown Sugar Extra
Cotton Candy
Sweetener

RTS
1 GALLON of VG!!!!!!! On sale for $25 :) Not sure how I'm even going to deal with a gallon of VG but you can bet I'll figure it out!
50pk 5ml bottles
50pk 15ml bottles

For posterity, these are the flavors I already have. Getting to be a lot of options. :-D

FA Cookie
FA Grape Concord
FA Peppermint
FA Fresh Cream
FA Vanilla Bourbon

TFA Peanut Butter
TFA Grape Juice
TFA Lemon
TFA Strawberries and Cream
TFA Coconut Extra
TFA Smooth
TFA Sweet Cream
TFA Strawberry Ripe
TFA Vanilla Swirl
TFA Juicy Peach
TFA Dragonfruit
TFA Champagne
TFA Cheesecake (Graham Cracker)
TFA Toasted Marshmallow
TFA Chocolate
TFA Pear
TFA Watermelon
TFA Koolada

HS Red Delicious Apple
HS Grape

CAP Peanut Butter
CAP Vanilla Custard V2
CAP Grape

If anyone has any recipe recommendations I'm all ears! I've been reading HIC's recipes pretty steadily for a week or two and I'm very excited to try some of them. :bow:

I'm a little scared of the FA fruit flavors as I only have one ATM (Concord Grape). It was on my very first DIY order. I hate it. Grape is my favorite flavor, FA's reputation is top notch so it was a no brainer but I have yet to make a juice containing the CG that doesn't taste floral to me. Tried it @ 2% and it was still all perfume, no grape. HIC was spot on using it in his Catherine the Grape clone as CTG is painfully floral as well. Can you tell I have PTSD as a grape lover that fell in love with VCV, then bought Catherine the Grape?

Anyway, here's to many new awesome recipes. Cheers. Just had to share the excitement of having several pounds worth of DIY supplies en route. :cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:D:D

PS - Did I mention that I'm excited? :eek:

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU. Yes it looks like you jumped in head first, into the deep end.Enjoy

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ho-lee-crap! Nice order.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with FA fruits. I don't have the concord, but have heard that about it. @chickenmonkey tamed hers with apple and pear and... ugh. I wish I could remember, but maybe she'll pop in :)

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ho-lee-crap! Nice order.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with FA fruits. I don't have the concord, but have heard that about it. @chickenmonkey tamed hers with apple and pear and... ugh. I wish I could remember, but maybe she'll pop in :)

Thanks. Ho-lee-crap is what I (and my bank account) said as well. So far I've always been one flavor short of a recipe, not counting the additives (which I had none of). I'm really going to enjoy being able to make several new recipes and see what FA is really about. I like the FA flavors I have except Concord Grape. The next thing I try will be .25 or .5% stand alone. I've realized that my taste buds are a little weird when it comes to certain flavors. I'm trying a recipe with TFA Coconut in it. I knew it was crazy strong so I cut it back from the recommended 1.5% to 0.005% (10% of the mix but using a 5% dilution) and it's still very present in the mix (to me).

Hmm, I might try mixing the CG with other fruits to tone it down. Maybe mixing it at 1% with the Hangsen Red Delicious Apple (which has no flavor) @ ~7% might make something useable.

I have been enjoying the TFA Pear, somehow I missed getting the FA Pear. Less than 24 hours after dropping $200 the wishlist is being repopulated... Such is DIY life.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ho-lee-crap! Nice order.

Hi I was trying to make a grape flavour but it is very perfumey so I turned it into turkish delight by adding rose etc. It can be found in the recipe section.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I like the FA flavors I have except Concord Grape. The next thing I try will be .25 or .5% stand alone.

Wait - you probably won't like it standalone at any percentage. (Ewwww, grapeflower.)
I've gotten use from it at tiny percents with other dark fruit/berry flavors, but I didn't love FA Concord Grape until I mixed this: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-purple-cow.41616/
THERE it actually tastes like normal grape juice, which is what I wanted all along. Please try that recipe before you give up on the flavor - and instead of vaping it standalone.

Verrry nice looking group of flavors you have coming!

acidrain23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like ECX's grape and supposedly Vaping Zone's is very good too (same manufacturer I belive, though these may be slightly different). In fact, I sub it in for the grape in HIC's Catherine the Grape and it is quite good! Then if you like that, try adding a smidge of bubblegum and pear. Yum!

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi I was trying to make a grape flavour but it is very perfumey so I turned it into turkish delight by adding rose etc. It can be found in the recipe section.
Thanks a lot for the info CM. I'll check that one out.

Wait - you probably won't like it standalone at any percentage. (Ewwww, grapeflower.)
I've gotten use from it at tiny percents with other dark fruit/berry flavors, but I didn't love FA Concord Grape until I mixed this: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-purple-cow.41616/
THERE it actually tastes like normal grape juice, which is what I wanted all along. Please try that recipe before you give up on the flavor - and instead of vaping it standalone.

Verrry nice looking group of flavors you have coming!
Thanks so much HIC. Guess what!? I'll be able to make Purple Cow once my orders come in! That one will be at the top of the list for sure. I had seen that recipe and hadn't saved it because I was so down on the Concord Grape. You have given me hope for it. :) Thanks for the link and info. You da best.

I like ECX's grape and supposedly Vaping Zone's is very good too (same manufacturer I belive, though these may be slightly different). In fact, I sub it in for the grape in HIC's Catherine the Grape and it is quite good! Then if you like that, try adding a smidge of bubblegum and pear. Yum!
I'll add those to the list but it might be a little while before I try any new grapes. I'm up to 4 now. The Hangsen and TFA Grape Juice are both pretty good for a sweet, slightly fake grape flavor (which I like for what it is). Some Vienna Cream will probably make them quite vapeable. I might try the HIC CTG and sub some Hangsen (then add some Pear).

I'm loving the TFA Pear at the moment (with TFA Sweet Cream and a touch of coconut). Had to resist the urge to mix Pear with Chocolate just now. Is it just me or does anyone else taste chocolate in Pear juices sometimes? I tried a Pear juice at a B+M (Sub-Ohm brand) and all I got was Chocolate. I told you my taste buds are a little wacky... I imagine gear and wattage could be the culprit but it's happened on 2 different RDA's, 2 different juices at different resistances (0.3 and 0.18).

Is the vape mail here yet? How about now? Now?!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm loving the TFA Pear at the moment (with TFA Sweet Cream and a touch of coconut). Had to resist the urge to mix Pear with Chocolate just now. Is it just me or does anyone else taste chocolate in Pear juices sometimes?

Don't resist that urge - chocolate-pear is good! Foodies who describe chocolate flavors talk about pear notes. And you can buy chocolate-dipped pears. Why not vape it?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
FW Grape tastes like Grape Soda, to me, if that's what you're looking for.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't resist that urge - chocolate-pear is good! Foodies who describe chocolate flavors talk about pear notes. And you can buy chocolate-dipped pears. Why not vape it?
You are right! I haven't made a mix yet but I just put a few drops of a 5% TFA Choc mix into my dripper that was already soaked in a quasi-Snake Oil clone. It was good enough to inspire me to make a recipe with it. I'm thinking something like 7% TFA Pear, 4% TFA Chocolate (not double, just regular) and maybe 2 or 3% Vienna Cream once it gets here. From my research it looks like I'll be putting that Vienna Cream in a lot of recipes. That's why I went ahead and got the 30ml bottle. Might do a touch (like 0.0025%) of TFA Coconut extra as well. So far it seems like that gives fruit mixes a little extra creamy feel and flavor complexity without really tasting it. It's just so easy to dominate a mix with.

FW Grape tastes like Grape Soda, to me, if that's what you're looking for.
The TFA Grape Juice at 12% tastes just like a Purple Nehi to me. I'm going to try some of the Champagne with the TFA GJ and the HS Grape and see how that does. I've already tried 5% TFA GJ, 5% HS Grape and 2% FA Fresh Cream and I think the FC killed the grape. Don't think I've tried the two grapes by themselves though so there may be an interaction there as well. Still learning.

My only problem now is not enough time and drippers to vape the mixes! I'm SO happy having that problem (aside from constantly eyeballing cheap deals on drippers and mech mods). 1st world problems.

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone. Loving VU. So glad I decided to join and start posting. Now to find some threads to contribute to! Where's my cloud chasers at?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone. Loving VU. So glad I decided to join and start posting. Now to find some threads to contribute to! Where's my cloud chasers at?

I'm glad you're here, too. You're sure off to a roaring start with DIY. :)

VU Sponsors