Become a Patron!

Want mech with specific features

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Which mechs meet these requirements?

Stainless steel body
Non telescoping
22mm diameter from top to bottom (smooth, no gaps)
Stainless steel 510 threading
Atomizer sits flush
Adjustable pins
Recessed button
Switch that has or can use magnets
Can use 18650 flat tops
Clone, preferably made by known manufacturer

Thanks

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's the combination of SS and recessed button that reduces your choices. There are several great recessed button mods... the Mad Industries "Colonial", BCV XXIX, MCR 101 SL/20mm and the Epic SMPL come to mind. I've not seen All SS clones of them... yet.

Off the top of my head... the King II, "Penny", Glas and Cartel mods are fixed tube, recessed button mods... and available in all SS. Of those, the latter 3, and in particular the Glas is probably closest to your desires. The FT Glas isn't a 1:1 clone. The only one I've seen that's near 1:1 is "made" (more likely distributed) by SeedEcig aka Seed Tech.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man. Looks like I'm gonna have to compromise on something. I can't find an exact match.

evkoo.com

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
PH22 mod may fit your requirements . It has switch button .Airflow control . With the Aerotank atomizer .

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man. Looks like I'm gonna have to compromise on something. I can't find an exact match.
Yeah... when I went down your list, you can match most, but the SS part can be a real deal breaker with the popularity of copper.

I'm a SS / recessed button fan, but I don't like locks of any kind. I prefer springs, as they are far easier to tune to taste.
I use 18500 more than 18650, so I look for 3 tube sets... or if I'm really liking the button design, 20X1mm thread so I can cut down the 18650 tube and re-thread.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the durability of stainless and don't really like the looks of all copper mods with stainless rda's on top. While digging around I've found that I do like a copper mod that has forced blue patina with a ss rda on top. I'm looking for a primarily 'at home' mech, rda setup so well cared for copper with a custom patina job might just work. Eyeballing XXIX's right now. Found copper and ss versions both with 3 tube sets available. Also 20x1. Nice and simple. Decisions....

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the durability of stainless and don't really like the looks of all copper mods with stainless rda's on top. While digging around I've found that I do like a copper mod that has forced blue patina with a ss rda on top. I'm looking for a primarily 'at home' mech, rda setup so well cared for copper with a custom patina job might just work. Eyeballing XXIX's right now. Found copper and ss versions both with 3 tube sets available. Also 20x1. Nice and simple. Decisions....
The Infinite XXIX is very nicely made.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe look into the Precise Workhorse by Super T Manufactuing.

It's got a majority of the features your looking for and the price is not
bad for a USA made authentic mod.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Super T looks real nice. When I get back to wifi I'm going to watch the video to see the parts better. Want to see how the switch is built. The Infinite XXIX seems nicer than other clones, but the others have a magnetic switch. Happen to know if the Infinite switch can take a magnet modification?
This is all very helpful. Thanks guys.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just read 30+ pages at the other place about the workhorse and didn't even get to the end of the thread. I think that might be my first mech. I really like beefy, well machined stainless. Could be my last mech. ;) Thanks.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just read 30+ pages at the other place about the workhorse and didn't even get to the end of the thread. I think that might be my first mech. I really like beefy, well machined stainless. Could be my last mech. ;) Thanks.

I have the 18500 version and absolutely Love it.
It is so worth it for the quality mod your gonna get, you won't be disappointed.

deftones

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
SMPL. It's a 4nine killer. Available in SS, brass and copper.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I looked at the 4nine, but it seems the magnets in the switch are problematic. Something about them demagnetizing allowing the switch to move freely. If I have to go cheap it looks like a XXIX clone might get the nod, but for $70 the work horse looks like it would be hard to beat. Quality, simple and all stainless US made with almost every feature I'm looking for... Of course both for under a bill.... ;)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the cleaner lines of the smpl. I'm definitely getting good recommendations in this thread. Some real contenders I hadn't checked out before. Thanks again.

VU Sponsors