Become a Patron!

Wanting to get into vaping. No clue where to start.

Brittbritt213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After seeing a whole lot of people get in on vaping, It peaked my interested and decided to join. The only thing is that I have no clue where to start! The only vaping I've done was steal my boyfriends vape pen on occasion. Everything is so confusing and I want to own something that will be built to last and produce nice clouds to perform cool trick with my bf and I wanted to avoid juices with nicotine. Thanks for the advice and suggestions!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Britt, welcome to VU. A couple options are to visit your local vape store and ask the staff to show you a starter set up. Ask a lot of questions and try as many devices that fit your budget. You can also check YouTube videos on starting vaping. There are a ton of informative videos that will explain how to get started. I would suggest an Istick 30 watt battery and an Aspire Nautilus Mini tank to go with it. That would cost you around $50.00, and would grow with you as you progress on your vape journey. Good luck, and let us know what you get! BTW, the hardest part of this IMHO is finding a juice flavor you like...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I will assume, if you want "nice clouds" then you want something able to produce more vape than your BF's pen?

The first thing you need to know, is how much you are willing to spend. Then you need to ask yourself how complicated you want it to be. Are you willing to learn to build coils? (It's not really all that complicated, it just takes your time and attention).

Or do you want something that you just dump your juice in and blow clouds?

Do you want a mod that you just plug in, or would you like a mod you can change batteries in?

Not being a smoker (since you want to avoid nicotine), will you use it through the day, all day, or just a little bit at home?

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The cost of the average Funeral is about 11,000.00 I have an obscene amount of Vape Gear & have about 700.00 in it. Lived two years longer. (so far) Smoke, or Vape. I made My choice. Dead people don't need to post, just be dead. :cool:

Brittbritt213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the help @ChrisL and @freemind. I would want to send probably no more than $100 but I can adjust the price range if I must. I'm willing to build coils it's a cool hand on thing I can learn, but I think I'd lean more to something that I can dump and go. And to @Saddletramp1200 I know exactly how much funerals cost and my family has a history of smoking, which has not killed them to what I know of. and from what I've heard there is no know serious dangerous of doing this which is why my bf has partaken and I want to venture in. So please if you have nothing to say that could help me, please excuse yourself off the post. Thank you and good day

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

cavtruper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well you are certainly in good company. I have been back and fourth from cigs to e-stogies for a couple years. At first, it wasn't satisfying enough for me so I would go back to the Tar Side. Now I am all in and am loving it! The technology is soooo much better! The one thing I am convinced of is you cannot compare it to a cigarette or you will fail. After a couple weeks you will detest cigarettes. My best wishes for you, Britt!

EDIT- If you want the best chances, go BIG out the gate. Spend the $$$. Cry once or end up with a box of junk. And I missed the part that you may not be a smoker. Sorry, my comprehension sux sometimes.

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I do declare. Must be jump Tramps shit week. Think before you act. I try too. I can see that We may be able to help you. :cool:

Brittbritt213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for all the help and I'm taking all your advice into account. And one last thing for @Saddletramp1200 think before you post you have no idea who you may be talking to you know let me shine the light on the subject. I recently went to 2 funerals all in a span of a months my uncle 2 months ago and my dad about 3 weeks ago. Currently going to go through a few operations. We all have one live to live and one shouldn't judge how they decided to live it. It's their life to live and you shouldn't be playing this high being because at least I know if I may die or not (most likely not to vaping, pretty stupid to think that) at least I won't regret doing this. I'm glad I'm doing this and the people helping I thank you. But that's for the advice but I think I'll pass I also have a few connection and last time I checked they were pretty hospitable and I think that's a good thing for a business which I see that yours is lacking.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smoking is a Bitch. Throwing Cigarettes away will make you an even meaner Bitch for some time. Get angry enough to throw the Bitch out. Being Pissed is normal. I killed the Bitch. ;) If your mad at me, wait, I'm having a ticket machine installed so I can be with you in the correct order. :cool:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for all the help and I'm taking all your advice into account. And one last thing for @Saddletramp1200 think before you post you have no idea who you may be talking to you know let me shine the light on the subject. I recently went to 2 funerals all in a span of a months my uncle 2 months ago and my dad about 3 weeks ago. Currently going to go through a few operations. We all have one live to live and one shouldn't judge how they decided to live it. It's their life to live and you shouldn't be playing this high being because at least I know if I may die or not (most likely not to vaping, pretty stupid to think that) at least I won't regret doing this. I'm glad I'm doing this and the people helping I thank you. But that's for the advice but I think I'll pass I also have a few connection and last time I checked they were pretty hospitable and I think that's a good thing for a business which I see that yours is lacking.

Poor person, I hope you get the help you need. I was trying to help you make a choice to Vape & not smoke. Please call for help. I have been where you are. Please talk to someone.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Smoking is a Bitch. Throwing Cigarettes away will make you an even meaner Bitch for some time. Get angry enough to throw the Bitch out. Being Pissed is normal. I killed the Bitch. ;) If your mad at me, wait, I'm having a ticket machine installed so I can be with you in the correct order. :cool:
Smoking was a bitch! I killed her, too. Dude, you certainly have a way with words.

Britt, he's truly harmless and is just saying that vaping is a better alternative to smoking. Since you're wanting zero nic, I'm assuming you don't smoke. If you're looking to get into vaping just to have cool clouds and flavors, no one can tell you not to, but I wouldn't suggest spending a lot of money on gear that's just a cloud producer. Most of us took up vaping to quit smoking, which you can't put a price on.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well.....

If you want to run in it with an RDA and building coils, you may want to budget a little more.
You'll need a box mod. I use a Sigelei V2 100 watt box mod. 75 buck or so.
You'll want a charger like a NiCore I2. 20 bucks or so.
at least one pair of good batteries like MXJO or Samsung 25R's. 20 bucks or so for those per pair.
Then an RDA about 20 bucks in a vape shop.
Then at least a roll of Kenthal wire, and ohm reader, and a few tools like wire nippers, cotton packer tool, a Ohm reader, cotton, ect. Probably about another 40 bucks.

That gives you a general idea.

It can be more or less, depending on what you may already have, or what you may choose to buy.

If you go with a temp control mod and wire, there may be a different learning curve for coiling and using the wire.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll add this....

IF you buy the better mod from the start, you won't be itching to get a bigger better mod when you switch from a tank when you start (where you want to start) and you switch over to RDA's.

I did not suggest a tank in the last post, because I don't use them. None of them work for my style of vaping. They lose flavor too quickly for me, and they do not put out enough vapor for my likes.

Brittbritt213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How much would it be to get something I can put in juice and blow?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The tank alone will cost you about 60 bucks or less if you choose one of the newest and greatest tanks.

Then you need a mod of some sort.

Just remember, you get what you pay for, when it comes to mod gear, in general. You can get started for less, but a few months down the road, you'll be spending the buck to get better stuff.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aaaannnnd you want to just put juice in it and blow.....I'm out of this thread.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Why not go to a local shop and see what's available for your preferences? You can research better prices online, but you might even find a decent deal in a shop.

Brittbritt213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright, thanks for the insight for building up my own. I may just hold off a bit to save up some more cash and do a bit more research. Thanks for the help everyone

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There is a difference using a pen, and using something that lets you blow big assed clouds.

My wife can't take a drag off my RDA's or RTA's without gagging and choking.

Huckleberried's suggestion is a sound one. Most people in the vape shops will let you pull a drag off their device if you have your own drip tip (no one likes to share drip tip and spit!)

Brittbritt213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright, I'll do that for sure

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smoking was a bitch! I killed her, too. Dude, you certainly have a way with words.

Britt, he's truly harmless and is just saying that vaping is a better alternative to smoking. Since you're wanting zero nic, I'm assuming you don't smoke. If you're looking to get into vaping just to have cool clouds and flavors, no one can tell you not to, but I wouldn't suggest spending a lot of money on gear that's just a cloud producer. Most of us took up vaping to quit smoking, which you can't put a price on.
Thank You. I changed when My wife died of cancer. Then our girl was killed in a car wreck. I only try to help. Sometimes I get it wrong. Only have half a mind now. The rest is in their graves. Do the best I can with what I have left. I lead a fucked life if you can call it that. But I try to help others, must be something good in that.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank You. I changed when My wife died of cancer. Then our girl was killed in a car wreck. I only try to help. Sometimes I get it wrong. Only have half a mind now. The rest is in their graves. Do the best I can with what I have left. I lead a fucked life if you can call it that. But I try to help others, must be something good in that.
I've always told you you're good people. And I understand, and somewhat relate. You're in my heart, pal. Truly.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's called redemption through good deeds. Keep it up.

Brittbritt213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Saddletramp1200 I apologize for misinterpreting for what you said. I'm sorry for what you have gone through and I appreciate that you were looking out and trying to help. I Thank you dearly

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The best I can hope for is to help someone everyday. Sometimes I can. some times I can't. But I try, that's all I can do.
If I fail, I accept it. Then try harder tomorrow. :cool:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The best I can hope for is to help someone everyday. Sometimes I can. some times I can't. But I try, that's all I can do.
If I fail, I accept it. Then try harder tomorrow. :cool:
I guess I don't tell you this, but you should know, you make me smile AT LEAST once a day, every day. Sometimes I giggle, too. On some days, that's a really big deal! Is to me.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Saddletramp1200 I apologize for misinterpreting for what you said. I'm sorry for what you have gone through and I appreciate that you were looking out and trying to help. I Thank you dearly

My pleasure is to help you. I sometimes make a fool of myself. I keep trying, that's the way good people act. This place is the only Family I have. It's very precious to me. Got 200,000.00 in the shop. It's all man made items. Can't think, can't feel. Has no warmth, no kindness. Just stuff. :cool:

cavtruper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Now that is class

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I feel down, or sad, I come here. Or excited & happy, I come here. I know I will never see a friend 1/2 way across the world. But smile when they think , Damn the Old man was right. :)

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm late to the conversation but based on what I'm reading you would probably be happy to start with one of the sub ohm clearo tanks. I vape on an Atlantis v1 as I am not big on building my own coils...at least not yet. With the sub tanks you can blow decent clouds and you don't have to build coils if your not up for that. If you get a kit it makes it pretty simple to get yourself started.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a Kanger Pro 3 this week for 6.00. Get a cheap 2 18650 Mod, 40 watt, & knock it out. You can vape to impress yourself. I blow Fog Banks. Just Me. Hardly ever get above 35 watts. Clouds are for show. I run with the Big Dogs. No point in it, but I don't smoke & now my lungs work again, I can. I make clouds so dense, I can't see my face. I don't know why. But it feels good. :cool:

Brittbritt213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright. I'll check that out. It fits what I want it to do

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I don't tell you this, but you should know, you make me smile AT LEAST once a day, every day. Sometimes I giggle, too. On some days, that's a really big deal! Is to me.
Kindness is the best thing a person can be guilty of. I know I'm not eloquent anymore, but I try. Seems like all those drawers with all that knowledge are closing one by one. But I am here till I'm gone. If I can make the tiniest difference it's cherished by me.:cool:

VU Sponsors