Become a Patron!

Warm, not hot. Still skeptical

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got my Apollo clone with my doge v2 clone. It doesn't start getting warm until after 4 or 5 seven second hits. Like, not as hot as the atty but deffinetly warm. Is that normal? Still kinda new to mechs. As for battery specs, vtc5(not a clone) and a .31 ohm coil.

Stay Awesome \m/

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure on this one....Questions to ask....Is this happening because some of the heat from the atty is working down to the metal tube of the mod, or is the switch have a slight short going on in there, or are the batteries going bonkers, if its slight heat I'd say it was normal, but to be cautious.

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is just slight. But it's only when I either take really really long hits or chain vape

Stay Awesome \m/

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
No experience with those devices but IMHO anytime you have heated coils in a metal enclosure said metal is going to get above room temp.

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does it make a difference that it's a hybrid?

Stay Awesome \m/

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Possibly an easy way to test it out would be to use it until you notice it getting warm, then open it up and pull the battery out.
If the battery itself feels cooler then the mod, then it's most likely heat radiating down from the RDA
If the battery feels hotter then the mod, then the battery isn't strong enough for the coils and is being overworked, or there might be a short somewhere.

I sometimes have a similar issue with my sigelei 100 watt.
If my RDA is flush against the mod, then it will heat up from usage.
But the mod stays cool if I adjust the screws a bit so there is a gap between the box and rda.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Possibly an easy way to test it out would be to use it until you notice it getting warm, then open it up and pull the battery out.
If the battery itself feels cooler then the mod, then it's most likely heat radiating down from the RDA
If the battery feels hotter then the mod, then the battery isn't strong enough for the coils and is being overworked, or there might be a short somewhere.

But the mod stays cool if I adjust the screws a bit so there is a gap between the box and rda.
+1 excellent advice!

CantWin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
heat from your grip, heat from the coils and RDA. As long as the battery is staying coolish, your fine. If its copper, I have found that they radiate heat a bit more that stainless. I cant imagine that your building very low with 7 second hits on a doge

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
heat from your grip, heat from the coils and RDA. As long as the battery is staying coolish, your fine. If its copper, I have found that they radiate heat a bit more that stainless. I cant imagine that your building very low with 7 second hits on a doge
I usually build right around .2-.3 so not too low. Lol

Stay Awesome \m/

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Not a bad idea! Thanks for the advice

Stay Awesome \m/

VU Sponsors