Become a Patron!

Warmer vape

bfrisky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking to attain a warmer vape. Is the only way to get there increasing my wattage or dropping my ohms?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bigger coil....... is how u ou get warmer... a bigger coil will likely also mean you need more watts.. but it doesn't mean you need to go lower.... same could be accomplished by adding wraps to a build for a higher ohm then bumping wattage.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

bfrisky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bigger coil....... is how u ou get warmer... a bigger coil will likely also mean you need more watts.. but it doesn't mean you need to go lower.... same could be accomplished by adding wraps to a build for a higher ohm then bumping wattage.

These are the nuances that seem to elude me! Thanks!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The way to get a warmer is a bigger fire and/or a hotter fire.......

In a mod that equates to a bigger coil and/or more wattage... or some combination of.

There are two ways to get a bigger coil... bigger wire which results in lower ohm or more wraps which increases ohm.

In both cases you may need more wattage if only because it takes more wattage to heat more wire.

Might be easier to describe what you are using now... and get advise on where to go from there to get what you want.

You ask a very general question all I can really give is a general answer.

bfrisky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Might be easier to describe what you are using now... and get advise on where to go from there to get what you want.

You ask a very general question all I can really give is a general answer.

I am using an evic vtwo mini 75w. Cleito RTA and occasionally a troll v2. I'm not much of a fan of lower ohms, not sure why. I haven't really built anything lower that .5 and only used prebuilt .3 and .2 coils. I'm trying to decide if I should spring for a 100+ mod. Thanks for the general knowledge too! That is much need right now!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am using an evic vtwo mini 75w. Cleito RTA and occasionally a troll v2. I'm not much of a fan of lower ohms, not sure why. I haven't really built anything lower that .5 and only used prebuilt .3 and .2 coils. I'm trying to decide if I should spring for a 100+ mod. Thanks for the general knowledge too! That is much need right now!
Do you run your current mod at 75watts all the time wanting more wattage? Then you might need more power...

I build from . 1 to 2 ohm and rarely set my mod above 25 watts.... see almost all of my build are built to run between 15 and 25 watts regardless the ohm they come out to.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Less air..... Gives me a warmer vape. ... And less power ...
ff61be9b1d8a01a2e889a3fe7b02b070.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

bfrisky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you run your current mod at 75watts all the time wanting more wattage? Then you might need more power...

I build from . 1 to 2 ohm and rarely set my mod above 25 watts.... see almost all of my build are built to run between 15 and 25 watts regardless the ohm they come out to.

Not at the moment. I'm still playing around trying to find what works and doesn't. If I can't make it work with just a build then I will go for more power.

Clee2010

Member For 4 Years
I have raised the coils before to increase warmth. just be careful not to get them too close to the mouthpiece or you will get a lot of spit back.

Subohmer82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Usually lower ohms and higher wattage gives a warmer vape, or series builds which involve more wraps of say 24g or 26g wire, i use 13 wraps of Kanthal or Nichrome 80 around a 3mm bit, brings me to .5 or .4, run it at 55 to 65 watts and its a dense warm vape, try different builds and see what u like, the best part about rebuilding

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking to attain a warmer vape. Is the only way to get there increasing my wattage or dropping my ohms?

OR by increasing MASS and SURFACE area of the coil.......... Going lower ohm with heavier wire is one way to do that. But fact is the more metal you have in a coil the more heat it can transfer to the juice. The more surface area the more juice it can heat at a time. Trick is increasing surface area without going to far on the mass.. Too much, mass, makes for a coil that is slow to heat and cool. which promotes gunking and burned wicks.

VU Sponsors