Become a Patron!

Warning labels?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just noticed that my juices from Mount Baker have warning labels... They state: "This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm."

This label took me by surprise. How could they determine whether or not ejuice is carcinogenic until say, about 50 years from now when the possible long term effects of vaping would arise? From what I understand, nicotine alone in low doses is barely harmful for you compared to the thousands of chemicals in a cigarette, and PG/VG are used in many foods and cosmetics.

I can understand that carcinogens could be present if somebody placed something like a cheap clearomizer on a 200 watt mod and the wick was combusted, but nobody vapes like that, and the warning is on the juice, not the device...

Can somebody explain why the MBV label includes this? I thought Mt Baker was in Washington, not California, unless perhaps they mix their juice or get their ingredients from CA? I have juices from other vendors such as MFS and Vapewild as well, and none of them have a warning label except for my MBV juices. Why? Is this just a political thing where they catagorize ejuice as a tobacco product and say it has the same risks? Or is there really something that has been scientifically proven as carcinogenic in the juice?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If you vape this eJuice in California, you will get cancer!
If you eat a banana in California, you will get cancer!
If you drink a beer in California, you will get cancer!
If you f... In California, you will get cancer!
If you take a sun bath in California, you will get cancer!
If you live in California, you will get cancer!

However, I'm expecting to see more juice manufacturers having warning labels on them sooner or later, due to upcoming FDA regulations.

Last edited:

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only when you vape this eJuice in California, you will get cancer.
If you take a sun bath in California, you will get cancer.....

However, I'm expecting to see more juice manufacturers having warning labels on them sooner or later, due to upcoming FDA regulations.
Do these upcoming regulations change the ingredients in ejuice or where they come from/ how they're manufactured, or does it just put a cancer label on ejuice like what cigarette packs have?

NYNURSE

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just preemptive to stave off the potential lawsuits. Put it on the label or spend a million trying to prove your stuff didn't give somebody cancer.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Proposition 65. Ah, what a joke. It's a California labeling standard for any substance from a ridiculous list that CA legislation deems have the possibility to cause cancer or birth defects. It's basically every chemical in the world that's used in manufacturing anything. Seriously. http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/files/P65single082515.pdf it's 23 pages of nonsense. Don't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Added some more ...you will get cancer, in my prior post.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Per the great state of California, sawdust and drywall particles are going to kill me before nicotine gets its chance.

What, me worry?

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Or maybe the diketones in the flavorings they use. I wouldn't worry about it

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Microwaving food causes cancer.

spookiewon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just noticed that my juices from Mount Baker have warning labels... They state: "This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm."

This label took me by surprise. How could they determine whether or not ejuice is carcinogenic until say, about 50 years from now when the possible long term effects of vaping would arise? From what I understand, nicotine alone in low doses is barely harmful for you compared to the thousands of chemicals in a cigarette, and PG/VG are used in many foods and cosmetics.

I can understand that carcinogens could be present if somebody placed something like a cheap clearomizer on a 200 watt mod and the wick was combusted, but nobody vapes like that, and the warning is on the juice, not the device...

Can somebody explain why the MBV label includes this? I thought Mt Baker was in Washington, not California, unless perhaps they mix their juice or get their ingredients from CA? I have juices from other vendors such as MFS and Vapewild as well, and none of them have a warning label except for my MBV juices. Why? Is this just a political thing where they catagorize ejuice as a tobacco product and say it has the same risks? Or is there really something that has been scientifically proven as carcinogenic in the juice?

My christmas lights have the same warning. California has an insane law regarding warning labels, and nearly everything needs one, if it's going to be sold in California. Some manufacturers make separate labels for products they're sending to California and others just put the California label on everything.

The law is called "Proposition 65." Look it up. It's hysterical!

The lady mentioned in the article below had the same label...on her hiking pants.

Don't worry about it. No one in California does.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=27711857

spookiewon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just checked, and both propylene glycol and nicotine are on the list. So are a LOT of commonly used medications.

Tepid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
California is a cancer
As is, Chicago, New York and Washington.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They need to tattoo these warning labels on the politicians' foreheads!

VU Sponsors