Become a Patron!

Wash Your Hands Before Wicking

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also be careful what you dry them off on!

Got lazy and just dried my hands off on a shirt laying on my couch. Problem was the cologne I use transferred to my hands, yuk!

While I enjoy my cologne it sure doesn't add to the Vape experience!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually do wash my hands but I have been meaning to use my mixing gloves like this:

Nitrile gloves :) But I'm extreme, and have been in your situation before. Never again!

because I draft and roll my rayon before I wick so my hands come in contact with a lot of the wick.

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
yes Nitrile gloves , alcohol pads, cleaning wipes for optics , paper towels ,hand sanitizer ect.
All of the above live in my cave, it doubles as a health room also.
My other half is an RN so sanitizing supplies are abundant.:devil:

NWOVaper

Member For 1 Year
When I am messing with my tanks or RBA's I usually use unscented hand sanitizer and have never tasted it as far as I can remember. I hate the greasy feeling on e-Liquid on my hands.
I honestly wouldn't recommend that.. Even though you don't taste it, some could transfer to your wick and then you're vaping those chemicals!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh man, yuck lol. I've found that too, though usually after washing my hands. Figuring great, they're nice and clean, no bad tasting wicks. Then take a hit and realize yes, my hands were clean however I didn't rinse them entirely and get an aftertaste of dishsoap. lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have found using Hand Sanitizer is a great way to get rid of the smell when cooking and cutting Garlic so when I use it to clean my hands when messing with Vape Gear never taste it because it evaporates before you touch anything. Just my opinion from personal experience.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have found using Hand Sanitizer is a great way to get rid of the smell when cooking and cutting Garlic so when I use it to clean my hands when messing with Vape Gear never taste it because it evaporates before you touch anything. Just my opinion from personal experience.
Yep that would work for it also dry's fast.

Myself I never good stand the flavor that dish soap leaves on my dishes so I've used unscented hypoallergenic Dish Soap for years. I now use it also for washing my hands before wicking. But like I was rudely slapped on the side of the face was also be careful of what you dry your hands off with ;)

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Nitrile gloves :) But I'm extreme, and have been in your situation before. Never again!

I like the black 10mil nitrile gloves with the grips. Use them for everything from car maintenance to vape maintenance. They also give you a bit extra grip for the stuff that decides not come loose/apart easily.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After years of being a smoker and inhaling Gear Lube or Brake Fluid off of cigarettes I do not think Dish Soap would be that bad but I do know what you mean because I have tasted that before but never in a vape. Dry hits suck bad enough ~!
LMAO! Good points Steve! I never looked at it that way. :cheers:

Think I'm going to give the hand sanitizer a try. Wifey always has some lying around. I usually just wash my hands and dry with paper towel but I'm not against taking extra precautions.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LMAO! Good points Steve! I never looked at it that way. :cheers:

I use the hand sanitizer because I have it on my desk where I fuck with most vaping stuff except for DIY. It dries so fast and even after using it never tasted it when licking my finger but I only use Unscented.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use the hand sanitizer because I have it on my desk where I fuck with most vaping stuff except for DIY. It dries so fast and even after using it never tasted it when licking my finger but I only use Unscented.
I'll have to check wifey's sanitizer and see if it's scented. This is good to know, thanks.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just keep rubbing my hands thoroughly under slowly running warm tap water for about half a minute or so... no sanitizer excepting only after I touched real bacon instead of the cotton bacon prime.

The unscented sanitizer that I use is this one:
eubos-bleu-gel-lavant-savon-liquide-200ml.75eea6.jpg

VU Sponsors