Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
:deadhorse:Tell her that you installed it on a regulated mod and in Mech mode it still fluctuated

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wonder if the person should video it...
Guess I better build and check my new 1.5 Goon soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Fuckers deleted the instagram post and blocked everyone who posted or commented on it

ieatOhms

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The conversation from IG. Not sure how filtered the conversation is, but what is being stated actually makes sense when you stop and think about it. Also keep in mind that this is one person that complained about resistance jumping out of probably thousands that have been sold thus far, so there might be some merit behind 528 stating that this guy was a troll.

1348a72f1ac244249293faf9654cbf7c.png

359bd3e68e07d209fa50da7e515476b0.png

c6c29961c49bced2890f67a61a8b7843.png

c796d10186ecbf31189eea183a7b7e25.png

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I now can see, this makes more sense! I was wondering what type of wire, what type of build, and if all of the screws were tight. Apparently, a loose screw and not on the 1.5!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I now can see, this makes more sense! I was wondering what type of wire, what type of build, and if all of the screws were tight. Even so, 528 offered good customer service, which was conveniently left out. Apparently, a loose screw and not on the 1.5!

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
I now can see, this makes more sense! I was wondering what type of wire, what type of build, and if all of the screws were tight. Even so, 528 offered good customer service, which was conveniently left out. Apparently, a loose screw and not on the 1.5!

0f9defd51197f1dbfe5661423ae9f550.jpg

Or could he be using one of these?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think the point is: whether the guy is a troll, an idiot, using a bad clone, or whatever; giving the advice of 'put your janky atty on a mech and see what happens' is about the fucktardedest advice possible.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, if it's not shorting, if he is going to get hot spots out, or any number of things aside from using it full time to vape it that way then there a case for doing it (if he doesn't have a 521 Tab or equivalent). I'm wondering if part of the discussions with 528 were intentionally left out.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's why I say the circumstances don't matter. Whether it's a hardware problem, or an ID10T error is irrelevant. There is a problem. Fix the problem. Do not cause a bigger problem.

Maybe I'm confused but I could swear I saw somewhere previously where 528 offered replacement and even to send prepayment. I think it is looking more and more like the original rant was placed out there in a biased way.

ieatOhms

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's why I say the circumstances don't matter. Whether it's a hardware problem, or an ID10T error is irrelevant. There is a problem. Fix the problem. Do not cause a bigger problem.

They did attempt to fix the problem. And using a mech to pulse the coils is a very plausible solution given the circumstances and the fact that the atomizer was not the issue. It was clearly stated that they were willing to refund the person once they received the atomizer and were able to verify that there was indeed a problem. I think that the person that stirred this pot intentionally left out a considerable portion of the communication to simply cause controversy...and he succeeded quite well, otherwise this discussion would be null and everyone that owned one of those "janky" (as you called it) atomizers would be pressing forward enjoying them.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The OP shows the message to 528, and the first response.

Guy says, "I'm having a problem with the ohms jumping on my Goon".
Response is, "Have you tried it on a mech?"
Subsequent response is, "You won't have that problem on a mech".

What I see is 528 saying, 'You won't see the ohms jumping on a mech because a mech doesn't have an ohm reader. It's only a problem if you can see it'.

Then after 528 gets called on it, they offer a return. Then they get all defensive with the, "I'm a builder blah blah blah. I've got experience yadda yadda yadda." Then they delete their mistake, thinking no one screenshot any of it.

Bottom line:
They fucked up. Trolled or not, they fucked up.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Way better than my experiences (yes multiple) with SMOK. But you haven't seen me get on a soapbox about them or go Trolling... just saying.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't see any posts in this thread definitively showing the rda was not the issue.
I didn't say all Goon 1.5's are janky.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If they were dealing with a newb then what they said could be interpreted wrong, there's a lot of ifs and buts. The again a newb shouldn't have a RDA. There are a lot of people competing for the Darwin Award.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The conversation from IG. Not sure how filtered the conversation is, but what is being stated actually makes sense when you stop and think about it. Also keep in mind that this is one person that complained about resistance jumping out of probably thousands that have been sold thus far, so there might be some merit behind 528 stating that this guy was a troll.

1348a72f1ac244249293faf9654cbf7c.png

359bd3e68e07d209fa50da7e515476b0.png

c6c29961c49bced2890f67a61a8b7843.png

c796d10186ecbf31189eea183a7b7e25.png
Just an fyi the dude seemed to be a huge goon fan. His Reddit account he was alwaysing hyping the original and LP he purchased all the goons directly from 528. Them saying he is a troll is just trying to save face and backtrack after the blocked him so he can't respond and they have have a circle jerk with their fanboys.

Jumping resistance is almost always a short and most regulated mods won't say short like 528 claims. They say check atomizer or no atomizer or ohms too low etc. Putting a shorted build on a mech is bad. No of ands or butts about it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also don't see definitively where the RDA was the problem... where's the video!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If they were dealing with a newb then what they said could be interpreted wrong, there's a lot of ifs and buts. The again a newb shouldn't have a RDA. There are a lot of people competing for the Darwin Award.

See my post above. Dude was a big goon fan. Had them all never said a bad thing about them. Been using all the goons no issue. Clearly he got a defective one. It happens no big deal. It was their response that was shitty.

Not to mention the censorship. They even blocked me and my only comment was exact words "telling someone to try and fire a possibly shorted build on a mech is bad advice"

That's literally all I said and blocked lol.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Put it on a 521 Tab or ohm meter and video the resistance changing. Post that and then there's proof.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I also don't see definitively where the RDA was the problem... where's the video!

Let's say for a 2nd that the person suddenly forgot how to build despite using a him and goon lp for years and loving it, even if it wasn't the rda their response was still bad. They could have asked for a video or sent a return label so they could inspect it etc etc. The advice they gave was still the worst possible advice

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Put it on a 521 Tab or ohm meter and video the resistance changing. Post that and then there's proof.

I think your missing what the big deal is. Nobody cares if it is or isn't defective. That's not the issue. Every company will have a defective product here and there it happens. Nobody is mad about that. It's the response that is bad.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Johnnytraveler said,
Me: Hey, this gun won't fire.

528: Look down the barrel and pull the trigger. See if there's anything wrong.
THIS^^^

So what if buy a car, and I think the brakes are bad. I call the dealership, and their response is, "Take it out on the interstate, get it up to 100mph, slam on the brakes, and see what happens. If it stops, it's all good. If you die, it's all good, too."

Good business model?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Johnnytraveler said,

THIS^^^

So what if buy a car, and I think the brakes are bad. I call the dealership, and their response is, "Take it out on the interstate, get it up to 100mph, slam on the brakes, and see what happens. If it stops, it's all good. If you die, it's all good, too."

Good business model?
Lmao

ieatOhms

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Was the advise given before or after they offered to have it sent back at their expense? None of us can answer that with any amount of certainty. If it was offered and the guy still insisted on calling them out, then by all means the response, in my opinion is warranted, and I would have told him to go suck start a shotgun as well. People today expect businesses to bend over backwards and some over petty stuff, and quite frankly that's not the way it should necessarily be. Every once in a while it is perfectly fine to call a turd a turd. Now...If it was prior, then of course it was bad advise. The way I read into it was he was offered having it returned at 528's expense and then he still decided to send them an email as if he was going to get a different response. The owners wife caught wind that it was the same guy that was trying to get free shit and basically told him to kick rocks, but in a more mechanical way.

...the customer is not always right despite what most believe. Sometimes being a dick is the only way to alleviate your business from the person becoming a constant thorn in your side...that comes from personal experience.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Was the advise given before or after they offered to have it sent back at their expense? None of us can answer that with any amount of certainty. If it was offered and the guy still insisted on calling them out, then by all means the response, in my opinion is warranted, and I would have told him to go suck start a shotgun as well. People today expect businesses to bend over backwards and some over petty stuff, and quite frankly that's not the way it should necessarily be. Every once in a while it is perfectly fine to call a turd a turd. Now...If it was prior, then of course it was bad advise. The way I read into it was he was offered having it returned at 528's expense and then he still decided to send them an email as if he was going to get a different response. The owners wife caught wind that it was the same guy that was trying to get free shit and basically told him to kick rocks, but in a more mechanical way.

...the customer is not always right despite what most believe. Sometimes being a dick is the only way to alleviate your business from the person becoming a constant thorn in your side...that comes from personal experience.
U can see in the time stamps on the email the advice was offered before they offered a refund. The guy was posting stuff as it happened on Reddit

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

An unprofessional and potentially dangerous response is never okay. In fact, if it happened the way you claim, it makes 528 look even worse for letting a troll get their panties in a bunch. "Go kill yourself" is childish assholery. So is putting words in people's mouths, actually. And if you're going to make claims about things you saw posted outside of this thread, you need to provide screenshots or links. What you posted earlier doesn't back up claims of trolling. All I see is 528 playing the experience card, and fanboys licking sack.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
An unprofessional and potentially dangerous response is never okay. In fact, if it happened the way you claim, it makes 528 look even worse for letting a troll get their panties in a bunch. "Go kill yourself" is childish assholery. So is putting words in people's mouths, actually. And if you're going to make claims about things you saw posted outside of this thread, you need to provide screenshots or links. What you posted earlier doesn't back up claims of trolling. All I see is 528 playing the experience card, and fanboys licking sack.

I really hope you're not referring to me with that comment! I am an electronic engineer and just purchased the first Goon ever this past week and don't have the first build on it yet!!!

Last edited:

ieatOhms

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I am far from a fan boy and I never claimed I saw anything, I'm going based off of the information on this thread and any of the speculation that has been talked about in this thread. But like I said, given the info we have in this thread it was bad advise. You are definitely correct about their panties being wadded up a little tight. Bad advise aside, they did try to correct the situation. Hopefully they bite the bullet, put their egos aside and handle the situation correctly.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am far from a fan boy and I never claimed I saw anything, I'm going based off of the information on this thread and any of the speculation that has been talked about in this thread. But like I said, given the info we have in this thread it was bad advise. You are definitely correct about their panties being wadded up a little tight. Bad advise aside, they did try to correct the situation. Hopefully they bite the bullet, put their egos aside and handle the situation correctly.
I apologize if I misread or misunderstood your posts. At least we all agree it was bad advice.

VU Sponsors