Become a Patron!

Wattage for sub ohm coils?

scorpio1974

Member For 1 Year
Getting an iJoy Elite Ps2170 kit later in the week,its my first vape device.Comes with 2 coils,1 is 0.3(40-80W),the other is 0.5(30-60W). Seller also throwing in a Digiflavor utank coil,0.5(20-30W) which seller recommends I start off with.
A few questions-
-I'll be using 0mg juice(70/30) and would like more flavor and less cloud.I'll prob vape MTL so whats the best coil/wattage set up?Could I go 15w with the digiflavor coil?Or captain coil at 20w?Or would vape be too warm?

-Can I use higher resistance coils in either of those tanks?Anyone recommend decent value ones?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You are just going to have to wait and try it. Only you can decide what you like best. Start low wattage and work up to where you like it best.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @scorpio1974 and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

I find I get the best life and pleasant vape at 20-25% below the minimum wattage that is recommended for my Sub Ohm Tanks. This is based on my own personal 1st hand experience.

scorpio1974

Member For 1 Year
Ok, I'll start at 15w and work up from there. Is it best to go up in 2w or 5w increments?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I'll start at 15w and work up from there. Is it best to go up in 2w or 5w increments?

For me it depends on how high you plan on going and I go by how it is vaping. That is how I found lower than recommended works for me by starting low and working my way up.

VU Sponsors