Become a Patron!

Wattage of choice

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey yall! Just wanted to put this out there...what wattage do you vape at and what resistance? I'm usually a 30 to 50w guy and .5ohms or so.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm all over the map. In my pocket, right now, is a TC mod with a .3 SS316L build running at 440 F, 60 watts, and a series box set to about 5.5 volts on a .4 dual clapton build...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm all over the map. In my pocket, right now, is a TC mod with a .3 SS316L build running at 440 F, 60 watts, and a series box set to about 5.5 volts on a .4 dual clapton build...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I differs for me as well. I use a few different mods on a daily basis and they generally stay at the same settings. The mod I use the most is my VS DNA200 and that normally has .18-.30 ohm duel SS Clapton aliens, 400 degrees, 60w. My second most used mod is probably the RX200 and that usually has the same type of coils / resistance and is set to 77w with a 1 second preheat set at 90w.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well right now I vape at 55-58 watts on my iSub Apex but am going to start playing around when I get my Smok Alien kit with the Baby Beast... :bunny:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Less than 20 watts........ I hate carrying and changing batteries. So whether vaping mechanical or regulated I keep wattage down. Build for mech are between .8 and 1.3ohms regulated I build from .3ohm to 3ohm.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

adam1997gipe

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Out of my TFV8, I like to run around 120. I like a nice warm vape. Reminds me a little more of a cigarette. But it normally depends on the tank. I ran my Crown as 80-100w, and my Kanger subtank around 50w. Using a dual battery device, batteries aren't really a problem, even at 130. If I'm not at home with my charger & spare batteries, I'm not necessarily using it enough to kill them anyway

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm all over. anywhere from .1 to .5 wattage depends on the build.

Tar Heel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only coil I use is NiCr 80 Fused Clapton 2x 28 / 38 single coil approx. .5 ohms and I like it at 420 F, 30 W, 4.5% FSK curve in xxx mode on my HOHM Slice and G2. I like a pretty cool vape. It gives me good flavor at these settings and battery life is great.

adam1997gipe

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only coil I use is NiCr 80 Fused Clapton 2x 28 / 38 single coil approx. .5 ohms and I like it at 420 F, 30 W, 4.5% FSK curve in xxx mode on my HOHM Slice and G2. I like a pretty cool vape. It gives me good flavor at these settings and battery life is great.
I've never gotten temp. control to work for me. I've just never been able to find that hit I'm looking for. It's always been to cool of a hit for me, but I've only tried out of a tank, never an rda

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've never gotten temp. control to work for me. I've just never been able to find that hit I'm looking for. It's always been to cool of a hit for me, but I've only tried out of a tank, never an rda
depends on what device you are using and what tanks/builds you are using.

adam1997gipe

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
depends on what device you are using and what tanks/builds you are using.
I've tried it on a Kanger subtank, and a Crown tank using a Sigelei 213 and a VTbox with a DNA 200. I've looked into trying it again since my Sigelei has TCR/TFR functions if that helps at all

Tar Heel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never used Temp Control before getting the Slice and the G2 but these guys on here explained how so well that I gave it a shot and I really like it better than just in watts mode.
Thanks everybody

McAnythingReally

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I generally have 2 ranges I run in:
Out and about/Work- 25-40W
Home: Anywhere from 50-150W
When I am home I tend to cycle through my more powerful builds, generally at home I tend to stay above 50+ watts. Especially lately as I have been using my Noisy Cricket the most at home, with a build clocking in at .4

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've tried it on a Kanger subtank, and a Crown tank using a Sigelei 213 and a VTbox with a DNA 200. I've looked into trying it again since my Sigelei has TCR/TFR functions if that helps at all
Sig 213 doens't do temp control. it says it does but it really deosn't and is dangerous if you are using nickel coils. VTbox you need to make sure you are on the right profile for the metal you use. also crown coils are very incosistent and for TC aren't the best since they use different wire for leads in their NI200 coils. You should try TC with a better setup made for it. VTbox is great for TC, just get an atty that has SS coils or a rebuild able one and but some SS wire and throw it on the VTbox. it's night and day difference

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good question.

I am literally all over the place....

I regularly (daily) vape at 13w (1.8ohms), 30-40w (0.5-0.6ohms) and 120w (0.15ohms). AND I regularly use mech mods as well.

I honestly love all types of vaping. Today I am using a Smok TFV8 @120w/0.15ohms and a Kabuki @13w/1.8ohms. I obviously adjust my nic percentages based on wattage.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I forgot my other most used mods... I also like to vape on the lower side. I use my serpent mini with a .8 ohm single coil at 28w on my Snow Wolf Mini and a tug boat v2 with a .3 single Clapton at 38w on a hcigar DNA75 Nano.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Right now on my Baby Beast I'm using the stock Q2 Coil and I find the best wattage for me is 52.5... weird. :crazy:

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I run .15 ohm at 470 degrees and 40 watts. And I run .5 ohm SSOCC or Clapton coils at 40 watts sometimes a bit less, like 36 watts.

pagandevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wattage anywhere from 60 up to 150, depending on the build.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just started vaping but mainly vape at 40w with freemax starre .05 ohm using istick 100wtc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I vape between 4.2V and 5V at resistances between 0.2Ω and 2,2Ω

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used to use a lot of series mods. Now I squonk or use small DNAs. I generally am between 23 - 32 watts. Even on my squonk mechs. I use small attys - Origen Little, NarDa, etc. Single coils. RTAs I use Goblin V3, Goblin V1, Serpent mini and the like. Also use my Pico a lot. This is my newest set up...

BIQvTbl.jpg

... 22.9 watts with a .6 single strand 26 gauge kanthal. It's a micro coil of course.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
80-100 watts.... POWER MODE!
TC MODE
600F 90 watts work mode vape!
Whatever works for you VAPE ON

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I mostly vape at 65 watts. But I also vape at 17 watts and up to the max of my iStick's 200 watt limit depending on the coils / tank or RDA I'm using.
As for coil resistance, I have builds as high as 1.65 down to 0.2. All of my coil builds are Kanthal A1 except for my notch coils and stock KangerTech Ni-200 and SSOCC coils.

Shawn

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm all over the place to be honest.

I have some builds that are a bit more beastly, such as dual fused Claptons or Aliens at around 0.2-0.4 and 80 or so watts, if I am using a single coil on an old faithful like a subtank mini, I use standard 26G Kanthal at around 0.7-8, and 20-25 watts, then there is TC.

For TC, I mainly now use SS316L, and prefer 26G. Dual coils usually turn out around 0.22-25, and I vape these around 240C at around 35W.

Ti turns out a lot lower in resistance, but I vape this fairly low wattage too.

I enjoy the different styles though depending on my mood, and also my intended use. If I want to be more stealthy, I will use a higher resistance build, with smaller, thinner wire at lower power settings. When I fancy going a bit mad at home, I use one of the more beefy builds.

Does anyone else enjoy quite a bit of variation in their setups?

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Does anyone else enjoy quite a bit of variation in their setups?
Being still fairly new to vaping, I'm always building different types of coils from standard micro and macro to single core Claptons and Twisted Claptons etc.. to find out what type of wire / build / resistance / batteries effect vapor production and flavor. Although I quickly found that Claptons look way easier than they are to build. But it's still a lot of fun to experiment and thankfully, wire is cheap. I'm gonna start building fused Claptons and Aliens here soon as well.

Here are some pics of my first Twisted Clapton and a single core Clapton along with some standard builds. My 32g/24g Kanthal single core Clapton gave me a bit of trouble with either the core breaking in the chuck or the wrap would keep doubling over itself or the spacing would get too wide. And so out of the 1ft piece I started with, ended up being a single 2.5mm i.d. 5 wrap coil.

Shawn

Attachments

• tmp_11753-20161225_130309-359346724.jpg
    tmp_11753-20161225_130309-359346724.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 11
  • tmp_11753-20170101_181021-2124662888.jpg
    tmp_11753-20170101_181021-2124662888.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 10
  • tmp_11753-20161227_115915-118749761.jpg
    tmp_11753-20161227_115915-118749761.jpg
    694.9 KB · Views: 11
  • tmp_11753-20170108_1042211097142446.jpg
    tmp_11753-20170108_1042211097142446.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 12

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Being still fairly new to vaping, I'm always building different types of coils from standard micro and macro to single core Claptons and Twisted Claptons etc.. to find out what type of wire / build / resistance / batteries effect vapor production and flavor. Although I quickly found that Claptons look way easier than they are to build. But it's still a lot of fun to experiment and thankfully, wire is cheap. I'm gonna start building fused Claptons and Aliens here soon as well.

Here are some pics of my first Twisted Clapton and a single core Clapton along with some standard builds. My 32g/24g Kanthal single core Clapton gave me a bit of trouble with either the core breaking in the chuck or the wrap would keep doubling over itself or the spacing would get too wide. And so out of the 1ft piece I started with, ended up being a single 2.5mm i.d. coil.

Shawn
Some nice builds there mate, I remember experimenting with loads of wire types, and different gauges when new to building too.

I found for me, I eventually settled on simple 26G Kanthal Micro coils, then SS 316L for TC. I do like Claptons, and also enjoyed making them myself whilst learning. Now I am a bit more lazy though, and if I want Claptons/Fused claptons, I have a lot of premades from Fasttech that I use lol.

I notice your name is Vaping Guitarist, I play guitar too. I have a ESP LTD MH1000 as my main guitar, and a Blackstar HT5 M with the 4x8 Cab, and mainly am into rock and metal. What do you use, and what styles of music do you mainly play?

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Some nice builds there mate, I remember experimenting with loads of wire types, and different gauges when new to building too.

I found for me, I eventually settled on simple 26G Kanthal Micro coils, then SS 316L for TC. I do like Claptons, and also enjoyed making them myself whilst learning. Now I am a bit more lazy though, and if I want Claptons/Fused claptons, I have a lot of premades from Fasttech that I use lol.

I notice your name is Vaping Guitarist, I play guitar too. I have a ESP LTD MH1000 as my main guitar, and a Blackstar HT5 M with the 4x8 Cab, and mainly am into rock and metal. What do you use, and what styles of music do you mainly play?

Thanks for the compliments. It's always cool to meet a fellow musician.
Those MH-1000's are sweet! I'd love one in blue. Those quilted maple tops are amazing! And the Blackstar amps are killer tone machines! They sound just as good as any high end Marshall or Bogner and cost less.

My current gear is a 2011 Gibson 60's Tribute Studio Gold Top Les Paul w/ P-90's
2004 Epiphone Ace Frehley signature series Les Paul Custom Classic w/ 3 DiMarzio Super Distortion pick ups with upgraded wiring, pots, caps, switch and jack.
I had a 1987 Gibson SG Elite USA w/ Kahler locking trem. Unfortunately, the neck strap screw came out while playing and it hit a concrete floor headstock first. :( I was able to repair it and it still played fine, but I ended up selling it a short time later.
My amp / effects gear is a Crate V100 tube head and matching 4x12 cab. I also have a Marshall 4x12 cab loaded with 75th Anniversary Celestion G12H's.
I have a Digitech GNX4 for effects but I mainly use it for recording at home and I just use the foot switch that came with my Crate for any live stuff. I find that the straight tube sound is much better than any digital effect.

I also have a 2014 Fender Squire P-bass that I currently play in a female fronted 3 guitar 70's-early 90's rock and classic metal band.For $179.00, you cannot beat that Squire! It plays and sounds just as good as any more expensive Fender.

As for the type of music, I play all types of rock, metal, blues and some southern rock style country. Pretty much everything from AC/DC to ZZ Top. With an emphasis on the older classis rock and classic metal like KISS, Dio, Heart and Black Sabbath / Ozzy etc....

Here is a pic of my guitars.

Shawn

Attachments

• tmp_17838-774124_522619164426878_533935932_o-359346724.jpg
    tmp_17838-774124_522619164426878_533935932_o-359346724.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

VU Sponsors