Become a Patron!

Well Hello

JamesD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys! I'm a 30ish guy former college athelete once in peak condition who never thought my life would come crashing down due to a physical disability, but it did about 10 years ago. I tried various medications some with very pernicious side effects and eventually had an organ removed. I am still struggling as I have a degenerative bone condition in addition to the original affliction and also now suffer from fibromyalgia. I have to try very hard to make it each day but the clock ticks on.

I was actually advised to try nicotine by a doctor (they don't RX it I don't believe). When I originally came on the forum I was kind of put off/run off by some who speculated that was a fallacy but whatever. A few bad apples don't spoil the bunch right?

So I started off smoking cigs and cigars and then chain smoking cigs and cigars and realized that probably wasn't a good long term plan and continued to drive past local vape shops. I eventually went in and purchased a cheap e stick and found I wasn't getting the same relief (which led me to post here inquiring what to do). I then got an FU type stick that was stronger and things got better. Thanks to your advice I now have a 50w device that works very well for me. I still struggle with a lot of pain and pain control issues, but any relief is good relief. Anyway, I always get great advice here so I'm hoping to build with some of you.

Cheers!

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys! I'm a 30ish guy former college athelete once in peak condition who never thought my life would come crashing down due to a physical disability, but it did about 10 years ago. I tried various medications some with very pernicious side effects and eventually had an organ removed. I am still struggling as I have a degenerative bone condition in addition to the original affliction and also now suffer from fibromyalgia. I have to try very hard to make it each day but the clock ticks on.

I was actually advised to try nicotine by a doctor (they don't RX it I don't believe). When I originally came on the forum I was kind of put off/run off by some who speculated that was a fallacy but whatever. A few bad apples don't spoil the bunch right?

So I started off smoking cigs and cigars and then chain smoking cigs and cigars and realized that probably wasn't a good long term plan and continued to drive past local vape shops. I eventually went in and purchased a cheap e stick and found I wasn't getting the same relief (which led me to post here inquiring what to do). I then got an FU type stick that was stronger and things got better. Thanks to your advice I now have a 50w device that works very well for me. I still struggle with a lot of pain and pain control issues, but any relief is good relief. Anyway, I always get great advice here so I'm hoping to build with some of you.

Cheers!
The nicotine helps alleviate the pain?

JamesD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It helps alleviate the pain somewhat but it moreso generally keeps problematic issues in the body under control so that as much pain doesn't develop

I've been on FAR more dangerous drugs to treat my conditions. I've been rushed to the ER due to some of my other meds.

So maybe I don't look at nic as the outlandish evil that others might.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello and welcome . You can get all the advice and opinions you want here (more than you may want lol ) . Nice to have you around . Hope things get better .

JamesD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello and welcome . You can get all the advice and opinions you want here (more than you may want lol ) . Nice to have you around . Hope things get better .
Thanks man I appreciate any well wishes. It can be brutal just keeping going.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome James to VU, Hope you enjoy the forum & getting to know it's members, Glad your here:)

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh. Let us know if you have an questions or need anythint.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU

PitVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
large.png

smoothdraw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow...a doctor who actually prescribed nicotine. That's pretty visonary if you ask me, and goes to show that it's not necessarily such a bad substance- it's just the other stuff in a cig that's undesireable. Anyway- hope this gives you the relief you're looking for. Welcome to the forum, James!

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, James. Interesting history. Hope this path gives you some relief.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Greetings and welcome

VU Sponsors