Become a Patron!

Well, Hi

Hello there!

Short story:

Smoke free since August 22nd. I guess about a month and a half.

Longer story:

I tried e cigs a few years ago via green smoke...yeah. It was somewhat ok but the cartos just tasted bad after a short time. I stopped e cigs and went back to smoking.

Smoked until I recently got in contact with a childhood friend who I haven't talked to for over a decade. For whatever reason, me made contact.

He vapes and as I was smoking on the phone he talked up his nautilus and various e liquid makers.

So, I ordered a nautilus and an ego style battery. Also some sample packs of liquid. Tried ALOT (man that must be the most daunting thing about it all, even moreso than the equipment).

A world apart from traditional e cigs. Then I busted into the world of sub ohm tanks with a triton. Got a 100watt mod. Not only can't I look back to cigs, I have zero desire to.

I'm still searching for those couple of liquids that I can settle down with, but after a month or so, i've got a couple nautiluses, a couple tritons, some good liquid and all seems good.

Then I found this site.

In a short time, i've gone from a smoker to a vaping newbie to someone who is about to start making my own coils and experiment with DIY liquid.

And in that short time, cigarettes have been nothing more than a passing thought, almost like an echo of something that I once knew and is about to fade away for good.

Cheers.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Good to have you here

thanks! Although I must say that i've had a bit of problem logging into VU live to chat. Is there a requirement?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
thanks! Although I must say that i've had a bit of problem logging into VU live to chat. Is there a requirement?
It's separate, actually. Did you check your email for a confirmation? I honestly can't remember if that was part of the process, it's been so long since I made my acct there.

Love your avatar huckleberried by the way.

All I do is go to VU live and when I try to chat, it pops up the login thing. but it stalls after the info is entered. I guess it will work out over time.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You created an account there, too, right? After I sign in, I see a little box pop up that says "processing.... ok" then it disappears after a few seconds. upload_2015-10-4_20-48-44.png

wow, thanks for that. I just used the VU live link from vaping underground main page and it would stall at "processing" when I tried to chat.

I went to vaper.tv and it seems to work now.

Thanks!

Just weird that the VU live link seems to be different.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I always go to the site. It's a bigger view and I just got used to it, lol. Glad you're in!

Congrats on cutting back on cigarettes!!! I got into vaping for that very thing. Good luck on the journey.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU! Great intro. I'm following a similar path but at a slower pace than you. LOL

VU Sponsors