Become a Patron!

What’s Really Going On in China? COPIED from v4p3r.com

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
He did vape a turd once, I guess Dmitri made it as a joke. He gave it some thumbs up too.
He also puffed a peter..
Alas it was a dick shaped mod but still.

I remember some time ago There was a class action suit with phone companies in the southern states that the "water damage" indicator in phones was showing water damage just from the humidity...and that the phone companies where getting out of a lot of phone problems stating it was from water when in fact it wasn't....The phone companies lost...I remember something being said about the world is 70+% water and that the "water damage" indicators were to sensitive...The phone companies had to make them less sensitive

From someone who repaired nearly 100k of the little bastards (phones) I can tell you that the battery litmus was not the end all indicator, but it does say "look closer!" Sometimes I could miracle a repair and would piece it together for them to have a functional device.

They were about 95% of the time dead on that there was liquid (I never said water because I found out people never thought piss, septic tank, full shitty toilets, rain and the worst one a full construction outhouse were damaging and liquid). I had one dude asked what did I mean liquid.. he did not like the not a solid and less than a gas answer.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I especially like the reviews when a reviewer gets a primo mechanical mod. I saw one (forget the reviewer) where the mod was titanium and had 18 karat solid gold contacts with a gold plated silver spring in the switch. Get ready for vape budget hands, $850. Why the fuck would they even review something that only 1 out of a million people would buy? Because they got it sent to them for free.

For $850 I want hookers and Champagne to come with the mod.
I bought 2 of them:rolleyes:

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
He also puffed a peter..
Alas it was a dick shaped mod but still.

From someone who repaired nearly 100k of the little bastards (phones) I can tell you that the battery litmus was not the end all indicator, but it does say "look closer!" Sometimes I could miracle a repair and would piece it together for them to have a functional device.

They were about 95% of the time dead on that there was liquid (I never said water because I found out people never thought piss, septic tank, full shitty toilets, rain and the worst one a full construction outhouse were damaging and liquid). I had one dude asked what did I mean liquid.. he did not like the not a solid and less than a gas answer.
This was some time ago (years)...I think this was what was going on at that time if I remember right...Phone crapped out (Not due to water)...Customer goes to phone carrier store to have it looked by repair guy in store... the guy says "This phone has had water damage I can see from indicator so the warranty is void so you have to get a new phone"...It was going on that much that it had a class action law suit...The court found out it was true and that the phone carriers were using that as a as a piss poor excuse to make the customer by a new phone from them ...So I guess after that the phone carriers had to make the indicator less sensitive to Humidity and if the indicator does show some form of water was present they have to look into it a bit more rather then just telling the Customer indicator shows water damage buy a new phone right off the batt...If I can find the info on that law suit I'll post it..but again it was years ago

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This was some time ago (years)...I think this was what was going on at that time if I remember right...Phone crapped out (Not due to water)...Customer goes to phone carrier store to have it looked by repair guy in store... the guy says "This phone has had water damage I can see from indicator so the warranty is void so you have to get a new phone"...It was going on that much that it had a class action law suit...The court found out it was true and that the phone carriers were using that as a as a piss poor excuse to make the customer by a new phone from them ...So I guess after that the phone carriers had to make the indicator less sensitive to Humidity and if the indicator does show some form of water was present they have to look into it a bit more rather then just telling the Customer indicator shows water damage buy a new phone right off the batt...If I can find the info on that law suit I'll post it..but again it was years ago
I had someone tell me their phone got wet at disneyland one time.. kept that story up to and including when a chunk of shit slid out of the back of it. He got his phone back in parts, with the shit in a baggy.

If the battery ldi was tripped I looked close, and no corrosion or other indicators of liquid I cleaned the board, noted it on the account and swapped the battery. I would only flag the phone as damaged if it was.
In the same breath saw one where the ldi were not tripped, not other signs of liquid present except the screen, when the tech opened the phone there was cooked rice with water in the slide... the tech asked the customer how in the hell that happened... their response was all time classic.. "it is from china ya know!"

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I found a Facebook on the water damage...I don't know if it's from the same one I was talking about...I thought the one I was talking about was in the 90's...maybe it wasn't
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cell-Phone-Water-Damage-Class-Action-Lawsuit/140622695956814
I have heard all those.
People cannot fathom if it is in your pocket and picking up THAT much sweat to condense and collect for direct contact on the LDI in the pocket... then the internals of the phone are soaked. 100% of sweat phones were corroding internally.
Motorola, Samsung, LG and HTC went to direct contact LDI years ago.. meaning unless there was liquid directly in contact with the LDI it was not going to trip.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have heard all those.
People cannot fathom if it is in your pocket and picking up THAT much sweat to condense and collect for direct contact on the LDI in the pocket... then the internals of the phone are soaked. 100% of sweat phones were corroding internally.
Motorola, Samsung, LG and HTC went to direct contact LDI years ago.. meaning unless there was liquid directly in contact with the LDI it was not going to trip.
Maybe they changed to that after the lawsuit but before that wasn't the case...if that dot/dots turned red that was it

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You're right with the P3 Sick. The 2.5 was really state of the art at 15watts when released. That was high voltage vaping for that time period. The pinnacle of power and style. But fast forward a few years and the P3 is woefully inadequate for todays vaping standard. I can't even run a decent clearo on it now, like the Atlantis or the Subtank, much less an RDA that is going to perform well. Yes it will fire the Subtank at 20 watts and be barely vapeable (but only if you use the 1.2ohm coil or the rebuild base at higher than 0.7ohm and no more than 20 watts), but it won't even fire an Atlantis or Suntank with the 0.5ohm coil. Sad really for a company like Provape that was a legend in vaping for so long. But P Absurdo had no problem claiming the P3 a resounding success. And this was a $250.00 mod he was recommending to his viewers. Really? He pretty much lost my trust at that point.

You are absolutely correct.
If a mod is going to cost you $200+ dollars it damn well better fire at least each and every fill and vape device on the market
If it can't even manage that then it's a huge fail.
I can understand if an American manufacturer is concerned about super sub ohm drippers and possible liability.
But any device being sold this day in age should be able to properly fire a .5 ohm coil with enough power to be vapeable.
Even the DNA30 board can do that and that's been on the market for close to 2 years.

VU Sponsors