Become a Patron!

What am I doing wrong? Coil Life.

I'm relatively new to vaping. I'm using an eLeaf iStick 20W with a KangerTech Nano subtank. I use a 1.2 ohm coil. I have my battery set to 6.9 W. I was told that I should be able to get up to two weeks out of these coils but I'm currently only getting a few days. Is there a way to extend coil life by changing the settings of my rig? Are there better coils that fit the Nano subtank?

Realistically I would be happy with one full week out of a coil.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all, Welcome To The Underground!

Not knowing how much you vape, I would normally say you could expect 7-10 days out of a coil.

But that would be cut back if you use High VG or strong tobacco or coffee flavors which are known to gunk up coils.

It is always possible that you got a bum bunch of coils as well.

First of all, Welcome To The Underground!

Not knowing how much you vape, I would normally say you could expect 7-10 days out of a coil.

But that would be cut back if you use High VG or strong tobacco or coffee flavors which are known to gunk up coils.

It is always possible that you got a bum bunch of coils as well.
Thank you for the welcome and for the reply. I am using a 50/50 blend but a tobacco blend. Maybe that is my problem. Thanks again.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome :wave:

The juice was my first suspect for sure :ejuice:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have never gotten more than 2 days from any coil head.. I vape NET tobaccos. Protank, Nautilus and Melo 3 tanks used. This is why I started building and rewicking my coilheads during the first month of using them and went to a Rebuildable atty, Kayfun, after 60 days. Got tired of changing coils... It's easier to build a True RBA than a coilhead even if there is a RBA available for the coil head I still rewick every couple days.. But that takes 3 minutes. or less.

VU Sponsors