Become a Patron!

What are some really good sub ohm tanks?

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Guys, I have a TFV4 mini and I do love the quad coils in it as far as blowing clouds go, but it takes like 90 watts to run them (not saying that's a bad thing neciserly but it does drain my batteries pretty fast, and I have an XCube which is meant for higher wattage Vapes... Also, I can't help but notice I get burnt hits on it a lot, and it absolutely sucks at running High VG Juices which kinda takes away the whole "cloud chasing tank things" so I'm wondering what sub ohm tanks people reccomend for not only good clouds but also flavor, and that could handle an 80/20 VG strong mix no problem? I actually feel like sometimes I got a better Vape from my Atlantis 2 even though that was kinda a piece of junk and didn't have top fill I never seemed to get a dry or burnt hit... I've seen reviews for things like the Crown but it seems like most people say the TFV4 is a winner (which like I said it is in many aspects, but the flavor to me is just kinda muted and off point a lot of times randomly, and then it'll get good again) I've been told by my friend it's because the coils are so huge and I love to chain Vape so I probably Vape so much that the juice dosent wick quick enough) but even still, it would be nice not to have to sacrifice the flavor of my juice... What are some of your favorite sub ohm tanks? Yes, I've heard RDAs are better for both clouds and flavor but they just aren't my preference because dripping them constantly just seems like a pain, especially since like I said I chain Vape a lot so yeah throw your favorite sub ohm tank suggestions down below...Thanks!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run 80-90 VG in my Crown tanks with no problems at all - never had a burned hit! Flavor is the best I've ever found in a tank with the 0.25 ohm coils at 65-75 watts.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I use a silobeast with aspire triton 0.4ohm coils. Run 80-90vg without a problem and run them at 35w-40w with a preheat of 60w at 470degrees Gets me plenty of flavor and vapor, no dry hits.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I run 80-90 VG in my Crown tanks with no problems at all - never had a burned hit! Flavor is the best I've ever found in a tank with the 0.25 ohm coils at 65-75 watts.
I did hear the Crown was awesome! Does it have top fill? That's not a major concern of mine but it would be nice to have that since I'm constantly refilling my tank when I'm out and about

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have you tried the clapton coil for the TFV4? There are also a couple of coil decks for it if u want to try building.

Herakles as a daily driver. The coils are resilient if you vape alot, flavor good, decent clouds. It is bottom fill.

Rta tanks maybe option. Building but not need to drip. Aromamizer and Goliath you can buy coils too. Easy to find online not in stores though.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Flavor wise the Haze Dripper tank I got about a week ago is quite wonderful. It's a unique little thing though but might be worth looking into. I'd say Crown is probably what you're looking for though. And one of the reasons the TFv4 w/quad coils especially lacks flavor is the huge amount of air intake. Sure it makes the clouds bigger but they lack the density. So sure you're getting a bunch of juice in, but it's all diluted, the way I think of it is take some drink mix, pour it into a 8oz glass of water and a 16oz glass of water, which is going to satisfy your taste better? Same amount of mix but the 8oz glass will taste better (unless you like watered down stuff).

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That makes sense. My Atlantis 2 makes big but thin clouds, and does not satisfy, just reminds me I would rather smoke. Kanger mini less cloud but thicker, though that was my starter tank and I think many ppl starter tank.

Do some of the drippers have a juice well or maybe 1 ml capacity, so there is some cruising range to it? Is the coil build like the others?

I also have the inclination to try mech mod with tanks but use coils I make with regulated mod, to stay safe while learning. Not sure if logical, but I want to be more self sufficient.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Drippers it depends on a few things, coil, wattage applied, and most of all wicking. I know some who claim up to 20 hits off a scottish roll, but that'd probably be the high side.

That Haze Dripper Tank that I mentioned before is kind of what you're looking for though. Similar to a dripper, could even be used as one, but has a tank placed below it where you can dip your wick into it and you end up with some very flavorful vapes. Better than the tanks I've had/used, but more convenient than a pure dripper. A solid in between.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Perfect.... i see 2.4 ml capacity which is almost the size of an Arctic and bigger than new Sense Mermaid tank.

I also see most are clones due to price. Which are some mfg that we should trust to make good clone of Haze? Do I need to buy anything else for a deck, and anything else to look for b4 order?

Thanks.... You probably saved me plenty of money, and helped me avoid a compromise solution.

Mike

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a clone from 3fvape, no issues with it at all. Considering buying the authentic just to support them because I enjoy the design, but the clones working just fine. It's enough capacity to get me from A to B then a few seconds to refill (really easy). I love it's small sleek design, I went ahead and bought a CF mod from Aspire to go with it, .18Ω build with a VTC4 battery (30 amp) and I'm all safe and set to go with a nice little setup. I actually like this mod better than my XcubeII, but the Xcube at ~50w was a solid vape as well. Taste is better than my TFV4, cloud production is sufficient, I'm a fan. Still use my TFV4 for the "no hassle" option, and my TFv4 Mini for MTL subtle setup. Between these 3 I'm not really in need of anything, the only tank I still look at is the Goblin Mini for MTL, but that bottom refill seems like a pain so I'm waiting for something comparable with a less annoying refill option.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks again...... I like the idea of Aspire C too. Any reason I shouldnt use a regulated mod like my IPV 3 Li in the short term with something like the Haze?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No none at all, I just noticed that this little thing seems to hit just perfect where my regulated mod was great but just not the same.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried the clapton coil for the TFV4? There are also a couple of coil decks for it if u want to try building.

Herakles as a daily driver. The coils are resilient if you vape alot, flavor good, decent clouds. It is bottom fill.

Rta tanks maybe option. Building but not need to drip. Aromamizer and Goliath you can buy coils too. Easy to find online not in stores though.

+1 on the Clapton coil for the TFV4, that's my favorite coil for it hands down for flavor and runs well around 40 to 50 watts.

The new Herekles Plus with the 0.2 ohm SS coil may be my new favorite tank and the only one I actually prefer in TC mode over power. The Plus version is top fill, you just have to make sure and close the juice control when filling or it will leak a little. The kanthal coils for the Herk plus are nice as well but the SS coil in TC mode is a game changer for me and now I really like TC.

My tank for driving around town is the OBS T-VCT as I can top fill it with 6ml of tasty juice and it will last me all day. It provides a flavorful dense cloud between 20 and 30 watts thus saving my batteries as well. The coils last way longer than all the other sub ohm tanks I have, I have gotten more than 3 months of my first coil. They just came out with SS coils for the OBS so I ordered 1 to try out TC with it, I hope it is as good as there kanthal coils.

The Crown is a great tank too, can't go wrong with it.

Picking up a Stentoriam Steam Engine for a gift (had to get one for my-self as well...hehe) and one of my friends is getting me a Mutank as a gift....ahhhhh, the only thing better than vape mail is vape gifts.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Funny. Aspire used to be the go to tank. I have the Uwell, the TFV4, four RTAs ( aromamizer, bellus, haze, crius). My go to work tank is the Triton 2 -

The Triton 2 has never leaked on me, I rarely get a dry hit and I can vape it with so many different coils. The new .5 clapton is great but the new vaporesso ceramic coil fits too as does the atom vapes gold gclapton. This aside from freemax, silo and other aspire coils. I just have so much choice with this tank.

Don't get me wrong. I am a bit of a collector with numerous mods both regulated and mech. I must have eight tanks and four RTAs and a dozen RDAs. I just think the Triton 2 is not getting the respect it deserves. Currently i run on my XVoStick at 36 watts power setting with the .5 clapton. The mod is a DNA40 I don't even bother with the nickel coils. The taste is just excellent. I'm going to try the vaporesso ceramic when they become readily available as I've heard they are also great for flavor.

The Triton is easy to clean and is top fill. The problem with the Crown and TFV4 is that they need power to vape well. That means lugging around a dual battery mod and using up a lot of juice a day. I'm okay at night with them - I'm vaping my TFV 4 right now at 70 watts with the tri coil on a cheap IStick 100. Tastes fine but no better than my Triton 2.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No none at all, I just noticed that this little thing seems to hit just perfect where my regulated mod was great but just not the same.

Jerus- I looked again and had to order the Aspire CF Maxx. Did not realize a tube could now handle 50w. Will be less conspicuous at work, and fine for the Kanger too. Many vapers here but not out in the open like in other parts of the US.

I also grabbed a Koopor 200 as a backup to my IPV 3 Li. It was very cheap and who knows if they will stay this cheap and easy to get.

Comoared to when I started 4 months ago, the technology and prices are already much better now.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Guys, I have a TFV4 mini and I do love the quad coils in it as far as blowing clouds go, but it takes like 90 watts to run them (not saying that's a bad thing neciserly but it does drain my batteries pretty fast, and I have an XCube which is meant for higher wattage Vapes... Also, I can't help but notice I get burnt hits on it a lot, and it absolutely sucks at running High VG Juices which kinda takes away the whole "cloud chasing tank things" so I'm wondering what sub ohm tanks people reccomend for not only good clouds but also flavor, and that could handle an 80/20 VG strong mix no problem? I actually feel like sometimes I got a better Vape from my Atlantis 2 even though that was kinda a piece of junk and didn't have top fill I never seemed to get a dry or burnt hit... I've seen reviews for things like the Crown but it seems like most people say the TFV4 is a winner (which like I said it is in many aspects, but the flavor to me is just kinda muted and off point a lot of times randomly, and then it'll get good again) I've been told by my friend it's because the coils are so huge and I love to chain Vape so I probably Vape so much that the juice dosent wick quick enough) but even still, it would be nice not to have to sacrifice the flavor of my juice... What are some of your favorite sub ohm tanks? Yes, I've heard RDAs are better for both clouds and flavor but they just aren't my preference because dripping them constantly just seems like a pain, especially since like I said I chain Vape a lot so yeah throw your favorite sub ohm tank suggestions down below...Thanks!
Hey there, Merry Christmas!

I have the same problem with my tfv4 mini, I have to run it at 55w at the very least with the Clapton Dual Coils in. Eats up my battery real fast. I found myself always going back to my Triton 2.

The Triton 2 has really great flavor and it's built like a tank compared to the tfv4m. I run the .5 Clapton included in the box at 25w and I'm happily vaping the whole day and then some. My mod is an evic vtc mini which is a single 18650 so I do prefer to run my coils efficiently which im not getting with the tfv4m. Looking to sell it and try out the Uwell Crown as my spare tank. I just love the Triton 2, really glad I got it as my first tank.

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey there, Merry Christmas!

I have the same problem with my tfv4 mini, I have to run it at 55w at the very least with the Clapton Dual Coils in. Eats up my battery real fast. I found myself always going back to my Triton 2.

The Triton 2 has really great flavor and it's built like a tank compared to the tfv4m. I run the .5 Clapton included in the box at 25w and I'm happily vaping the whole day and then some. My mod is an evic vtc mini which is a single 18650 so I do prefer to run my coils efficiently which im not getting with the tfv4m. Looking to sell it and try out the Uwell Crown as my spare tank. I just love the Triton 2, really glad I got it as my first tank.
Thanks, Merry Christmas to you too! I did hear good things about the Triton... Except apperantly you can't really see the Juice too well with it... I'm really just looking for a nice flavorful Vape with good clouds

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, Merry Christmas to you too! I did hear good things about the Triton... Except apperantly you can't really see the Juice too well with it... I'm really just looking for a nice flavorful Vape with good clouds
The triton im talking about is the triton v2, it has a replaceable pyrex tank and you can totally monitor your juice. I'm thinking you're referring to the original triton?

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Since you guys are talking about Aspire tanks, their new Cleito tank is about to be released. There might be some youtube vids......

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah looks like it'll be tasty with the coils/wick up so far, my only concern would be spitback.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I'm very happy with my Triton 2 but I have a lot of mods and will be giving the cleito a real good look. Seems promising.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since you guys are talking about Aspire tanks, their new Cleito tank is about to be released. There might be some youtube vids......
Waiting for this one as well but for now, thencrown seems very promising. Nothing will replace my triton 2 though, flavor and clouds really come in at 30w. But I also love the flavor it gives at 25w. Bih clouds too.

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I love my Triton 2 with the .5 ohm Clapton coils. Recommendation is 40-45w but I really enjoy mine at 35w

Posted via my phablet using Tapatalk

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My first tank was the orginal Arctic and I couldn't have been happier with it.
I'm trying out the new Arctic V8, suppose to rival the TFV4 in clouds and flavor. I personally haven't tried the TFV4 yet, but I'm enjoying this tank so far. Top fill. Many coil options as well. But it does require some power.
Fan of the Triton 2 as well, Clapton coil all the way.
I plan to try out some of the other tanks people have recommended as well.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I run 80vg on my crown as I type works fine not dry hits and the coils last and last! Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently picked up a Halo Reactor kit. Fwiw i have been using it for months now with out a single leak or issue. HUGE clouds and either a .5 or .2 dual vertical coils this thing has a ton of flavor and makes massive clouds.

a8c5efb38da2ab1e04873e4a97fba438.jpg

Al Day Vape

Member For 4 Years
I just got the iStick TC60W that comes with the Melo 2 tank. It's really smooth, nice clouds with the 0.3ohm Kanthal coil around 42 watts. Excellent flavor. It holds 4.5ml I believe, looks awesome, and best of all is a top fill. You can also get Ti and Ni coils for it (0.5ohm and 0.15ohm respectively). I've been running 80VG with no problems at all.

Last edited:

lo_vis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Herakles plus, it has top fill also. As well as a top airflow that comes down to touch your coils before coming backup so the taste is just on point.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
What are some of your favorite sub ohm tanks? Yes, I've heard RDAs are better for both clouds and flavor but they just aren't my preference because dripping them constantly just seems like a pain, especially since like I said I chain Vape a lot so yeah throw your favorite sub ohm tank suggestions down below...Thanks!
I don't have a lot of experience, or experience with a wide range of tanks, but of the two RTAs I have, an OBS Crius and EHPro/Eciggity Billow V2 Nano: The BV2N produces a denser, more flavourful vape with an identical build.

Don't discount RDAs, though. I had the same feeling: That they'd be inconvenient. I'm now using a couple of them, a Plume Veil clone and a Marquis clone, around the house. Both of them, with single coils, produce as much vapour and flavour as either of my RTAs have, with dual-coil setups. I run mine at about 25W.

As for "reloading" RDAs: I recently acquired some Elfwick and wicked my Marquis clone with it. Very nice. I'm getting around ten vapes with it, before having to re-wet. No dry hits, per se, because, with the Elfwick, you can tell it's running low before going straight to burn mode. I've read that Scottish roll wicking works similarly.

VU Sponsors