Become a Patron!

What are the best batteries for a super sub own build?

RayceCarr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a .04 ohm build on a custom unregulated series hammer of god box mod and was wondering what are the best batteries to use?

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hope you mean 0.4
HoG uses 4 batteries in serial/parallel configuration, which means you're pushing 8.4V (max without calculating voltage drop) and the load is divided between 2 pairs, so around 45-50A for 30A batteries.

8.4V @ 0.04 ohm is 210A

RayceCarr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hope you mean 0.4
HoG uses 4 batteries in serial/parallel configuration, which means you're pushing 8.4V (max without calculating voltage drop) and the load is divided between 2 pairs, so around 45-50A for 30A batteries.

8.4V @ 0.04 ohm is 210A
No I do mean .04 but I haven't used it because it is to low and I knew my batteries couldn't handle it I was just wondering if anything would be able to power it safely and if not I will up my ohms

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No I do mean .04 but I haven't used it because it is to low and I knew my batteries couldn't handle it I was just wondering if anything would be able to power it safely and if not I will up my ohms
No.. There are no batteries that could handle that high amperage. Please bro, don't wind up in the hospital needing plastic surgery.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be safe up you resistance to 0.2 and at 8.4V you are still going to get 350W (42A) or get a mod that can run 4 batteries in parallel at 0.05 for the same result (84A).
Use only batteries with actual 30A rating like Sony VTC3 or LG HB2,4,6

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@RayceCarr If you are fucking dumb enough to proceed... by all means vape away from people so when shit goes sideways the only person you hurt is yourself.

RayceCarr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@RayceCarr If you are fucking dumb enough to proceed... by all means vape away from people so when shit goes sideways the only person you hurt is yourself.
If you read what I said I clearly said I haven't used it because the ohms are to low I just have it built I haven't messed with it since I built it because like I said my ohms are to low and I asked a simple question that someone already answered for me

VU Sponsors