Become a Patron!

What coil to use?

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is probably a dead horse so to speak, but I have so many tanks that take the evod/protank heads I'm trying to figure out what coil I should be using. Granted I do need an upgrade (eventually, as finances allow) haven't rebuilt and may down the line. I've mostly been buying from fast tech, just because it's cheap. However seems I go for the cheap stuff and end up getting crap, or I just haven't found the magic sku. Curious to see what any suggestions might be. I like the fact with these plastic tanks I don't have to worry so much about breakage, I'm super clumsy sometimes, & my budget is so limited. I do have 1 aspire ce5 I wanna try a bvc in, but I'm even seeing on those that they're not all the same, different vendors carrying different versions, yadda yadda. Sorry if this topic has been discussed a million times over. Always found useful information here, even the folks that just magically start posting about dripping when that's something I'll possibly look at down the road lol, but not as of yet. I also have some mt3s tanks I may try to recover, but this nasty e liquid I've been using has tainted them so bad and they do tend to leak. Also noticed with mine anyway they are VERY picky about which heads will even fit properly, as they don't wanna fully screw in to the tank itself because of the lip on the base.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Also saw a really good price on boge f16 carto tanks from a few vendors, some loved, some hated. Mixed feelings on that.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Please, in one sentence, summarize the question you are asking. If you're asking where to get Kanger heads cheap, 101vape is reasonable.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry, got carried away. Which coil heads do you reccomend? Single, dual coil, authentic, clone, and yes of course price lol.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For what tank?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I can only speak personally, but I just buy them from the above mentioned place. They run about a buck or so each. If you're into it you can rebuild them much much cheaper (search for that on youtube and you'll find instructional videos) but I'm too lazy for that. I don't buy any cloned crap. You get what you pay for. I'm not sure evods or portanks are compatible with dual coils, so there's that. I'm not all knowing, so if they are, let me know, maybe I'll try them some time.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
https://m.fasttech.com/p/1684200
Ordered some of these that haven't showed up yet and may not for a month or so, slow tech. Reviews looked good, just trying to find something locally other than my local shops that charge like 2 or 3 bucks a pop.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Definitely liking 101s prices and the shipping cost didn't seem too outrageous, cheaper than ft on some things.

Have you tried rebuilding you coil head? Order some 30G Kenthal and 2mm silica and save a lot of $$. There is alot of vids on rebuilding on YouTube if you have the time to watch and take notes...

VU Sponsors