Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Nothing but vape for last several days. Also, sadly, been avoiding VU because I'm feeling an attack of shinyitus and I'm on a vape gear moratorium. Trying to save money for our trip to Colorado in a few months. Maybe I'll buy some more nic on payday. Maybe that will appease the shineyitus gods for a bit.

So maybe try some other threads instead of Hand Check or Vape Mail. That’s what I do when I don’t want to be tempted by shiny new gear. :hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Mixed 120ml of juice. That's a little over 2 weeks of vape for me. Literally took me 14 minutes.
Would have taken me an hour and a half to drive to my closest b and m to buy juice. Not to mention the money saved.

What flavor did you mix? I love not having to buy juice anymore, unless I’m curious about one I’ve heard about. But I actually like the stuff I mix better than anything I’ve been buying. Yay!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made me a new wallpaper for my phone.

4e3bb65947d6fb4e0205cbd020e699d6.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away
I've been using this one for a while now-
crop-1.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey @nadalama, you posted about finding a dual coil RDA that you like? I mean we both usually love single coil RDAs. But you got one that's maybe making you rethink things about dual coil RDAs?

I think I found a dual coiler that I really like a lot. I don't care for the deck or the way to set it up. But by golly this thing vapes awesome. It might be my favorite dual coil RDA because I can't stop using it.

It's weird too because I only got it because it was new-ish, and on sale for only ten bucks (MFS). I almost didn't even get it.. Ok enough with the suspense.. It's the Hellvape Passage. I think the airflow has a lot to do with it.

I only used regular round SS wire, 26ga. I wrapped two coils around a 3mm jig, 6 wraps each. Then I spaced them and put them in the clamp thingies. Anyways, they look pretty small in there. Looks like lots of open chamber, but the flavor is awesome.

All I did was imagine how the air would flow, and put my coils in where I thought the airstream would be. It worked I'd say. Like I said, this thing doesn't make sense when looking at it. Others on videos are cranking over 100W through theirs. I'm at 48W and loving it! I might go back and see if I can snag a couple more of them before they're all gone.

I think why I usually didn't like most dual coil RDAs was too much airflow or just not the right kind I wanted. This one isn't so airy even at it most open setting. I can also squonk the hell out of it, and it doesn't leak. I could care less about the antibacterial drip tip lol.

Edit to add a picture for those who aren't familiar-
08.jpg

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey @nadalama, you posted about finding a dual coil RDA that you like? I mean we both usually love single coil RDAs. But you got one that's maybe making you rethink things about dual coil RDAs?

I think I found a dual coiler that I really like a lot. I don't care for the deck or the way to set it up. But by golly this thing vapes awesome. It might be my favorite dual coil RDA because I can't stop using it.

It's weird too because I only got it because it was new-ish, and on sale for only ten bucks (MFS). I almost didn't even get it.. Ok enough with the suspense.. It's the Hellvape Passage. I think the airflow has a lot to do with it.

I only used regular round SS wire, 26ga. I wrapped two coils around a 3mm jig, 6 wraps each. Then I spaced them and put them in the clamp thingies. Anyways, they look pretty small in there. Looks like lots of open chamber, but the flavor is awesome.

All I did was imagine how the air would flow, and put my coils in where I thought the airstream would be. It worked I'd say. Like I said, this thing doesn't make sense when looking at it. Others on videos are cranking over 100W through theirs. I'm at 48W and loving it! I might go back and see if I can snag a couple more of them before they're all gone.

I think why I usually didn't like most dual coil RDAs was too much airflow or just not the right kind I wanted. This one isn't so airy even at it most open setting. I can also swuonk the hell out of it, and it doesn't leak. I could cate less about the antibacterial drip tip lol.

Edit to add a picture for those who aren't familiar-
08.jpg

That's great news! I've had other dual coilers before, but it's really nice to run across one that really does it for ya, eh? I'll keep the Passage in mind for later (if indeed there IS a later). Thanks for letting me know, though.

The one I like, the Voopoo Pericles, cannot be had for a good price anywhere that I've been able to find. If you see one lying in a bin somewhere, please let me know! :)

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed 120ml of juice. That's a little over 2 weeks of vape for me. Literally took me 14 minutes.
Would have taken me an hour and a half to drive to my closest b and m to buy juice. Not to mention the money saved.
I wish I'd not taken so long to get into the DIY game. Now I'm trying to play catch up with nic and other consumables before the FDA fucks us.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I'd not taken so long to get into the DIY game. Now I'm trying to play catch up with nic and other consumables before the FDA fucks us.
Flavorings, PG and VG should not be an issue just focus on the NIC.

the nic tax should not kick in for a while. It takes 180 days after passage to kick in. At least the original 2 nic tax bills did.
And freebase nic is not covered in the May 12 date.
but I would still get it asap. you never know.

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ordered up gallon of VG. Should have enough to get through the next week before it comes in. It's kind of unfortunate that walmart apparently doesn't carry the little $3.50 bottles of 120ml I used to buy to get me through if I didn't get around to ordering before running out.

Oh well, it was only $24 for the gallon and should last awhile.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ordered up gallon of VG. Should have enough to get through the next week before it comes in. It's kind of unfortunate that walmart apparently doesn't carry the little $3.50 bottles of 120ml I used to buy to get me through if I didn't get around to ordering before running out.

so, why did you wait so long ?

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You, me and countless others. I have roughly a 6 month supply of nic on hand. I need to buy more before it's too late.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I always get mine at River Supply Co. (Formerly NicRiver). It's $14 a gallon I think? Anyways, I try to buy it durring a sale to save even more. They have free shipping when you spend over 50 so I do that too. VG is heavy stuff and free shipping helps out a lot.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today I opened my mailbox and was greeted by a white brass unicorn mech with matching rda.
I proceeded to open, dismantle and clean. Reassembled it. Then built the rda.
Discovered I'm now completely out of coils.
Threw my last set of staples in the unicorn.
Now im out of coils.... it's been so long since I bought any, and I get months of use per set, I didn't realize I was down to nothing!
Sad.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Just make sure you’re stocked up on nic, just in case.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, today I got the news from Amazon that the refund for that stupid wrap has been issued. And they're awaiting the return. I left them another message saying that I would be happy to send the thing back after I'm provided a means to do so, but if they think I'll pay to return it when it's so far from what I thought i was ordering, they're crazy. :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just make sure you’re stocked up on nic, just in case.

Is there some nefarious plan in the works for nicotine that I haven't heard about?

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
As if just taxing it 3x the price wouldn’t be enough. But I guess a liter of nic for $300 would be too affordable!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I guess I gotta clear out the small freezer of all actual food, and just buy 5 more liters of nicotine! Nah, my family doesn't need to EAT or anything!

What kinda timeline on this?

Andria

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well, I guess I gotta clear out the small freezer of all actual food, and just buy 5 more liters of nicotine! Nah, my family doesn't need to EAT or anything!

What kinda timeline on this?

Andria

thats the spirit !

you don't need to make much room. get a ltr of 250mg, that should be plenty. you are a tootle puffer, and iirc you don't use much juice.

timeline, who knows. but chancer are, not far off.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
i had to buy some to find out, and thats it. but i can use it in small amounts.

I surely cannot use them. I'll sneeze every single time I hit the vape. It's ridiculous. Pretty soon my eyes and nose are running.

I kept trying, thinking I could adjust. Nope. Every single time. Aaa-chooooo!!!!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I surely cannot use them. I'll sneeze every single time I hit the vape. It's ridiculous. Pretty soon my eyes and nose are running.

I kept trying, thinking I could adjust. Nope. Every single time. Aaa-chooooo!!!!

i start to loose my breath, as in, if i used to much of it, i can't breath.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

That is so curious! I wonder what it is in the salts that make you sneeze?!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ive got one I'm not really using if you can't find it.
No no no no no... thank you very much, anyway. I have a SS Kaees something or other that has a gold band on it, doesn't look too bad, and a drip tip that totally works. It'll turn up. I found the box for the SS one, so maybe I only think I have a gold one. I just remember seeing a super deal on one, so I thought I bought it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
thats the spirit !

you don't need to make much room. get a ltr of 250mg, that should be plenty. you are a tootle puffer, and iirc you don't use much juice.

timeline, who knows. but chancer are, not far off.

Y'know... I'm usually one of the first to tell newbies not to be afraid of 100mg nicotine, it';s not toxic waste or anything. But I gotta confess... 250mg kinda scares me. I'm 3 klutzes and a knucklehead, in terms of grace and coordination, so I'm thinking I should just stick with my 100mg. :D

But you're right, I don't vape a lot, about 5ml per day, at 5mg, so the 4-ish liters I have now will last for some time. But, my son vapes too, and though he vapes commercial eliquid quite happily since he likes high- or max-VG... if that shit goes sky-high in price, he'll be more dependent on DIY than he is now, so I have to take that into consideration as well. He doesn't vape as frequently as I do, but since he likes those "cloudz yo", he probably goes thru roughly twice the eliquid that I do. Maybe 3 times. And I think he's at 6-8mg.

Andria

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Y'know... I'm usually one of the first to tell newbies not to be afraid of 100mg nicotine, it';s not toxic waste or anything. But I gotta confess... 250mg kinda scares me. I'm 3 klutzes and a knucklehead, in terms of grace and coordination, so I'm thinking I should just stick with my 100mg. :D

But you're right, I don't vape a lot, about 5ml per day, at 5mg, so the 4-ish liters I have now will last for some time. But, my son vapes too, and though he vapes commercial eliquid quite happily since he likes high- or max-VG... if that shit goes sky-high in price, he'll be more dependent on DIY than he is now, so I have to take that into consideration as well. He doesn't vape as frequently as I do, but since he likes those "cloudz yo", he probably goes thru roughly twice the eliquid that I do. Maybe 3 times. And I think he's at 6-8mg.

Andria

don't be afraid of 250mg, really. just use due caution and have a wet rag at hand, not that its really needed, but will give you confidence. i while back, there was someone here that bought 1000mg.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
don't be afraid of 250mg, really. just use due caution and have a wet rag at hand, not that its really needed, but will give you confidence. i while back, there was someone here that bought 1000mg.

Its time for gloves and goggles then.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its time for gloves and goggles then.
Corona Nicotine?

I thought about getting higher percentage freebase nic. then realized knowing myself that I would grab the wrong thing mix some juice and the go nic sick because I used the high octane stuff by mistake.
So just 100 mg/ml fer me.

VU Sponsors