Become a Patron!

What does air flow effect? Should I drill the holes in my clearos larger?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was always curious what the amount of air flow really affected. If the air is moving quicker on the drag, does more vapor come out?

I just got a mini protank 3 and I expected a different feel in the airflow since the "indoor smokers" guy on youtube reviewed it and said it feels like an aerotank with the holes wide open. I didn't notice any difference in air flow between my mini pt3 and CE5 though, probably because my mini pt3 ended up being a clone. It almost feels like sucking a thick milkshake through a straw on both of my clearos.

Anyways, would an increase in airflow benefit my vaping experience? Should I just drill out the holes on my mini pt3 a little larger? Keep in mind the low airflow on my mini pt3 has nothing to do with a gunked up coil. I've only been using it for a day now. I suspect it is because the "dual coil" head in the pt3 actually turned out to be one coil with three rows of wick. I'll learn to rebuild it as a dual coil soon enough.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
They sold upgraded bases for the protank series for increased airflow. They had adjustable air holes.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They sold upgraded bases for the protank series for increased airflow. They had adjustable air holes.
I was aware of that, but I'm not looking to spend money. Just want to drill holes if it would work better. Thanks for the info though

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
You can try drilling out the holes, but be aware that you may end up damaging the tank if you aren't extremely careful. The biggest rule of thumb is to start small and if it isn't enough try again. You can always drill bigger, but you can't size it back down if you go too big ...

VU Sponsors