Become a Patron!

what does this mean ?

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
hey guys i just got 4 new bottles of the regular juice i been vaping the past year its a 60vg 40 pg mix at 6mil nic but the color is like a jolly rancher orange not the boones strawberry hill color it always was before and its got a slight perfume taste on the exhale on the inhale it taste fine like normal what can i do to get rid of that perfume taste? thx for any help

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If it's a fresh mixed juice, it's possible a flavoring that was used might have alcohol in it. It will evaporate, or you can leave the top off for a bit, but you don't have to. The color of it, could be due to nic oxidation. It's happens, it's normal. But if this the same juice you've always gotten, I supposed it's possible that the vendor might have changed brands of nic, or flavoring.

Have you contacted the vendor?

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I would contact the vendor and send them a photo. This has come up before when someone has received an "off" looking color, unfortunately I can't remember what the problem was. But the vendor may know what's going on by seeing it.

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
no i was thinkin to i tried in the past asking about larger bottles i could purchase but they never responded back but pretty much just let it sit and do its thing then anyhow thx to you both for the fast reply

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Darker color can mean one of three things.

Different flavors were used to make the same juice.

A higher concentration of the same flavors was used to make the juice.

The juice oxidized.

In either case the best option for you is to contact the supplier.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I just don't want to see you vaping anything that might be off - like they screwed up the nic percentage, it's REALLY old nic or something like that.

Maybe it's something 'innocent' like they changed sources for their flavoring, but I wouldn't second guess a liquid that doesn't seem right.

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
Darker color can mean one of three things.

Different flavors were used to make the same juice.

A higher concentration of the same flavors was used to make the juice.

The juice oxidized.

In either case the best option for you is to contact the supplier.
just sent email to the company that makes it and its more like totally different color haha an orange when it used to be a pinkish color

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
I just don't want to see you vaping anything that might be off - like they screwed up the nic percentage, it's REALLY old nic or something like that.

Maybe it's something 'innocent' like they changed sources for their flavoring, but I wouldn't second guess a liquid that doesn't seem right.
what can happen if nic is old?

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
what can happen if nic is old?

Nothing harmful. But the color can yellow and it can take on a harsh edge as it ages. To even a lesser degree of concern the nic level can drop slightly as it oxidizes over time.

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
Nothing harmful. But the color can yellow and it can take on a harsh edge as it ages. To even a lesser degree of concern the nic level can drop slightly as it oxidizes over time.
haha had me worried kinda with your previous post thx for lookin out

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
so if its old nic they used it would kinda like smoking an old or stale cig then ?doesnt taste all that good and flavor just kinda off ?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perfume like taste can also mean the flavor concentration is too high.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
but there isnt anything i can do to change it?

First - you wait.

Shake it every so often and then leave it sit with the cap off. If the problem is alcohol as a carrier for the flavoring that will help to drive the alcohol off. This could take days to weeks.

If the problem is the flavor % was mixed too high you can always mix it with some unflavored liquid. Unflavored VG you can get in a drug store. But if you want to keep the nic level the same you would need to buy some 6 mg unflavored liquid. You can get unflavored with nic at most flavored juice suppliers.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If in fact the problem is that the flavor concentration is too high, it can be solved by diluting it with PG/VG, the problem is that it will also reduce the concentration of nic.

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
First - you wait.

Shake it every so often and then leave it sit with the cap off. If the problem is alcohol as a carrier for the flavoring that will help to drive the alcohol off. This could take days to weeks.

If the problem is the flavor % was mixed too high you can always mix it with some unflavored liquid. Unflavored VG you can get in a drug store. But if you want to keep the nic level the same you would need to buy some 6 mg unflavored liquid. You can get unflavored with nic at most flavored juice suppliers.
thx for the info guys gona check that out monday probably then too much rain this weekend to be going any place

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
well i just wanted to give all you guys a thx for the help and explanations of what was going on with that juice i just tried it today after just eaving it uncapped and shaking it few times every so often yesterday and today color is off a bit still but perfume after taste gone now so all is good haha thx again guys

VU Sponsors