Become a Patron!

WHAT FLAVORS DO YOU LIKE

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a soft spot for flavour art. In my opinion they make the best creams flavors. Some of their fruits are also very solid, and always have a spot on my work table. I use the cookie they produce quite often also. What about you Mandycat? No fair asking questions that you don't answer yourself lol.

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lots. As long as they have amazing desert flavors. Hard to pin down only a couple when there are so many companies with their amazing signature juices.

Calcilculcelcol

Member For 4 Years
So far as a noob i just mix an easy single flavor , inawera , tfa and hangsen those are my flavors that i love for now , btw iam si exited finally can go underground with this forum lol

Big Jake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually start with sample packs and when I find something I really like I order a big bottle of it...... the big bottles even after a month or two are never like the small samples. I hate trying to re order a must have juice because its never the same twice.

CandyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm a fairly new vaper... and I like 'em sweet and creamy.... so Mt. Baker Vapor's Butterscotch and Nicotickets' Custard's Last Stand are my favorites so far.

Inawera has made DIY a more simple process for me and I love their tobacco flavors especially mixed with Vapers Tec nic. I find that I am using them exclusively on a mixing day more and more. I do like some of the FA and TPA flavors as well. I have received some Hangsen and getting ready to mix a few.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mostly Inawera because I can use so little flavoring, usually 1%-3% and that's it. Some Hangsen tobaccos too.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ECBlend has been my go-to juice company for the last year or so.

My favorites:
Ry7
Dragon's Leaf
Dragon's Blood
Kahlua Wizard (I get a flavor shot of Irish Creme)

vapingmandycat

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
My favorite flavors to use are three simple companies. I dont use flavor art as alot of times there flavors are hard to come by and that sucks when you find a flavor you love and you cant always get the flavor. I do use alot of TPA mainly because of how consitant they are and the fact they offer testing on flavors and list certain factors about the flavor on the website. I also use some of lorans not the oils as oils are not good to use. I think some of the lorans flavoring offer a great flavor boost to your eliquid. I also like some of flavor west again because its consitant with the flavors and large quantities can be ordered.

vapingmandycat

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
But to answer my all time favorite flavors to use personally for my favorite all day vapes, lorans melons mixed with some sour and other fruit is awesome, and for my creamy favorites lorans cream cheese and flavor west yellow cake can make any sweet fruit pop and taste like a fresh pastry lol but thats me

L

LadyRed69

I cant deal with PG, highly allergic. I look for other options, the VG and alcohol concentrates.
There are more than 3 or 4 companies that sell them, and they all mainly buy from Russia.
Some, one only needs a drop or 2, others, by using percentages.
They carry flavors extremely well, and a bonus for people that are advanced in dripping.

Viet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like high vg cranberry, love muted flavors. The perfect amount of sweetness without being over sweet :)

I've mostly used TFA and Cap so far , and a few by Lorann's and FW. I've a huge fan of the Keoke coffee by loran, add a little tfa salted caramel and a dash of sweetner and yumminess ensues!

Canadian Company I prefer is Jugheads.co

My flavors of choice are

Captain Larry's Crunch
Rice Krispie Squares
Awesome Waffles 2
Caranimal
Original Cinnamon Heartz

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have a few favorites from each manufacturer I've tried, but my tastiest results are usually with FlavourArt.

Vaping too much PG aggravates my tinnitus, so I use all-VG nic base. Even too much PG-based flavoring makes my ears ring, so I appreciate that I can make great recipes with FlavourArt using under 5% total flavoring. I also try to avoid vaping diacetyl-type chemicals, and FA's e-cig flavors have none - so they're ideal for me. I like creamy, sweet, boozy, spicy, and fruity vapes, with an occasional binge on tobaccos. About the only thing I never use is menthol (but I love mints). I'm totally flavor-obsessed, and FA treats me right.

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What flavor company's have you found to fit your taste buds better than others and why?

There in lies the problem. I like just a few from each :p
I do lean towards FA, and HS for tobacco flavorings.
FA tells you what's in the flavoring, and HS has been around for eon's
They both have some really mild tobaccos that I like solo, and a small amount added to fruits, gives them "body"
It really would be nice if you could buy all the "good" ones from just one company ...but !!
That said ..Capella's is one company I'm done with.

Baseballmom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Desserts/bakery/custards, fruits, cereals

KnurledNut

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
I started out with tobacco flavors in the beginning, but after 2 weeks of full-time vaping I couldn't stand anything tobacco related.

Now I prefer fruit vapes and the occasional mint.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ry4d and energy drink from TFA are ADV for me. However I like fruity, coffee, tobacco on occasion desserts.

My supply consists of mostly TFA. Some FW. A few of my own . Tobacco extractions and FA. I use a couple of NF.

vaping one day at a time

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am still testing single flavors so far, for the most part. I love TFA Lychee, Inawera Cherry (CZERESNIE), FA 7 leaves tobacco, Inawera WG Dark Fire tobacco, and Hangsen Plum.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I can gather from all the reading on flavors lately, the only two companies I'll trust not to include custard notes (or at least let me know if they do contain them) are TFA and FA. Until I find otherwise, I won't buy from other companies. FW is right out after outright lying about custard notes.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I can gather from all the reading on flavors lately, the only two companies I'll trust not to include custard notes (or at least let me know if they do contain them) are TFA and FA. Until I find otherwise, I won't buy from other companies. FW is right out after outright lying about custard notes.

TFA does have some flavors that contain triacetin, like Lychee for example.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are they mentioned on their site?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, on the TFA/TPA site they are

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, good. That's where I've been ordering from. :)

You had me thinking that I'd only be able to order FA flavors. ;)

Yeah, I'm a bit militant about this, in my own way.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love Ikenvape's RY4. I love a good RY4. I still absolutely adore Alien Visions' Boba's Bounty. Vaperite's VR4 is nice. Good Life's stuff is beautiful (omg Deadly Sin - yum). I really like Halo's Captain Jack - that stuff is like crack to me.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's the deal with custard notes? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

we2rcool

Member For 4 Years
What's the deal with custard notes? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

There's no such thing as 'dumb question'! We2 (and many others) have been researching this issue for along time. We're throwing all this together quickly, so hopefully it'll be a good 'overview' :)

The three most commonly used "custard note" chemicals in vaping are diacetyl, acetyl proprionyl and acetoin. All of these chemicals (in their synthetic form, created for use in 'food flavors') are considered 'inhalation risk' chemicals by NIOSH/CDC. These are the chemicals that created the fumes/vapor in the popcorn factories that caused "popcorn lung" (bronchiolitis obliterans).

These chemicals also occur naturally in many plants, milk/dairy and fermentation. The concern appears to be with the synthetics used in food flavors as (to our knowledge) there has never been a case of bronchiolitis obliterans from inhaling the fumes/vapors of the non-synthetics.

These chemicals are prevalent in the food flavors we typically use for vaping/DIYing....and they are FDA GRAS for ingestion (but we're inhaling them, and that's a totally different issue). There are only two companies that test for these chemicals and publish the results (so that we can make an informed choice - whatever choice that may be). The E-Cig line of flavors from FA is totally 'custard note' free, and there are many flavors from TFA that are free of these chemicals as well (but some flavors still contain them). No problem there, because TFA reveals the test results on each of their flavors here: Spec Sheets & Components
...and we can use the chemical CAS #'s below for searching the Component list (or click on the links at the end for specifif searches on each).

The CAS #'s are:
diacetyl: 431-03-8
acetyl propionyl: 600-14-6
acetoin: 513-86-0

Many erroneously think these chemicals are limited to "creams, butters, caramel & custards" - but the list of flavors below from TFA (with acetyl propionyl and/or acetoin) show the vast range of flavors that commonly contain them. We can assume these flavors from ANY vendor are going to contain these chemicals (unless they've tested for them and reveal the results of that testing publicly).

There's one more issue for considerations, and that's the "amount". The current NIOSH/CDC safety recommendations for inhalation exposure (normal breathing of room air, not direct inhhalation, like when we vape) is 8-25 ppb (parts per billion).

When we see these "trace amounts" (found on the TFA site) of say, .5% of a chemical in a flavor, we naturally/automatically think 'that's not much of a concern'. But if a flavor contains just .5% of one of the chemicals and it's used to make a juice at only 5%, the resulting juice contains 250,000 ppb. Of course, that 250,000 ppb juice will be 'vaporized' (heated, mixed with air in the tank, and then mix with air when we inhale), so the resulting exposure is NOT 250,000 ppb (it will be much less)...but with a safety recommendation of only 8-25 ppb, many vapers feel that these 'trace amounts' are cause for concern.

As far as we2 are concerned, we're sticking primarily to FA and the TFA flavors that are 'clean'. Not only because of the health issues, but because we feel that EVERY manufacturer/vendor of flavors that profits/sells to vapers should test & fully disclose the chemical content of their flavors. This has been a known/public issue for MANY years...and there's simply no excuse for the 'vape industry' to be acting anything like the 'tobacco industry' when it comes to hidden chemicals that are known inhalation risks. (There are vendors that know these chemicals are in their flavors and don't disclose it - and recently FW was caught cavors were 'diacetyl free', but were tested and found to contain high amounts

Of course, being old hippies, we also feel that everybody certainly has the right to make their own choices. We just want all vapers to have the chance to make an informed choice!

(You'll need to go to the actual site and do the search, or click on the links below... and then click on the word "list" to the far right of each flavor to see the percentage/amount contained in each) - I was over the 1,000 character limit so I couldn't post the lists).
From TFA, flavors containing acetyl propionyl
From TFA, flavors containing acetoin:

Last edited:

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cheat ...
Since I had already bought the flavorings and been mixing them before I was clued in, I'm hanging onto them.
BUT ... when I vape flavoring that are questionable, I don't inhale .. I fill my mouth, roll it around like wine, and exhale through my nose.
I can still enjoy them until I run out, but I keep them away from my lungs as much as I can.
Since the mucous linings of your mouth, throat, and nasal passage is where all the nicotine is absorbed anyway, I'm not missing anything.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the infoze [user]we2rcool[/user]!!

Last edited:

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I started DIY with TFA since Wizard Labs sells 8ml for a low price. I bought quite a few trying to find my niche. I have yet to find a niche as I go in cycles from something easy like strawberry cream to complex flavors in one day or vape a single flavor until it's gone.
I really like Flavor West Sweet Cream to mix with, but that may change when I try some other brands. Basically I'm still exploring the vast world of flavors.

VU Sponsors