Become a Patron!

What is actually building up on the coils?

What is actually building up on the coils? Is it just a certain ingredient in the liquid? Been using 50/50 sweet southern vaps liquid. with an iclear 16 seems like I have to change the coil every 2-3 refills.

Is there a tank that uses a longer lasting coil?

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
sweeter juices tend to gunk up the coils faster due to the sweetener.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweetener. It's generally the darker, richer flavors that gunk up coils. Anything with a high sweetener content will "caramelize" your coils after prolonged use.

Desserts, Yogurts, Breakfasts, Candies : Gunk up coils
Tobaccos, Menthols, Fruits, Drinks : Coils stay pretty clean
Cinnamon, Absinthe, High Citruses : Can gunk up coils and crack plastic tanks

Any flavor can gunk up a coil, it just depends on how much sweetener is used.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I would not think a tobacco would have sweetener in it. I guess maybe an RY4 might as it has caramel in it. I have ran into some juices that were so sweet that I had to change the coil every tank change while other juices I could go weeks without a tank change.

I think @Condensation does tobacco maybe he might know about the tobacco flavors.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I first started, the virginia tobacco flavor I used was so clean, a coil/wick could last 3 wks.

Another kind that can seriously gunk up coils are any "organic" flavors -- if there is the slightest bit of sediment, even if you can't see it with the naked eye, it'll end up burned on the coil.

Andria

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is there a tank that uses a longer lasting coil?
First I wanted to welcome you to vaping Underground
It very well could be components of the e-liquid as others have mentioned. What device is your Iclear attached too and do you currently own just that one device?

I think @Condensation does tobacco maybe he might know about the tobacco flavors.
Some N.E.T. vapes also gunk up the coils quicker making them not ideal for something without replaceable cotton. I've vaped a lot of MaddCatts RYW4 in clearomizers and tanks and it's very delicious and I haven't had any coil issues.

First I wanted to welcome you to vaping Underground
It very well could be components of the e-liquid as others have mentioned. What device is your Iclear attached too and do you currently own just that one device?

Some N.E.T. vapes also gunk up the coils quicker making them not ideal for something without replaceable cotton. I've vaped a lot of MaddCatts RYW4 in clearomizers and tanks and it's very delicious and I haven't had any coil issues.

I have an ehaze 3.3v to 4.8 and a e-go-c I keep the ehaze on the lower 2
Anyone know of a good brand online of just normal tabaco flavors?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Black note make very fine Tobacco Liquids, its the only ones I will use as the flavor is as close as I want it.

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors