Become a Patron!

What is it?

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been building for moee than a year now and I've NEVER seen this. What the fuck is it and how do I fix it?

Attachments

• 2017-04-08_14.26.59.jpg
    2017-04-08_14.26.59.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 68

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like a thereon tank? And a braided build... What is the problem

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks like a thereon tank? And a braided build... What is the problem

It's an iJoy RDTA Box mod, yes with a braided build. The problem is that it's firing the wrong end of the lead. The only part of the coil that is heating up is the part that sticks out the end you clip off.

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What? What did I do wrong? The build is clean as fuck, there's no wire debris, there's no cross connection or hard short worries (it tells me if there is and stops me from pushing the button anyways) and the leads are good and tight. I have no fucking clue what the hell could be wrong with it.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Loose screw... just because it doesn't turn doesn't mean it's tight... try loosening and retightening the grubs.

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Loose screw... just because it doesn't turn doesn't mean it's tight... try loosening and retightening the grubs.

FUCK!
I really hope that's not the case because I stripped the little bastards tightening thrlem down! x.x Idk if I'll be able to back them out again or not and I don't have any spares

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was just shocked by your title and this
I'VE NEVER SEEN THUS BEFORE! D8 IT'S BLOWONG MY FUCKING MIND! The coil is only firing out the end that you clip off and only on one lead end, how the fuck does that even happen? D8

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2017-04-08_14-26-59-jpg.79028

I don't build complicated stuff, but to my eyes, that coil looks messed up and not locked in there right

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
2017-04-08_15.09.24.jpg
This is what the wire looked like before I wrapped it. Idk why it got so ugle after the wrapping process, I kind of hate it >.< It's a 4 strand TRT braid

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We have some awesome coil builders here , hopefully they will post up some tips for you soon, Good luck!!!:wave:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, looks like the wires are not fully clamped down in there.

Get a hobby grade allen driver from amazon, ebay or wherever for a few bucks (on the low end). The L wrenches that come with attomizers are crap and are only good for stripping grub screws.

You need to be able to really clamp down on fancy coils, especially multiple wire twists because they want to wiggle around in there unless you smash them together.

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
What gauge wire is that 22 or something? Have you tried a thinner gauge might be easier to screw in the posts

....could be the screw the other side that's the issue as well, check all of them to be sure

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like twisted parallel.. your going to have to smash the wire In the posts With those grubs..

those grubs look mangled... they will need replacement too

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's shorting in the post hole. Too much wire, and not enough contact.
That heavy gauge wire is also the reason it didn't wrap well. I'd back it down to at least 26g.

VU Sponsors